Cody Ellis

bk18

This past summer, CE apparently lost weight and worked on speed to fit the 3 position better. Last year he was an unaggressive, undermuscled 4.

I still think he doesn't fit either position well.

Should he be a 3 or a 4 and how can he step it up as a difference maker.

This past summer, CE apparently lost weight and worked on speed to fit the 3 position better. Last year he was an unaggressive, undermuscled 4.

both and get healthy

First thing first for Cody is to get into top condition. Everyone knows he was really sick over the summer and couldnt really do much weight training, hence the drop in weight. If we had a full lineup(including WR and KM) he would be perfect coming off the bench as a 6th man and providing instant offense and creating matchup problems for the opposition. Next year if we have WR(which is a big if) I could see Rick going with a lineup of:

Mitchell

Cassity

Barnett

Loe

Reed

with Cody Ellis subbing in for Barnett or Loe that can come in a light it up from three. He just needs to get into shape.

First thing first for Cody is to get into top condition. Everyone knows he was really sick over the summer and couldnt really do much weight training, hence the drop in weight. If we had a full lineup(including WR and KM) he would be perfect coming off the bench as a 6th man and providing instant offense and creating matchup problems for the opposition. Next year if we have WR(which is a big if) I could see Rick going with a lineup of:

Mitchell

Cassity

Barnett

Loe

Reed

with Cody Ellis subbing in for Barnett or Loe that can come in a light it up from three. He just needs to get into shape.

I doubt Cody knows he'll be a 6th man next year if they come back. Seriously, though if they did (though I doubt Willie does) and those 5 started and everyone returned we'd have a bench of

Manning and Cory at the 5

Conklin at the 4

Cody at the 3,4

Evans at the 3

McCall and Jett at the 1,2

That 7 would give some teams we've seen a hell of a run.

I sure like CE.

I hope he looks and feels better

He has the skills set to get us 14.375 points per game against D1 in OOC and 14.8 in A10

Kids that age should feel better after 2-3 weeks, shouldn't they.

I doubt Cody knows he'll be a 6th man next year if they come back. Seriously, though if they did (though I doubt Willie does) and those 5 started and everyone returned we'd have a bench of

Conklin at the 4

Cody at the 3,4

Evans at the 3

That 7 would give some teams we've seen a hell of a run.

I think we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves to assume Cody Ellis is going to be coming off the bench the rest of his career at SLU. He is killing us on the defensive end right now due to being out of shape and just generally not a great deffender, but this kid is a scorer. He is one of the top three scorers on the team when he is right and we need those guys on the floor.

First thing is to get healthy and then get his conditioning back. Hard to know for sure how he'd do at either position until those things happen, otherwise he may be a 6th guy kind of player. Ideally I'd say 3 fits him better. Never have seen the kind of aggressiveness and grit a 4 needs to have from CE. Even a healthy, strong CE might struggle as a 4 and his ability to shoot might be better used at the 3.

Mitchell

Cassity

Barnett

Loe

Reed

Cripes we're barely 3 games into this year and you're projecting next year's lineup with two players not even enrolled in the school. Wow!

Cripes we're barely 3 games into this year and you're projecting next year's lineup with two players not even enrolled in the school. Wow!

ala Tony LaRussa RM knows how to mix up a lineup. Absolutely no resemblance to the team that played Georgia.

Who would have figured CE and RL to be leading rebounders and defenders and Conklin with solid play and good finishes.

Hoorah for PE having the perfect night to lead the team on 9 for 16 from the three.

Jordair Jett and MM looked much better although their defense still was a little soft with flourishes of glory

I think we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves to assume Cody Ellis is going to be coming off the bench the rest of his career at SLU. He is killing us on the defensive end right now due to being out of shape and just generally not a great deffender, but this kid is a scorer. He is one of the top three scorers on the team when he is right and we need those guys on the floor.

that's what I was saying with I doubt Cody knows he'll be the 6th man. Remember though it was talking about if Willie and Kwamain came back. IF they did a very good player is going to be coming off the bench unless they let us start 6 or 7 guys. Like you though, I'm not sure Cody would be the one.

I don't know if you are aware, but this is the Billiken's message board. It's just conversation, like a bunch of guys/girls sitting around a bar talking about their team over a few beers. Where we'd be next year if KM and WR were still on the team is interesting to me. Next time we'll wait to you go to the bathroom to bring it up.

I say play CE he will come around. What we saw last year is still there and will only be better. The reason RM says starting is for high school is that he knows the time will come - it may already be here - that players will have to share the time. Look at last night. Which players got the most playing time and scoring - it was those who came off the bench. You get in and prove yourself and you will play plenty of minutes.

Mitchell

Cassity

Barnett

Loe

Reed

Conklin at the 4

Cody at the 3,4

Evans at the 3

Oh my - that team would beat last year's team by 20. I'm so pissed at that ruling of that stupid board. Come back WR and KM!

And CS on the plane back to Oz

I don't know if you are aware, but this is the Billiken's message board. It's just conversation, like a bunch of guys/girls sitting around a bar talking about their team over a few beers. Where we'd be next year if KM and WR were still on the team is interesting to me. Next time we'll wait to you go to the bathroom to bring it up.

May be interesting, Skip, but only if you're playing the NCAA video game. I don't know, but I'm assuming the EA company didn't expel WR and KM like SLU did. I guess my point was, posters are salivating over next year's imaginary lineup when this season's barely 3 weeks old. Sounds like a few of you have written off the season.

I say play CE he will come around. What we saw last year is still there and will only be better. The reason RM says starting is for high school is that he knows the time will come - it may already be here - that players will have to share the time. Look at last night. Which players got the most playing time and scoring - it was those who came off the bench. You get in and prove yourself and you will play plenty of minutes.

RM's not going to play him if he doesn't think he's in game shape or is mailing it in on D. Overall, I agree with you. Get him on the floor. We need the points. I'm no Doctor, but everyone I know who's ever had mono has said all you want to do is sleep and it takes a fair amout of time to get your strength back. So, let's see where he goes from here. Also, I'm not sure if CE was 6th man he'd bolt for the outback. If he gets 20-25 mpg he'll still have a good shot at showing off his game. And if he really shows it off, he'll be back in the starting 5.

May be interesting, Skip, but only if you're playing the NCAA video game. I don't know, but I'm assuming the EA company didn't expel WR and KM like SLU did. I guess my point was, posters are salivating over next year's imaginary lineup when this season's barely 3 weeks old. Sounds like a few of you have written off the season.

No, not at all. I mean I'm realistic about the season, but am looking forward to the kids. Just conversation

I'd personally give Cody a pass for the first month of the season. He had mono and I read something about an infection. All indications are he had major health issues to overcome this summer that prevented him from playing. He's just going to have to play his way back into to shape. We should judge him on his play in December and going forward. I'm optimistic his shot will start falling.

coach said Cody was in the hospital with an IV last week

His rebounding and RL's rebounding were both encouraging in the TS game considering they ad three adequate forwards; if TS had a second guard they would not be a bad team.

Obviosly they were well prepared and we outcoached them second half and they did not have a supporting cast on the bench