hang time

GOSLU68

okay they are young

Eckerle did not play have we seen the last of him?

CS, CE, BC did not have good games yet we could have won this game

I was surprised we couldn't get CE going when we needed points-he is the one hurt most by lack of a post threat

okay they are young

Eckerle did not play have we seen the last of him?

CS, CE, BC did not have good games yet we could have won this game

I was surprised we couldn't get CE going when we needed points-he is the one hurt most by lack of a post threat

It was reported he missed 2 practices w/ the flu. And remember he missied a lot of work over the summer with Mono. CE played weak last night, but would hope as his strength builds he returns to form. CS is a liability on offense an asset on D. BC can't hit the bunnies and putbacks. That hurts.

It was reported he missed 2 practices w/ the flu. And remember he missied a lot of work over the summer with Mono. CE played weak last night, but would hope as his strength builds he returns to form. CS is a liability on offense an asset on D. BC can't hit the bunnies and putbacks. That hurts.

Highlight of game was Conklinesque move by Rob Loe to screen one of their guards to the floor-too bad he stuck an elbow out as well and was called for obvious foul-now, if he could just get BC to shoot better

Highlight of game was Conklinesque move by Rob Loe to screen one of their guards to the floor-too bad he stuck an elbow out as well and was called for obvious foul-now, if he could just get BC to shoot better

BC just can't score against quick big guys. He needs to draw contact and hope for a foul or pass to the open man when they collapse on him.

CS is snake bit. He has regressed offensively since he got here and he has never shown the consistency to be called a 3point threat. However, he does have game. He may be our best defender.

Last year he seemed to drive more and was more confident in his shot. Maybe he needs a sports psychologist to hypnotize him to restore his confidence in his offense. He has talent and is an asset. If the offense comes around like Kyle's has he would be in our top 3.

When BC gets a rebound is it better for the team if he just nicely steps out of bounds and gives the other team the ball so he can at least get back on defense rather than shoot the bunny and miss giving the other team a long rebound allowing them to start a break?

BC can't hit the bunnies and putbacks. That hurts.

I agree that not getting those points hurts, but those shots are, in fact, brutally contested. Headfakes might help, but the time they take gives other defenders time to collapse. From what I saw, BC was hammered on two missed "bunnies" and perhaps there could have been a call. With all due respect, I am sure that you would agree that playing inside in D-1 is not exactly like playing in the CYO.

I agree that not getting those points hurts, but those shots are, in fact, brutally contested. Headfakes might help, but the time they take gives other defenders time to collapse. From what I saw, BC was hammered on two missed "bunnies" and perhaps there could have been a call. With all due respect, I am sure that you would agree that playing inside in D-1 is not exactly like playing in the CYO.

Yeah, it always seems to me that BC draws a lot of contact on those misses, but we rarely get the foul calls. I think this is probably because the defenders are much taller and more athletic than BC. Also, sometimes it seems like he is trying to draw or initiate contact rather than just putting the ball in the hoop.

I learned its easiest to just close my eyes.

If he gets a rebound underneath and you've got inside position on the weak side, you have no chance for the inevietable board. He'll bang it so hard off the glass it'll lead to fast break points on the other end. The guy has no touch. I love his intensity but I'd rather have Dwayne Polk shooting a contested 3 than BC attempting a contested putback.

please quit.

Probably true, but we really beat on each other during CYO games because we knew stuff wasn't going to be called

Yeah, no kidding! You should have played in the Industrial Leagues in Detroit. Blood in just about every game.

Better to have a hustling rebound than not--even if the probability of a score or a foul is low, no?

jj while your point is well taken about the level of physical play at the D1 level, the fact remains that if we get the ball that close, the player concerned either better score or get fouled and preferably both. here's the contrast, dwayne last night got hammered going up probably as badly as any attempt brian had last night. dwayne made the shot got fouled and made the free throw.

right now, i would seriously think about starting all four freshman with cassity. a case can be made for cory as he has obviously started to ramp up and we could use his added size over evans. but even then, evans has shown a very consistent effort imo and hasnt backed down one bit guarding or going at the bigger opponents.

but no way ellis, conklin and salacich should start right now. all three bring an attribute to the game. ellis shooting the three, salacich playing very good defense, and conklin's energy and defense/rebounding. but all three give away a lot with ellis defense, salacich offense and conklin offense. all three can contribute in short doses, but they need to have minutes reduced until they pick up their shortcomings imo.

jj while your point is well taken about the level of physical play at the D1 level, the fact remains that if we get the ball that close, the player concerned either better score or get fouled and preferably both. here's the contrast, dwayne last night got hammered going up probably as badly as any attempt brian had last night. dwayne made the shot got fouled and made the free throw.

right now, i would seriously think about starting all four freshman with cassity. a case can be made for cory as he has obviously started to ramp up and we could use his added size over evans. but even then, evans has shown a very consistent effort imo and hasnt backed down one bit guarding or going at the bigger opponents.

but no way ellis, conklin and salacich should start right now. all three bring an attribute to the game. ellis shooting the three, salacich playing very good defense, and conklin's energy and defense/rebounding. but all three give away a lot with ellis defense, salacich offense and conklin offense. all three can contribute in short doses, but they need to have minutes reduced until they pick up their shortcomings imo.

Yes, I agree with your point, which is probably what Skip was saying, too. (Sorry Skip) It is not like you get to "choose" to be fouled, though. The Evans play and the two Conklin plays were at our end. Evans did get hit, but, as I recall the ball bounced in for him. Still, I would rather have the rebound and a attempt rather no rebound.

As to who get the minutes, well, I guess RM and Porter are working on that. If the Bills don't go dry for that big stretch, the whole discussion is moot. I wonder if all teams (i.e., not just the Bills) have these long scoring droughts? Seems as though the Bills have their share.

One issue that the Bills have with the Frosh is that all the offensive options are not put in. So, the defense has a higher likelihood of being able to antcipate the offense.

Peace out.