Bills Advance in A-10 Baseball Tourney

The Bills took down Fordham today, 16-10. Next up: #1 seed Charlotte.

If they can get some pitching they could win it. I would guess Cotton pitches tomorrow.

Nice, for people who do not follow the baseball program where does this put us?

From what I can tell from looking at the bracket, we are in the semifinals. We will play the winner of Rhode Island-Xavier tomorrow at noon ET, 11 am CT. If we win that game, it puts us into the finals without a loss in a double elimination tournament. If we lose the first game tomorrow, we'd play again Friday night for a spot in the finals.

Single win advances to the NCAA tourney or is it a best of 3 for the A-10 championship?

In the finals (still a round away from that) the double elimination still is in place. There will be one team in the finals with zero losses and one team with one loss. The team with one loss needs to win two games to win the title, while the unbeaten team just needs to win one game. Definitely would be beneficial to win the game against either Rhody or Xavier tomorrow.

Is SLU baseball D-I now? Where do things stand now?

Serious? They have been D-1 since at least 1965 when they went to the World Series.

Great game by Cotton.

I am pumped up about this. I'm guessing we will start Mancuso he is 6-6 with 6.41 ERA. Win that one and we can bring back Alemann on short rest?

We advanced to the CSU-Fullerton regional in 2006 after winning the A-10 Tournament in the Bronx. The team learned of their seed at a gas station somewhere in Ohio, as they bussed it back to STL from Rose Hill. According to Bob Hughes, Stick demanded that they bus stop in the Poconos so he could pick up a case or two of Yuengling.

We advanced to the CSU-Fullerton regional in 2006 after winning the A-10 Tournament in the Bronx. The team learned of their seed at a gas station somewhere in Ohio, as they bussed it back to STL from Rose Hill. According to Bob Hughes, Stick demanded that they bus stop in the Poconos so he could pick up a case or two of Yuengling.

Smart move.

Stick didn't drink anything but Diet Coke and dip spit beause that was the Bob Hughes diet.

I am pumped up about this. I'm guessing we will start Mancuso he is 6-6 with 6.41 ERA. Win that one and we can bring back Alemann on short rest?

If we lose, then we have to play again tonight, right? That would be rough. Let's hope for a W against XU so it won't be an issue.