family arena

I thought the atmosphere at the family arena was tremendous. Even though the crowd was only around 6,000 it got very loud the last 10 minutes of the game. I'm sorry that so many of you feel that it is such an inconvenience to travel to st. charles. I've been to ever Bill's home game this year and this was far and away the best atmosphere.

The raucousness of the crowd at this game was head and shoulders above anything experienced in the Savvis this year. The kids fed off of it. Without the Family Arena homecourt advantage, we would have been one and done.

There's no way you could make it to this game by 6 pm if you work in St. Louis City/West County and get off of work at 5 pm. If it had been a 7 pm start the attendance would have easily been 7,000.

Man, am I glad I don't have to go to work today. I'm exhausted.

3star said:

"There's no way you could make it to this game by 6 pm if you work in St. Louis City/West County and get off of work at 5 pm. If it had been a 7 pm start the attendance would have easily been 7,000."

I agree with what you said except for the above statement. I left DesPeres at 5:10 and made it easily, including bumper to bumber northbound on 270 between Olive and Page and having to wait in line for parking at the arena and in line for will call ticket pick-up. We were in our seats at 5:50. The Page extension really helps.

I thought the atmosphere was great (especially when 0:00 was showing on the clock!). But the scoreboard left a LOT to be desired. Even on those rare occasions when the timekeeper had the clock and the score correct, the scoreboard itself was difficult to read. Let's hope we do much better with respect to that piece of equipment in our new building!

but the only one was the one right over the palyers heads. Multiple times I saw guys craining their necks to get a view of the score.

All in all though I loved the atmoshpere and can't wait till we move into our own arena of similar size. The Biondi dome is going to rock.