Majok from UCONN?

DRose1

I have heard that this kid is transfering from UCONN to SLU. I assume this is complete BS, but it would be sweet. anyone have any more info. and no, i am not thinking of Majok Majok. I'm talking Ater Majok.

DOUBTFUL. Sound made up to me. If WR gets drafted it's possible, but I wouldn't toss that idea around until draft time.

DOUBTFUL. Sound made up to me. If WR gets drafted it's possible, but I wouldn't toss that idea around until draft time.

It's actually very true. Of course him coming here is no sure thing, but he has expressed interest.

And, you are right about him being an Aussie, kind of interesting.

It's actually very true. Of course him coming here is no sure thing, but he has expressed interest.

And, you are right about him being an Aussie, kind of interesting.

So now we have to find 3 people to leave? Or is there one spot for Clyburn/Majok and then Jett is coming here to walk on...

Majerus wouldnt push someone like Conklin out would he...JJ might be finished...JS as well....I thought we had pretty good team chemistry but we might as well be Kentucky if we lose 4 scholarship players in an off season.

We better just be able to make it to the elite 8 if this all goes down...

Well you lost all credibility when you started talking about WR getting drafted! :lol: :lol: Considering he hasn't even declared. I also wouldn't count anything out regarding recruiting.

Willie is playing ball at SLU next year, and more than likely the year after that.

THis majok kid is 6'11" and seems to be a typical, young big. Not overly skilled as of yet. Just looking at his stats--he averaged about 15 minutes, 2.3 pts, 1.6 blocks, 3 rebs per game. Not great, but not bad either--against BE competition. Now, if he did come, he would have to sit a year. So, he could be a real solid backup to WR (if he sticks around) 2 years from now. Also, there are a ton of variables, not least of which is the crdibility of this rumor, but you have the play of our current bigs prgressing, and the fact that RM and this staff definitely have shown that they are not content with status quo and are alsoways trying to recruit new and hopefully better players to add to the program. so IF, and that is a big IF right now, this kid comes, there is almost no way of knowing what kind of, if any, impact he can/will have.

On paper I would have to say he is a solid player and someone the coaches would like to work with. I see that he may have a huge upside, but a bit premature now.

Did a little research. Scout had Ater as a 4 star #10 ranked PF coming out of high school. He then had serious clearance issues coming out of australia (via egypt and sudan) and sat out the 2009 season and missed the fall semester last year as well (sound familiar...). He declared for the 2009 NBA draft, but did not hire an agent. Just doing a google search, there's a bit of nba hype around him. His numbers at uconn this spring weren't overly impressive, but sitting out that long, some of that could be attributed to rust. Of course, if he transfers, you are looking at another year of sitting out. He was a freshman this year, but he will turn 23 this summer. If he transfers he would be a 24 year old sophmore when he finally plays.

One other interesting thing. Majok Majok is his cousin from Perth australia and is someone slu was (is?) still looking at. If Ater transfers, they will be in the same class. Hmmm....

One other interesting thing. Majok Majok is his cousin from Perth australia and is someone slu was (is?) still looking at. If Ater transfers, they will be in the same class. Hmmm....

That's why this rumor may have a grain of truth in it. Wasn't it reported Majok Majok had SLU right at the top of his list? This may simply be a family matter. Also, it may be AM thinks he'll make a bigger splash at SLU than UConn and up his NBA stock. Offseason Billiken Basketball is suddenly becoming interesting again.

See how well Hasheem Thabeet fared this year for more on UConn big men struggles.

Last time I checked SLU is collegiate basketball. Thabeet plays for the Grizzlies a professional team. Thabeet was a stud at UConn. Not sure how you can compare the two other than they played on the same team for a year...

Last time I checked SLU is collegiate basketball. Thabeet plays for the Grizzlies a professional team. Thabeet was a stud at UConn. Not sure how you can compare the two other than they played on the same team for a year...

Right, but obviously he wasn't ready.

I appreciate how thick you laid on that sarcasm.

Right, but obviously he wasn't ready.

I appreciate how thick you laid on that sarcasm.

a lot of the nba lottery picks arent ready and never pan out. the draft is about potential not proven talent. when the pot of gold is there, you better take it and run.

So I didn't spend my afternoon doing research on this, but I still can't find any credible sources even mentioning this. Everything online is referring to this blog which refers to nothing besides what DROSE1 apparently "heard". If anyone finds something credible could they post it? Where did DROSE1 hear this?

So I didn't spend my afternoon doing research on this, but I still can't find any credible sources even mentioning this. Everything online is referring to this blog which refers to nothing besides what DROSE1 apparently "heard". If anyone finds something credible could they post it? Where did DROSE1 hear this?

He is mentioned in detail on Billikenreport.com

I have multiple credible sources that told me he was looking at us before DRose posted it. So, I'm guessing that DRose had a good source too since this isn't made up.

Is it possible that people are getting their Majok's confused? SLU has been recruiting a high school kid by that name (I think these two guys are related). The kid at UConn was a major recruit. Kentucky and all the big boys were after him. He is from Australia which is why it would make sense for us, but the kid is 22 and I think he has already flirted with the idea of turning pro. I just find it hard to believe that he would be willing to sit out another year.

Is it possible that people are getting their Majok's confused? SLU has been recruiting a high school kid by that name (I think these two guys are related). The kid at UConn was a major recruit. Kentucky and all the big boys were after him. He is from Australia which is why it would make sense for us, but the kid is 22 and I think he has already flirted with the idea of turning pro. I just find it hard to believe that he would be willing to sit out another year.

It is kind of hard to believe that he would be willing to sit out a year, but no, no one is confusing the two. You are right that we are recruiting his cousin Majok Majok as well.