Rob Loe Video

SLUSAE

Unfortunately, I missed the Nike Hoop Summit. Does anybody have any video of Rob Loe? It is quite hard to find online. Thanks.

I recorded it, but have yet to see Rob Loe. I have not watched the whole thing though. Does anyone know how many minutes he played?

nine uneventful minutes.

You know, I only watched the first quarter (and I had previously read some of the quotes on his performance that suggested he played poorly), but what I saw was the most impressive big man on SLU's roster next year (or at least a great compliment to Willie). He went up and stopped IL's recruit from scoring at the rim, and although it was a foul, it showed that he is strong inside. Also, he went on a drive to the hoop from NBA range, and though he eventually lost the ball out of bounds, he showed that he has good quickness and decent ball control. Certainly he did not have a good game, but he will easily be a force by next year.

You know, I only watched the first quarter (and I had previously read some of the quotes on his performance that suggested he played poorly), but what I saw was the most impressive big man on SLU's roster next year (or at least a great compliment to Willie). He went up and stopped IL's recruit from scoring at the rim, and although it was a foul, it showed that he is strong inside. Also, he went on a drive to the hoop from NBA range, and though he eventually lost the ball out of bounds, he showed that he has good quickness and decent ball control. Certainly he did not have a good game, but he will easily be a force by next year.

Bad games happen. I don't understand the 'sky is falling' mentality some appear to have. It's foolish to look at 1 game and say 'he sucks'. Willie had bad games this year. If you watched one of those games, Willie would look bad. But if you watch the season and how he does you see his NBA potential. Same can be said for Loe. Overall internationally he's played very well.

Bad games happen. I don't understand the 'sky is falling' mentality some appear to have. It's foolish to look at 1 game and say 'he sucks'. Willie had bad games this year. If you watched one of those games, Willie would look bad. But if you watch the season and how he does you see his NBA potential. Same can be said for Loe. Overall internationally he's played very well.

Who did that? All I did was say that he didn't stand out and I don't expect him to be a star as a freshman. You all just WANT to read that as "he stinks."

Heres another video of them doing shooting drills. Number 13 again.

Little soft on his jams. If he goes up like that against WR in practice, he's gonna be eating some bball. Like his form on his jumper. Everyone looked disinterested, but RL did show he can catch and shoot in the shooting drills.

He looks very adept at setting high screens and playing away from the basket--which RM's Offense requires. He also seemed comfortable guarding some pretty talented bigs. That Kanter (#11 in videos) kid is going to Kentucky and looks like he is going to be a force.

RL definitely can shoot from the outside and looks like he has good hands. Plus he can play above the rim easily. He was going maybe 1/4 speed on his low post drills and easily dunks without hardly trying to jump.

Does anyone know where some of these international players are going to go to school? The NIKE summit page only lists the schools where the US team players are going.

There was some serious talent on the floor for this game. We really are lucky to be getting one of these players. I am real excited about Loe's future as a Billiken.

Thanks a ton kcbill--great time killer while here at work. Plus I got to see the newest Bill play against very good opposition--although about 3/4 speed for the most part. Still awesome stuff. He looks like the real deal Thanks again for the videos. Good stuff.

Lets not put the kid up on too high of a pedestal. He has potential but he is going to play in the US where D1 teams play tighter defense. He definitley has game. I hope he gets into a good summer program to start his transition.

Lets not put the kid up on too high of a pedestal. He has potential but he is going to play in the US where D1 teams play tighter defense. He definitley has game. I hope he gets into a good summer program to start his transition.

Once he is done with his international obligations with New Zealand he is coming to St. Louis to train. I think that will be in May or June

Thanks for posting the vids. I DVR'd the game the other night, but it didn't start in Nashville until the 3rd qtr.

My assessment is the same as watching his brief stint on Saturday night. I think this guy is a perfect fit for Majerus' system. Those who thought the next Demarcus Cousins was going to show up on campus this fall will be sorely disappointed. Those who think he's a stiff are way off too. This guy has skills. He seems a bit timid and needs to work on his strength (probably the reason for the timidness).However, for a 6'11 guy, he is very coordinated and moves very well. He reminds me a bit of Ian. He seems to look for the pass a lot and definitely has a bit of a stroke....and again....he's 6'11. I'm not sure if he'll come in as a starter, but he'll be quick off the bench. I think Willie would toast him right now (as he should being older and more seasoned), but not sure how the other bigs would fair. Corey has a little more athleticism and strength (at least best I can tell from these 6 vids), but not the ball skills yet.

I think he'll be the first big off the bench and might move to a starter position before the end of the season. I'm REALLY excited to see how this guy progresses with Rick's coaching. He could become a big time player....just not there yet.

Also, here are videos of all their practices from the week.

RL is in them all I believe.

In under 3 minutes I will tell you the fate of each of these players' future based on the Scrimmage 1:

Kanter didn't score once and will transfer to SWIC by the end of the year. Harrelson will be playing 35.9 minutes a game averaging 21.1 PPG.

Sui Ran air-balled and missed a layup without even hitting the rim; he will find his future selling British Knights at a nearby Foot Locker.

Rob Loe made a shot and set great screens and will be declaring for the NBA tomorrow.

In under 3 minutes I will tell you the fate of each of these players' future based on the Scrimmage 1:

Kanter didn't score once and will transfer to SWIC by the end of the year. Harrelson will be playing 35.9 minutes a game averaging 21.1 PPG.

Sui Ran air-balled and missed a layup without even hitting the rim; he will find his future selling British Knights at a nearby Foot Locker.

Rob Loe made a shot and set great screens and will be declaring for the NBA tomorrow.

i concur. thats really all i needed to see from any of these guys to determine their fate