96 team bracket

I don't see the 96 team field for 2010-2011 as they don't have the facilities reserved. Maybe in a couple of years.

Why would they have the facilities reserved if they haven't even made the decision yet whether they will be expanding next season or 2014? When the decision is made at the end of this month, and it looks like it is leaning towards expansion next season, they will be able to get the facilities locked up.

That still presents a logistical issue as the first round games will be played on Thursday and Friday. This would cause the second and third rounds games to be moved Saturday thru Tuesday. So the NCAA would have to change when it wanted the rights to every building from Thursday, Friday to Monday, Tuesday. That is probably not possible.

I don't see how the first round would be relevant unless your team was playing in the games.

few of any of the 13-16 seed games are relevant now. those are the teams that would have to play the winners of the 32 team playins.

what will now be relavent are the 1-4 seeds first games now. where they basically had byes before, now every single one of them will be in danger of losing their first games.

I think it is an absolutely awful idea to expand the tournament for numerous reasons. But I've pretty much decided to accept that it is going to happen. The NCAA wants the TV money and the big time conferences and coaches want their middle of the road teams to make the tournament. It's bad for the 1 seeds too because instead of playing 16 seed Arkansas Pine Bluff, they'll be playing the winner of the 16/17 game which will most likely be 2 teams like maybe Virginia Tech and Arizona St. I think SLU would make the tournament next year no matter what, so that shouldn't play much of a factor for us SLU fans. Opening Round games will probably be on the Tuesday and Wednesday and then the rest of the tournament will be played out normally. I just think if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I really think it's going to happen.

This may come as a shock to you, but the facilities the NCAA uses also host other events. So it is possible, if not likely, other events have already been booked where the NCAA would be trying to play the games in 2011.

I am shocked! How long have they been doing this? What will the NCAA do? What they will do is find venues to play the games if they expand next season. This isn't sociology, figure it out.

I am shocked! How long have they been doing this? What will the NCAA do? What they will do is find venues to play the games if they expand next season. This isn't sociology, figure it out.

Considering the expansion is all about money and it would cost them to move the leases they already have in place with the 8 first round hosts, the NCAA will have no incentive to expand the field.

Considering the expansion is all about money and it would cost them to move the leases they already have in place with the 8 first round hosts, the NCAA will have no incentive to expand the field.

It just depends how long it takes to ink the tv deal, once they decide to opt out. The cost of moving things around to them is chump change. There incentive to expand the field is money. If they opt out of their $6 billion deal with CBS, then Fox and ESPN will be bidding billions of dollars on a new deal with the NCAA that will involve a tournament of 96 teams.

It just depends how long it takes to ink the tv deal, once they decide to opt out. The cost of moving things around to them is chump change. There incentive to expand the field is money. If they opt out of their $6 billion deal with CBS, then Fox and ESPN will be bidding billions of dollars on a new deal with the NCAA that will involve a tournament of 96 teams.

Please God... Since expansion 'has' to happen, let ESPN get the broadcast rights... CBS in 20+ years has had no idea what they're doing...