Andrew Bogut is major selling point for Rick Majerus

bk18

Everyone's been discussing all the factors that might help or hurt us reel in Loe, but we can't forget about Andrew Bogut.

Last time Majerus got a 7 footer from down under, he made him the #1 overall draft pick, AP player of the year, ESPN player of the year, Naismith Award Winner, Wooden Award Winner in just 2 years (before he could even legally drink in the US). Where will you go Rob Loe?

Interesting side note about New Zealanders:

People, especially Australians, call people from New Zealand "Kiwis".

If Rob Loe joins the Billikens, the Blue Crew will perform the Haka chant after every made Rob Loe basket (instead of Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi)

Interesting side note about Bogut:

For the 2009-2010 Bucks season, Bogut bought out a group of 100 lower-section seats to be given to fans that would show up to support the Bucks by creating outrageous, loud cheering to support the home team. The group was given the name "Squad 6" (after Bogut's number 6), and potential members were instructed to tryout for the offer, initially by attending auditions at the Bradley Center for Bogut himself. The group of Squad 6 can easily be seen (and heard) at home games by their varied and often wild costumes, as well as loud chants, playing of instruments, and general rowdy, home-team helping fervor.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/65688147.html

Just send video of Willie Reed on "O" as a freshman, vs. "now".

NOW he has pivot moves galore.

"Blue feet".

Last yr he was raw as hell, mostly just stood there on "O" and hoped for offensive rebounds.

Unbelievable progress in one yr.

Just send video of Willie Reed on "O" as a freshman, vs. "now".

NOW he has pivot moves galore.

"Blue feet".

Last yr he was raw as hell, mostly just stood there on "O" and hoped for offensive rebounds.

Unbelievable progress in one yr.

Good post, MB. You are right about Majerus. He can take clay and mold it.

I think more important factors in our favor are Harriman, Salecich and Ellis. Majerus has a track of developing players, plus we may be on the cusp of doing some special things, so get on board Mr. Loe. Heck, we're already on the verge of winning a national championship. :)

I think more important factors in our favor are Harriman, Salecich and Ellis.

Exactly. We have been told that Loe has a good relationship with Salecich and Ellis, so that would trump any potential negativity coming from Bogut. Is there reason to believe Bogut even knows who Loe is and if he did would he have any interest in where/who he decides to play his college ball for?

Exactly. We have been told that Loe has a good relationship with Salecich and Ellis, so that would trump any potential negativity coming from Bogut. Is there reason to believe Bogut even knows who Loe is and if he did would he have any interest in where/who he decides to play his college ball for?

I also think that's a big stretch. Bogut has been out of college for quite a while now. I know there's some crossover in connections with Aussie and Kiwi hoops, but I wouldn't think that a significantly older former player of Majerus' from another country than Loe would have that much influence on him, especially compared to guys his age who play for Majerus now. It doesn't make much sense to me.