OT-SLU Baseball Danny Brock

This kid is on fire! Big game against #17 Ole Miss tonight.

HEADLINES

Danny Brock Garners National Acclaim

SLU Falls 8-4 at SEMO

Danny Brock Named A-10 Player of the Week

March 24, 2010

ST. LOUIS - Saint Louis senior first baseman Danny Brock landed on a pair of national Teams of the Week after helping the Billikens to three wins last week, including a doubleheader sweep of No. 19 Kansas.

CollegeBaseball360.com named Brock the CB360 Primetime Player of the Week, while CollegeBaseballInsider.com named Brock its Northeast Region Player of the Week. Earlier this week, Brock was tabbed the Atlantic 10 Conference's baseball Player of the Week.

In the first NCAA baseball statistical report released yesterday, Brock is third in the nation with 36 RBIs and fourth with 10 home runs. He also leads the A-10 in slugging percentage (.892), walks (17) and runs scored (24). Brock is third in the league with 30 hits and fourth with a .525 on-base percentage.

Brock hit .563 (9-for-16), belted three home runs and drove in 12 runs in four games last week. He began the week by leading the team with three hits and four RBIs Tuesday against Indiana State. The next day, Brock went 2-for-4 with a go-ahead two-run home run against Evansville en route to an 8-7 victory.

Brock had a big day in the doubleheader against Kansas. In the first game, he drove in five runs on three hits and also scored three times. His three-run homer in the bottom of the seventh put the Billikens on top for good. In the nightcap, Brock singled, was hit by a pitch and scored twice as the Billikens rolled to their third straight win.

The Billikens (11-10) face No. 17 Ole Miss Wednesday in a 6:30 p.m. start at Oxford-University Stadium/Swayze Field. This weekend, the Billikens open A-10 play at home against Xavier in a three-game set beginning Friday.

I don't know that we'll have a ghost of a chance against Ole Miss at Swayze field.

Outsiders don't normally do well there but our youngbloods have been good on the road so far this year.

Mid week games are so tough especially with the conference season looming. Lack of pitching depth on this team says it will be a high scoring game. I just hope we score at least one more than they do.

I don't know that we'll have a ghost of a chance against Ole Miss at Swayze field.

Actually SLU won the game last year at Swayze Field. Ole Miss BTW has several St Louisans on the roster which I found interesting.

Also, I been to a game at Swayze, its a beautiful stadium and a fun time. Recommend catching a game if you in the Oxford area in the springtime.

This post made me smile, I'm actually a student at Ole Miss and root for the Billikens like crazy in basketball and other sports. However, most of the baseball games I have attended at Swayze field turn out to be blowouts so I'm actually hoping the bills play really well and people are like Woah!, who are these guys?? and I can start being like STL Baby!

Outsiders don't normally do well there but our youngbloods have been good on the road so far this year.

I'm rooting for a close game with ya'll ;)

Actually SLU won the game last year at Swayze Field. Ole Miss BTW has several St Louisans on the roster which I found interesting.

Also, I been to a game at Swayze, its a beautiful stadium and a fun time. Recommend catching a game if you in the Oxford area in the springtime.

Indeed everyone should, Mr. Tarheelbilliken let me know the next game you come up too. I'll make sure you have a good time :) even if your not rooting for Ole Miss in this game. By the way whoever wins this game I'm happy. Now i'm off to the game in my shorts, :) Love southern weather.

Indeed everyone should, Mr. Tarheelbilliken let me know the next game you come up too. I'll make sure you have a good time :) even if your not rooting for Ole Miss in this game. By the way whoever wins this game I'm happy. Now i'm off to the game in my shorts, :) Love southern weather.

Disappointed I didn't make it to the game.

Last night I could caught Ole Miss double OT NIT win over Texas Tech and today the Ole Miss-SLU baseball game ;)