2010 NIT Selection Show

sluhomer

I hear ya and you're right, you rarely engage them.

Cheesy is a pretty fair guy, but is pretty thinned skin when it comes to missouri. I'm not sure why he expects posters on a SLU message board to be more delicate towards Missouri. Also, sometimes, it's like he comes here hoping to defend missouri to SLU posters in order to point out some perceived superiority of missouri over slu.

This Mike guy is just a moron. I'm guessing a 2nd cousin to basketballcountry. Mike's probably considered the "bright" one in the family. How sad is that?

I just think people on this board engage in a little too much hyperbole when it comes to this topic, and then run around in circles trying to figure out ways to attack a team they don't even compete with in anything.

Agreed on the mike guy.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya and you're right, you rarely engage them.

Cheesy is a pretty fair guy, but is pretty thinned skin when it comes to missouri. I'm not sure why he expects posters on a SLU message board to be more delicate towards Missouri. Also, sometimes, it's like he comes here hoping to defend missouri to SLU posters in order to point out some perceived superiority of missouri over slu.

This Mike guy is just a moron. I'm guessing a 2nd cousin to basketballcountry. Mike's probably considered the "bright" one in the family. How sad is that?

That is what made me mad.

Just last week I said Cheesy was cool is my book.

However, the fact that he came into this thread and acted like it was some accomplishment for Mizzou to be better athletically than SLU pissed me off.

That is what made me mad.

Just last week I said Cheesy was cool is my book.

However, the fact that he came into this thread and acted like it was some accomplishment for Mizzou to be better athletically than SLU pissed me off.

It's not about superiority it's about Billikens fans throwing rocks at my alma mater because they can't handle some idiot (mike) coming on their board and mouthing off.

I know SLU got hosed, and I think it's garbage just as much as anyone here does. But to take the bitterness from that and try to pretend that Mizzou has anything to do with it made me frustrated and feeling like I wanted to respond.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Really?

I honestly don't see how someone can say Mizzou is "above average" athletically.

Granted, last year was a phenomenal year for Mizzou, however there is really NO history.

I just did a quick search of Public Universities and Mizzou really holds no water.

It's not about superiority it's about Billikens fans throwing rocks at my alma mater because they can't handle some idiot (mike) coming on their board and mouthing off.

I know SLU got hosed, and I think it's garbage just as much as anyone here does. But to take the bitterness from that and try to pretend that Mizzou has anything to do with it made me frustrated and feeling like I wanted to respond.

Do you think people are gonna act rationally on a SLU message board on a day that sucked for Billiken fans?

I don't think anyone has said Mizzou had anything to do with it. People were pissed off, Mike presented a target, and then you come to his defense by continuing to downplay SLU.

it is a sin to "jerk off". Thought someone who attends a Catholic University would know that.

yea, but ,uh, you go to Mizzou, MizzouMike...so, like I said, YOU go jerk off to some old Norm Stewart pics....

Really?

I honestly don't see how someone can say Mizzou is "above average" athletically.

Granted, last year was a phenomenal year for Mizzou, however there is really NO history.

I just did a quick search of Public Universities and Mizzou really holds no water.

There are only 14 big state schools (out of how many? like 75?) that have made the tourney more than Mizzou has, and around 20 schools that have played in more bowl games. Like I said- not elite, but above average.

Do you think people are gonna act rationally on a SLU message board on a day that sucked for Billiken fans?

I don't think anyone has said Mizzou had anything to do with it. People were pissed off, Mike presented a target, and then you come to his defense by continuing to downplay SLU.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to "downplay" SLU basketball.

No I said you guys should ignore him. He's baiting you and you took the bait.

yea, but ,uh, you go to Mizzou, MizzouMike...so, like I said, YOU go jerk off to some old Norm Stewart pics....

good thing you're getting that "jesuit education".

Pictures of males don't do it for me. Although I hear The Church has had some issues with that.

really? And you believe that because??????

Admission requirements to SLU are no more demanding than they are to Mizzou.

I wouldn't go down that road if I were you... This is not the place, and frankly, SLU doesn't need to brag about the quality of the student we attract.

Why isn't MIZZOU Mike banned?

This guy is just a troll, you old fogeys are just being trolled on the internet, don't respond to him.

Also NIT commitee sucks almost as bad as UNC does.

I wouldn't go down that road if I were you... This is not the place, and frankly, SLU doesn't need to brag about the quality of the student we attract.

I have no problem going down that road. Enlighten me! Why do you believe SLU has higher admission standards than Mizzou?

I have no problem going down that road. Enlighten me! Why do you believe SLU has higher admission standards than Mizzou?

The average ACT score of students coming into slu is a 27

Average gpa coming out of high school is a 3.67.

Admission requirements might be relatively the same, but let's be honest. Mizzou is a party school. SLU is a school of academics.