Two Questions ....

Taj79

#1) How come Jon Smith only got two minutes last night and what did he do to get buried so far down a short bench?, and

#2) What did McLean do to get that technical and fifth foul? We were watching on Fox Sports Ohio on the net, arguably not HD, bu twe could not figure it out. He fought for and corraled the rebound and scored. It looked lik ehe migh thave been fouled but he turned and headex up court. We could see his lips move bu the was not looking anywhere but at the floor. What kind of call was that?

#1) How come Jon Smith only got two minutes last night and what did he do to get buried so far down a short bench?, and

#2) What did McLean do to get that technical and fifth foul? We were watching on Fox Sports Ohio on the net, arguably not HD, bu twe could not figure it out. He fought for and corraled the rebound and scored. It looked lik ehe migh thave been fouled but he turned and headex up court. We could see his lips move bu the was not looking anywhere but at the floor. What kind of call was that?

When McLean got his third foul, he was REALLY in the refs face. Would not come off court, teammates had to shove him toward the bench, and was warned by ref I think. SO he must have muttered something under his breath after he scored and got his technical... ref was waiting for him, pulled the trigger.

I would have liked to see Smith in there a lot more to harass them on D, since they were allowing contact, let Smith get all over some of X's key players.

The FSN-Ohio replay did not do it any justice, I'm sure. They didn't pick up the slow-mo replay until McLean had turned around and was running back down the floor. And then you had the announcers going, "I don't see ANYTHING".

The problem was that the ref called it a few seconds after the fact- by then he probably should have just let it go because it looked like a T for nothing.

The FSN-Ohio replay did not do it any justice, I'm sure. They didn't pick up the slow-mo replay until McLean had turned around and was running back down the floor. And then you had the announcers going, "I don't see ANYTHING".

The problem was that the ref called it a few seconds after the fact- by then he probably should have just let it go because it looked like a T for nothing.

For a moment I thought he slapped the ball out of bounds after his basket, but guess not. The announcers didn't probe it.

As for Smith I just dont think Xavier is a good match-up for him.

Their bigs are to big for him to guard and their smaller guys are to quick.

I really dont see a lot of guys on the Xaiver roster that Smith would of been able to match up with.

I think he will be a nice contributer to the SLU program but at this stage in his career Majerus is looking to put him in winnable match-ups and I just dont think they were there last night

In the 2 minutes Smith played he he was bodied up by Love and scored upon and then Crawford ran around him and Reed to score. He couldn't handle guarding the players he needed to guard and I imagine he is rusty at best from the lack of playing time he has received over the last couple weeks.

I really dont see a lot of guys on the Xaiver roster that Smith would of been able to match up with.

I think he will be a nice contributer to the SLU program but at this stage in his career Majerus is looking to put him in winnable match-ups and I just dont think they were there last night

As to Smith's reduced time lately, would think RM feels he's going to get pushed around. Would have thought he'd play more against URI but CR seemed to get those minutes. Jon Smif has some serious buliking up to do this summer.

As to Smith's reduced time lately, would think RM feels he's going to get pushed around. Would have thought he'd play more against URI but CR seemed to get those minutes. Jon Smif has some serious buliking up to do this summer.

SLU72-

Jon Smith has expressed a desire to participate in my offseason strenth sessions. He will be the size of Xavier's #31 by August

++

smith needs to either get bigger or develop some ball skills. but there was no one of the main xu players last night that he could actually guard imo. mclean and love to strong, the guards too fast with great handles.

at least ellis gives back offensively when he doesnt match up. but last night it was pretty obvious rickma saw the need to play three guards.

SLU72-

Jon Smith has expressed a desire to participate in my offseason strenth sessions. He will be the size of Xavier's #31 by August

After reading TT's game recap, guess I was wrong... Jon Smif didn't know what he was doing out there and the coaches got po'd. So in addition to strength sessions you might want to slip some film work in there as well.

Sure --- everyone has potential. But if the recruits are McCall, Evans and maybe Loe, those on the current roster have no choice. They must because this is who we are for the next three years.