Andy Katz: Weekly Watch

moytoy12

some nice well deserved attention....

Yeah, pop URI's bubble, but how about enhancing our own chances, Andy? Question for you RPI majors on here, since we are home to URI, Temple, and X, all with RPI's in the 30s, and if we beat them all what's about the biggest jump we can make. Someone said we're at 89 now, would wins against these guys move us into the 60s? Is it possible to make that kind of leap in RPI? And while I hate playing the only if game, but only if we had made those FT's against Charlotte and GWU... we might have found ourselves on the bubble.

Yeah, pop URI's bubble, but how about enhancing our own chances, Andy? Question for you RPI majors on here, since we are home to URI, Temple, and X, all with RPI's in the 30s, and if we beat them all what's about the biggest jump we can make. Someone said we're at 89 now, would wins against these guys move us into the 60s? Is it possible to make that kind of leap in RPI? And while I hate playing the only if game, but only if we had made those FT's against Charlotte and GWU... we might have found ourselves on the bubble.

The road wins against GW and especially Charlotte would have been huge and probably put us in the mid 70s. Of course, if Dayton and Duquesne made an additional free throw, we would be back in the 110s. It's funny how precarious this game is.

The road wins against GW and especially Charlotte would have been huge and probably put us in the mid 70s. Of course, if Dayton and Duquesne made an additional free throw, we would be back in the 110s. It's funny how precarious this game is.

Unfortunately, home wins don't do a heck of a lot for the RPI, even when they are quality wins. I think SLU has to run the table and go deep into the A-10 tournament to get any real consideration. I wish it weren't so but I think it is.

Unfortunately, home wins don't do a heck of a lot for the RPI, even when they are quality wins. I think SLU has to run the table and go deep into the A-10 tournament to get any real consideration. I wish it weren't so but I think it is.

I think you are generally correct, but our RPI seemed to make a pretty nice jump with the win over Dayton and upcoming URI, Temple, and X all have higher RPIs. But as much as I like to dream, the next several games are really going to be tough whether at home or on the road. Nevertheless, it sure is fun to feel like we are in the hunt for something - just not sure what...yet.

Am I mistaken, or did we seem to get a nicer jump than expected with the Dayton win? Kshoe, Kwiybo, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...?

I think you are generally correct, but our RPI seemed to make a pretty nice jump with the win over Dayton and upcoming URI, Temple, and X all have higher RPIs. But as much as I like to dream, the next several games are really going to be tough whether at home or on the road. Nevertheless, it sure is fun to feel like we are in the hunt for something - just not sure what...yet.

Am I mistaken, or did we seem to get a nicer jump than expected with the Dayton win? Kshoe, Kwiybo, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...?

RPIforecast.com is pretty good at predicting a team's rpi. If we win out, our rpi is in the mid-50s (maybe enough to get on the bubble. If we lose one or two games, we look fairly good for the nit. If we lose three, Id say NIT bubble with needing wins in the A-10 tournament. Four or more losses and it is a disappointing finish to the season.

RPIforecast.com is pretty good at predicting a team's rpi. If we win out, our rpi is in the mid-50s (maybe enough to get on the bubble. If we lose one or two games, we look fairly good for the nit. If we lose three, Id say NIT bubble with needing wins in the A-10 tournament. Four or more losses and it is a disappointing finish to the season.

Guys-

Backhand told you a couple games ago, that we were going to run the table and make the tourney. We are going to lose in the 2nd round of the tourney to New Mexico in a close game.

Guys-

Backhand told you a couple games ago, that we were going to run the table and make the tourney. We are going to lose in the 2nd round of the tourney to New Mexico in a close game.

Could be right...desn't the selection commitee look at what you did in your last 10 games plus the whole season? If we win out to the A10 tourney we would have been 10-0 in our last 10! ;)

Guys-

Is Luke Longley back???

Could be right...desn't the selection commitee look at what you did in your last 10 games plus the whole season? If we win out to the A10 tourney we would have been 10-0 in our last 10! ;)

Plus they consider other extenuating circumstances, alla injuries to key players, the Nazi Collegiate Athletic Association being a bunch of ***** munchers and not letting your best recruit in your school for half the year...etc. ;)

+1 (Its my first plus one)

also, in the joe lunardi chat today, he answered this question about SLU.

dan (st. louis)

What about St. Louis. With wins over Dayton and Richmond, and home games still left against Xavier, Temple, and Rhode Island, do they still have a chance to be considered?

Joe Lunardi

(3:55 PM)

A chance, yes. Is it going to happen, no.

At least we are being considered. This may be the first time in my college life that we are not considered a bad loss come bracket time! WINNN

also, in the joe lunardi chat today, he answered this question about SLU.

dan (st. louis)

What about St. Louis. With wins over Dayton and Richmond, and home games still left against Xavier, Temple, and Rhode Island, do they still have a chance to be considered?

Joe Lunardi

(3:55 PM)

A chance, yes. Is it going to happen, no.

At least we are being considered. This may be the first time in my college life that we are not considered a bad loss come bracket time! WINNN

Dayton went from 34 to 32 after the loss to us on the NCAA weekly RPI ;)