DAYTON CLOSE-OUT

Taj79

Thought we left out legs in Philly the way that first half played out. Even the ESPNU announcers (two of the saddest sacks I've ever heard --- Weekly and McCausland) said you could see no lift in Cody's legs in the first half. Dayton is physical as I;ve said before and we survived the onslaught. For all the "Willie to the NBA" talk, how come Willie's defense has managed to make first stiff O'Brien with St. Joe's and now Devin Searcy of Dayton look good? How come even sad sack announcers can notice Willie needs a blow a lot in our games? Long way to go there.

Second half, great push. Cassity, if he doesn't think about it, can be a nice option. Salecich is starting to show some swagger again. Make Dayton shoot and you beat Dayton. Of course, Kwamain's prayer at the end of regulation ---- anyone else thinking we don't even get a shot off in that instance? Thank gawd he did. Cassity's game is even huger if he finishes on those three drives late to the basket. And makes those free throws. Dayton is stupid ---- I don't know if it was Lowery as the point, or Gregory in drawing it up. Only Paul Johnson was an outside shot threat. Of course, Chris Wright is a man among boys and I say he's better then Willie and I don't see Wright in the NBA long either.

The Fetz was rocking and the student section, with the Urkel and Majerus heads and long balloons looked like I wished it did when we were there. ESPNU said over 9 thousand. We imposed our will in that second half. If Dayton ain't shooting layups, they can't shoot. Also, thank goodness we sent the 81% free throw shooter to the line. Dayton can't do that either. Headlines will read "Flyers Fail to Close It Out." They are likely to mop the floors with Cody's and Kyle's locks come March in Dayton but that's what home courts do.

A game out of first in the A10. Who'd thunk it? Get some rest and catch up before the next one. Don't come this way --- ANOTHER storm is supposed to hit us Monday night --- 12 more inches onto the 83 we already have this season.

To steal a slogan from a company here in Baltimore "Defend This House" and we will be fine.

Rhodey took a hit. Dayton takes a hit. I like being the seventh man in the A10's Big Six. Maybe they won't see us coming.

GREAT WIN! GOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOME DAYTON FLYERS!

Richard Chaifetz was courtside and on his feet for most of the game

I think he is happy with his investment

the announcers do alot of big ten games

Thought we left out legs in Philly the way that first half played out. Even the ESPNU announcers (two of the saddest sacks I've ever heard --- Weekly and McCausland) said you could see no lift in Cody's legs in the first half. Dayton is physical as I;ve said before and we survived the onslaught. For all the "Willie to the NBA" talk, how come Willie's defense has managed to make first stiff O'Brien with St. Joe's and now Devin Searcy of Dayton look good? How come even sad sack announcers can notice Willie needs a blow a lot in our games? Long way to go there.

Second half, great push. Cassity, if he doesn't think about it, can be a nice option. Salecich is starting to show some swagger again. Make Dayton shoot and you beat Dayton. Of course, Kwamain's prayer at the end of regulation ---- anyone else thinking we don't even get a shot off in that instance? Thank gawd he did. Cassity's game is even huger if he finishes on those three drives late to the basket. And makes those free throws. Dayton is stupid ---- I don't know if it was Lowery as the point, or Gregory in drawing it up. Only Paul Johnson was an outside shot threat. Of course, Chris Wright is a man among boys and I say he's better then Willie and I don't see Wright in the NBA long either.

The Fetz was rocking and the student section, with the Urkel and Majerus heads and long balloons looked like I wished it did when we were there. ESPNU said over 9 thousand. We imposed our will in that second half. If Dayton ain't shooting layups, they can't shoot. Also, thank goodness we sent the 81% free throw shooter to the line. Dayton can't do that either. Headlines will read "Flyers Fail to Close It Out." They are likely to mop the floors with Cody's and Kyle's locks come March in Dayton but that's what home courts do.

A game out of first in the A10. Who'd thunk it? Get some rest and catch up before the next one. Don't come this way --- ANOTHER storm is supposed to hit us Monday night --- 12 more inches onto the 83 we already have this season.

To steal a slogan from a company here in Baltimore "Defend This House" and we will be fine.

Rhodey took a hit. Dayton takes a hit. I like being the seventh man in the A10's Big Six. Maybe they won't see us coming.

MAGNIFICENT WIN!!!

We are in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and just learned the score.

To paraphrase the good folks down here: Who dat there gonna beat dem Bills? Who dat? Who dat?

Not Dayton in The Lou on Mardi Gras. No way.

Good job, SLU. We're proud of you. And we'll be spreading the good news on Bourbon Steet tonight!!!

Fantastic game. Best I've ever been to. Better than last year's. Team got down big early, but Rick the Magician worked his Halftime-Wonder again and presto. There's a new team on the court in the second half.

What was most impressive about tonight was not just the sheer volume of the deficit to overcome, but the way they overcame it. It wasn't just one 15-0 run. Dayton would fight on offense and get buckets, but the Bills JUST KEPT BRINGING THE HEAT. :D

Students BROUGHT IT today. Constant screaming, baloon waving in the second half; executing the jump during UD FT's; and cheering the same GOT-DAMN CHEER over and over again for A HALF AND TWO OVERTIMES (Thanks 05, for not letting us start anything different :P ). EVERYBODY was wasted, which helps. Girl behind me never shut the hell up yelling at the UD bench. It was awesome. I was a little on the dehydrated side before the game after running a race this morning, and by the break between the OT and 2OT I had to sit because I was pretty close to passing out. But alas, we CANNOT stop. The Cardiac Billikids needed every bit of it, and boy was the effort worth it. Runnin'Billiken is going to eat dinner, ice his legs, go to sleep, and see if they still work tomorrow. Should make for an interesting long run.

TO ALL CURRENT STUDENTS WHO READ THIS BOARD: Your efforts tonight showed exactly what this team can do with your unrelenting support. The Bills face stiff competition and home the rest of the way, so show up, bring your friends, bring your friends' friends, and let's keep this W train rollin'.

If Kwamain's end of regulation 3 is not on TOP10 tomorrow morning, I am boycotting SportsCenter for a week. B)

+1. Indeed.

As we were walking out, some imaginative dude was yelling "Down goes Dayton!" at the bus the sweater vesters were going to take their long drive home on. Good job, everybody! Section 204 was representing with some serious noise, and if I do say so myself I was magnificent. I left my voice at the game. And by the way, great job band playing through the fatigue. You don't realize how hard a double ot game is until you have to play through all the time outs. A great job by everyone from Rick and the players on down.

as i said in another thread, imo, the best student game in my history of watching the billikens (30+ years). the students were fantastic.

the band had an awesome night as well. i thought they were louder and better than any night this year as well.

the big heads were sweet. the balloon action was non-stop. my arms hurt watching those things bob all night lond.

i loved the blue glow sticks or whatever they were by the students during intros. a nice touch would have been to have had 9,500 of those handed out.

nice touch by the students sticking around everyone of them to sing sweet caroline. here's a suggestion, rewrite the lyrics to say, "sweet billikens" etc.

chaifetz runs across the floor after the game to congrats the team and rickma. gotta like that when our biggest booster is that over the top into the game.

too bad to the flyers. NNOOOTTTTTT!!! GOD I LOVE BEATING GREGORY. THE LITTLE WIMP.

Two teams enter. One team leaves.

What a ######ing game. Thanks to Joe_davola and the guys not only for the tickets but for the courtside presence. Did anyone catch the KC on the foul at the start of OT2? Beautiful defense gentlemen. ###### Dayton.