Brian Conklin @ globe-democrat.com

ThomasCrone

Last summer I sat near him at mass @ SFX and I wished him good luck in the upcoming season and he actually spent like five minutes talking about the team with me after mass ended. I mean, he totally could have just said "thanks" and moved on, but he knew I was a fan so he took the time. You hardly see kids like that anymore.

Mr. and Mrs. Conklin - you raised a good one!

Guest BillikenReport

Last summer I sat near him at mass @ SFX and I wished him good luck in the upcoming season and he actually spent like five minutes talking about the team with me after mass ended. I mean, he totally could have just said "thanks" and moved on, but he knew I was a fan so he took the time. You hardly see kids like that anymore.

Mr. and Mrs. Conklin - you raised a good one!

Brian is a great representative as a student-athlete at Saint Louis U.

Guest BillikenReport

Completely agree. He embodies and embraces his role. I like his mental toughness.

And I still believe that his injuries have severely limited his effectiveness this season, even though Conklin denies it.

I think he's a tough kid who doesn't want to come off as making excuses.

I barely see contact.

That's because he barely tagged him on the jaw to get maximum lateral neck snap. You don't enforce like Conklin without knowing the extremely positive (actually exponential) correlation between JawWag and ShoulderSag. If he hits him in the ear, dude just gets his bell rung a bit. Setting dude's brain oscillating like a fat girl in the back of a pickup truck at Parks Bluff can only be achieved by imparting maximum torque on dude's mandible against the plane of said dude's neck. Simple physics, which The Enforcer®, as an excellent student, would be well-acquainted with.

"Give me a place to stand, and I shall move the earth." -Archimedes

I've attached a graphic to demonstrate Conklin's Peoples' Elbow Killing Power or PEKPOW.

Posted Image

As you can see, at around 82 ft/lbs of torque, Conklin kills the guy. I'm guessing he probably put about 75 or so on his chin. Dude was obviously reaching up out of his K-hole, so his shoulder sag, uninhibited by the basketball court would have been approaching 8 or 9 feet.

But I'm no scientist.