LaSalle vs #1 Kansas on ESPN

RUBillsFan

obviously this would be a great win for the A-10.

No, it would be a miracle win for the A-10! ;)

Yeah, I didn't have much hope that LaSalle could win, but they looked pretty good early in the game. KU has basically taken over now. 78-58 Kansas with a couple minutes left.

Yeah, I didn't have much hope that LaSalle could win, but they looked pretty good early in the game. KU has basically taken over now. 78-58 Kansas with a couple minutes left.

This is same tournament that UMass

upset KS last year. Would be great

if we would get a chance in two years

This game is always an A-10 vs Big 12

contest no mention of any MVC teams

I guess they are on a bus somewhere

This is same tournament that UMass

upset KS last year. Would be great

if we would get a chance in two years

This game is always an A-10 vs Big 12

contest no mention of any MVC teams

I guess they are on a bus somewhere

Not really a tournament. It's just an annual game in Kansas City. Used to be at Kemper but now it's at the Sprint Center.

I was hoping that LaSalle would challenge Kansas a bit more. Kansas this year has only had a couple game under 30 point margin. Couldn't see LaSalle winning this one, but then again I didn't think UMass would pull off the upset last year either. Most teams will struggle with KU's depth this year. I don't think has LaSalle has anything to hang their heads about.

Not really a tournament. It's just an annual game in Kansas City. Used to be at Kemper but now it's at the Sprint Center.

I was hoping that LaSalle would challenge Kansas a bit more. Kansas this year has only had a couple game under 30 point margin. Couldn't see LaSalle winning this one, but then again I didn't think UMass would pull off the upset last year either. Most teams will struggle with KU's depth this year. I don't think has LaSalle has anything to hang their heads about.

LaSalle have a couple of good players but just over whelmed by the best team in the country.

Kentucky is very good and very young. I'd expect them to get better as the year goes on.

Look at their 10 wins: 4 blow outs, 2 solid/comfortable wins, and 4 close games

11/13 MORE W 75-59 ---- won by 16 against a horrible team

11/16 M-OH W 72-70 ---- won a 2-point game against a good, but not close to equally talented mid-major

11/19 SHSU W 102-92 ---- won by 10 against a decent team in the Southland conference

11/21 RID W 92-63 ---- blow out

11/24 vs. CLEV W 73-49 ---- blow out

11/25 vs. STAN W 73-65 OT ---- overtime victory against a subpar Pac10 squad

11/30 UNCA W 94-57 ---- blow out

12/05 UNC W 68-66 ---- 2 point victory against a very good team

12/09 vs. CONN W 64-61 ---- 3 point victory against a very good team

12/12 @ IND W 90-73 ---- 2nd half blowout against a bottom of the Big 10 squad, granted in a tough environment

Syracuse's 9 wins: 6 blow outs, 3 solid/comfortable wins (2 against top quality teams)

11/09 ALBY W 75-43 ---- blow out

11/11 RMU W 100-60 ---- blow out

11/19 vs. CAL W 95-73 ---- blow out of a bad Pac 10 team

11/20 @ UNC W 87-71 ---- won by 16 against a very good team (who UK beat by 2)

11/24 COR W 88-73 ---- won by 15 against a tough Cornell team

11/27 CLMB W 85-60 ---- blow out

11/30 COLG W 92-58 ---- blow out

12/05 ME W 101-55 ---- blow out

12/10 vs. FLA W 85-73 ---- won by 12 against another unbeated, top 10-15 team

SU's closest game was against Florida, who is currently ranked 10/11. They won by 12 and didn't even play that well. UK has 4 games they've barely eeked out, two of which weren't against comparable teams. UK has found themselves matched by a couple of teams already this year, but been able to get away. Syracuse hasn't really found a team that has really, truly pushed them to the brink. Plus, SU has one of the top 5 defenses in the nation. Kentucky isn't in the top 50. I think Boehim could keep Wall from taking the game over.

I just think UK would have to improve quite dramatically to hang with Syracuse.

I don't know if I agree with that even right now. Come March nobody will be beating Kentucky.

What about Kentucky have you seen for you to write that last statement? Come March there may be a four or five teams talented enough to beat Kentucky.

I don't know if I agree with that even right now. Come March nobody will be beating Kentucky.

No doubt UK has talent. But they have youth too. Just like our team there will be games where they look like freshmen. I just have a nagging feeling that down the line UK (aka NCAA tourney) will play an experienced team that plays solid defense and they won't be able to pull it out.

while calipari is able to buy the best available talent every year, he still remains a horrible floor coach. sure he will win a lot simply because he has nba players galore on his roster, but in the end, the teams better coached with good talent will always beat him as he cant cheat on the court.

look at this trivia expert over here!

No doubt UK has talent. But they have youth too. Just like our team there will be games where they look like freshmen. I just have a nagging feeling that down the line UK (aka NCAA tourney) will play an experienced team that plays solid defense and they won't be able to pull it out.

Take a look at UNC, my friend. Their youth handled a very experienced Michigan State squad with returning Big Ten POY Kalin Lucas. UNC and UK are the two most athletic teams in the country, with Kansas and probably Texas rounding out the top 4. Didn't see much from Nova against the Fighting Martelli's to put them in that same group of athletes, but put Nova and Duke on the same floor and you'll probably get a game in the 90s. Both teams can shoot the lights out. Regardless of youth, UK and UNC will advance to the Final Four in 2010.

Take a look at UNC, my friend. Their youth handled a very experienced Michigan State squad with returning Big Ten POY Kalin Lucas. UNC and UK are the two most athletic teams in the country, with Kansas and probably Texas rounding out the top 4. Didn't see much from Nova against the Fighting Martelli's to put them in that same group of athletes, but put Nova and Duke on the same floor and you'll probably get a game in the 90s. Both teams can shoot the lights out. Regardless of youth, UK and UNC will advance to the Final Four in 2010.

And that same UNC team the very next game got handled for a half a game against a similar UK team. They're both young teams and will have games like that this season. Not a matter of if but when.

while calipari is able to buy the best available talent every year, he still remains a horrible floor coach. sure he will win a lot simply because he has nba players galore on his roster, but in the end, the teams better coached with good talent will always beat him as he cant cheat on the court.

This is true. I read an article a few weeks ago about how the biggest myth in college basketball is that Cal produces NBA point guards. Those kids would be drafted lottery regardless, he just gets to 'showcase' them (that's what he tells them) in the dribble drive motion offense, which is essentially glorified street ball.

This is true. I read an article a few weeks ago about how the biggest myth in college basketball is that Cal produces NBA point guards. Those kids would be drafted lottery regardless, he just gets to 'showcase' them (that's what he tells them) in the dribble drive motion offense, which is essentially glorified street ball.

That was an article published during the height of the Todd Bozeman era, I'm sure.