Austrralia 5-0

Aussies win a close one.

Ellis had 14 and CS had 5. CS had a team high 3 fouls. Can't wait to see the level of competion for starters for this years team.

Bills could go small with Mitchell, Jordan, John, Cassity, Conklin. They could go big with Reid, Salecich,Remekun, Reed, Ellis and Smith off the Bench.

Who ever thought the Bills could have such height. Big - 6-4, 6-5, 6-8, 6-8, 6-9, and sub 6-7! I am gettin goose bumps just thinking about the fun RM is going to have this year.

Aussies win a close one.

Ellis had 14 and CS had 5. CS had a team high 3 fouls. Can't wait to see the level of competion for starters for this years team.

Bills could go small with Mitchell, Jordan, John, Cassity, Conklin. They could go big with Reid, Salecich,Remekun, Reed, Ellis and Smith off the Bench.

Who ever thought the Bills could have such height. Big - 6-4, 6-5, 6-8, 6-8, 6-9, and sub 6-7! I am gettin goose bumps just thinking about the fun RM is going to have this year.

Game report:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/25...d-at-under-19s/

The U.S. team in on the other side of the bracket so the only way they will play them in in the Championship game or one of the consolation brackets.

No matter what happens from here, its been great to see CE have a really good tourney and CS contribute meaningful minutes for one of the best U-19 teams in the world. Its hard not to be very excited about these guys.

The U.S. team in on the other side of the bracket so the only way they will play them in in the Championship game or one of the consolation brackets.

No matter what happens from here, its been great to see CE have a really good tourney and CS contribute meaningful minutes for one of the best U-19 teams in the world. Its hard not to be very excited about these guys.

Two observations: Recall how much improved IV was after his summer of FIBA ball. CE and CS should come in way ahead of our other frosh for this experience. Also, the fact that CE stressed two items that will make RM tingle all over; defense and rebounding.

Second, anyone recognizing any names on the US team? It sure isn't like they picked the top 12 from Rivals 5 star recruit list is it? No Cousins, Wall, Bledsoe etc.

Off the topic a little, I read a SI article on scholies and how schools play with them to the disadvantage of the athlete. Particularly how Calapari is playing it at UK. Even with Meeks departure, UK is still two over the limit. No names were mentioned but would imagine by Sept 1 we'll know if JH has a future at UK.

Second, anyone recognizing any names on the US team? It sure isn't like they picked the top 12 from Rivals 5 star recruit list is it? No Cousins, Wall, Bledsoe etc.

Its a team comprised of all freshmen, soon to be sophomores in college. There are some very good players in there:

Seth Curry (soon to be at Duke)

Howard Thompkins (average 12.6 pts and 7.4 rebounds at Georgia last year)

Ashton Gibbs (4.3 ppg at Pitt)

Gordon Hayward (13.1 ppg and 6.5 rebounds at Butler)

Tyshawn Taylor (9.7 ppg at Kansas)

the list goes on...

The fact Ellis is putting up similar numbers in this tournament as these guys says a lot

Guest BillikenReport

No names were mentioned but would imagine by Sept 1 we'll know if JH has a future at UK.

Again, JH is staying at UK.

JH has said this on several occasions now.

If a team pulls a player's scholarship for any reason other than malfeasance by the player, does the player still have to sit out a year if he transfers?

i suppose the ncaa can make exceptions to anything, but as the rules appear, transferring for any reason within d-1 will require sitting for at least a year and maybe more if it is also written with more stringent conference rules (for example, a big ten player transfers within the big ten, has to sit two years).

i suppose the ncaa can make exceptions to anything, but as the rules appear, transferring for any reason within d-1 will require sitting for at least a year and maybe more if it is also written with more stringent conference rules (for example, a big ten player transfers within the big ten, has to sit two years).

Actually, I think the player sits only one year but loses a year of eligibility. I'm not 100% certain, though.

Really? I didn't hear about that. So, he's transferring to Duke this year and playing in 2010?

Ah, now I get it. I hope the Aussies meet up with them. It would be interesting to see how are incoming frosh do against top NCAA talent.