Anderson offered UGA job

Bishop

$2mm per vs. the $1.3mm that Mizzou will offer. That is a pretty big difference and will be tough to turn down.

Looking more like 1.5 plus incentives on mizzou's end. Be interesting to know if UGA's offer is 2+incentives or not, because at 1.5 CMA is looking at around 2 million anyway. if GA has incentives though, that 2 million turns into 2.5-2.7 real quick. I'm hopeful, but I understand it's a business.

Looking more like 1.5 plus incentives on mizzou's end. Be interesting to know if UGA's offer is 2+incentives or not, because at 1.5 CMA is looking at around 2 million anyway. if GA has incentives though, that 2 million turns into 2.5-2.7 real quick. I'm hopeful, but I understand it's a business.

-cheesy - do you think he stays or goes?

If the difference is 500K or more per year then he will go - who would not and who would not understand? These salaries are crazy - Calipari is being offered over 4 million a year! Listening to Frank C. show I got a real kick out of the MU fans calling in saying that if MU can get the money within 250K then he will stay - who would pass up 250K more - over the length of a 6 year contract that will be 1.5 million. These fans are also saying that Anderson is a real character guy and he would never turn his back on his players - his son graduates this year as does his nephew - Carroll. Where were these fans last year when Anderson had so many problems with his seniors getting in trouble - they were all calling him a guy with no backbone for letting those kids stay on the team and not living up to his zero tolerance pledge. It is amazing how fans sway in the wind if a person wins games.

If the difference is 500K or more per year then he will go - who would not and who would not understand? These salaries are crazy - Calipari is being offered over 4 million a year! Listening to Frank C. show I got a real kick out of the MU fans calling in saying that if MU can get the money within 250K then he will stay - who would pass up 250K more - over the length of a 6 year contract that will be 1.5 million. These fans are also saying that Anderson is a real character guy and he would never turn his back on his players - his son graduates this year as does his nephew - Carroll. Where were these fans last year when Anderson had so many problems with his seniors getting in trouble - they were all calling him a guy with no backbone for letting those kids stay on the team and not living up to his zero tolerance pledge. It is amazing how fans sway in the wind if a person wins games.

I didn't hear the callers but I agree that if MU can get it within $250k he'll stay. All $$s are not created equal and if you have more job security, better fan support, don't have to rebuild, etc. it could be well worth a "home-town discount" to stay where you are comfortable.

Guest BillikenReport

And if Cal leaves Memphis and then Memphis goes after Anderson — which they should after watching Anderson's Tigers knock off Memphis last week — you'll have a bidding war between Memphis and Georgia that Missouri can't compete with.

Guest BillikenReport

I didn't hear the callers but I agree that if MU can get it within $250k he'll stay. All $$s are not created equal and if you have more job security, better fan support, don't have to rebuild, etc. it could be well worth a "home-town discount" to stay where you are comfortable.

But there could be a comfort factor involved at Georgia as well, because it's closer to where he is from and where he really recruits.

I've been thinking that it will come down to whether he wants to continue with what he's already built or start over somewhere new, but now I think the money will start to become a bigger factor in the decision-making process because it could turn out that he gets an offer he can't refuse from Georgia or Memphis.

And if Cal leaves Memphis and then Memphis goes after Anderson — which they should after watching Anderson's Tigers knock off Memphis last week — you'll have a bidding war between Memphis and Georgia that Missouri can't compete with.

This has reached the point where Anderson is being offered more than Calhoun or Izzo if the numbers are correct. At what point do you have to say "Good Luck"? Missouri is already paying the football coach $2.3MM.

This has reached the point where Anderson is being offered more than Calhoun or Izzo if the numbers are correct. At what point do you have to say "Good Luck"? Missouri is already paying the football coach $2.3MM.

Maybe the "reporter" that heckled Calhoun about his salary could show up and Andersen's press conference no matter where he ends up. :o

Maybe the "reporter" that heckled Calhoun about his salary could show up and Andersen's press conference no matter where he ends up. :o

UGA interested in Anderson, no offer extended

Agent for Missouri coach denies report that client has been offered Georgia job

By CHIP TOWERS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Athens - Georgia is definitely interested in Missouri coach Mike Anderson, but he has not been offered the job, his agent told the AJC Tuesday.

ESPN.com, citing unnamed sources, reported that Anderson was offered more than $2 million to take the job. Anderson’s agent, Jimmy Sexton said that is “absolutely inaccurate.

RELATED UGA LINKS

• Standings • Stats

“Georgia hasn’t offered him the job,” Sexton said. “I wish they had. They haven’t said the job is his.”

Sexton said he is also in talks with Missouri about Anderson remaining at the school. He said his client could choose to stay at Missouri, where he has two years remaining on a contract that pays him $850,000 a year.

“All of these opportunities have their pluses and minuses,” Sexton said. “He’s got it turned around at Missouri. He’s got great players there now. Memphis is a great situation and Mike has connections there. Georgia appears to want to make a commitment to basketball and Damon probably has the most to offer. But Georgia hasn’t won consistently over the years and you wonder what the reason is for that.

“He’s in a sorting out process right now.”

You must believe in the tooth fairy - if you were making 100K and somebody offered you 130K you would not leave - I would rather doubt you would pass up that kind of a raise - just trying to put it into a perspective that is more real then then the numbers being thrown around - the 1/3 increase is about what Anderson would be looking at.

You must believe in the tooth fairy - if you were making 100K and somebody offered you 130K you would not leave - I would rather doubt you would pass up that kind of a raise - just trying to put it into a perspective that is more real then then the numbers being thrown around - the 1/3 increase is about what Anderson would be looking at.

Well, I've been with the same company since I started out of college 10 years ago and can honestly say that if someone came in and offered me a 20% to 30% raise but I had to move to a different city, deal with the uncertainty of new co-workers and reproving myself I'd turn it down. Its not all that different then MA having to prove himself to a new fan-base, facing ridiculous expectations, turning his back on his current players/co-workers, and of course starting over in recruiting and bringing in talent.

Well, I've been with the same company since I started out of college 10 years ago and can honestly say that if someone came in and offered me a 20% to 30% raise but I had to move to a different city, deal with the uncertainty of new co-workers and reproving myself I'd turn it down. Its not all that different then MA having to prove himself to a new fan-base, facing ridiculous expectations, turning his back on his current players/co-workers, and of course starting over in recruiting and bringing in talent.

Agreed. Money is important but it's not the end all. I think Kshoe hit the nail on the head here.

UGA interested in Anderson, no offer extended

Agent for Missouri coach denies report that client has been offered Georgia job

By CHIP TOWERS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Athens - Georgia is definitely interested in Missouri coach Mike Anderson, but he has not been offered the job, his agent told the AJC Tuesday.

ESPN.com, citing unnamed sources, reported that Anderson was offered more than $2 million to take the job. Anderson’s agent, Jimmy Sexton said that is “absolutely inaccurate.

RELATED UGA LINKS

• Standings • Stats

“Georgia hasn’t offered him the job,” Sexton said. “I wish they had. They haven’t said the job is his.”

Sexton said he is also in talks with Missouri about Anderson remaining at the school. He said his client could choose to stay at Missouri, where he has two years remaining on a contract that pays him $850,000 a year.

“All of these opportunities have their pluses and minuses,” Sexton said. “He’s got it turned around at Missouri. He’s got great players there now. Memphis is a great situation and Mike has connections there. Georgia appears to want to make a commitment to basketball and Damon probably has the most to offer. But Georgia hasn’t won consistently over the years and you wonder what the reason is for that.

“He’s in a sorting out process right now.”

Don't believe everything you read or something like that. :o

What's that have to do with anything? You're the one lecturing people and I joked by using a little of your own medicine.

Do you not see the differences between these two situations? Seriously? How long have we heard RM could schedule all these great games because of his contacts? Its been years and we haven't seen one yet. In the case of Anderson, ESPN was reporting that Georgia had offered and I produced a story that quoted his actual agent refuting that.

Dont worry Anderson isnt going anywhere

I say if Cal leaves for UK then a Red Sox - Yankees bidding war takes place for Anderson and he leaves.

After that run to the Elite 8 in 3 years these schools will over pay.

Do you not see the differences between these two situations? Seriously? How long have we heard RM could schedule all these great games because of his contacts? Its been years and we haven't seen one yet. In the case of Anderson, ESPN was reporting that Georgia had offered and I produced a story that quoted his actual agent refuting that.

and we are saying dont believe everything you read especially when it is coming from an agent.

I'm giving you a little grief about the whole "don't believe what you read line". The subject is irrelevant.

Christ almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playing cards with my brother's kids.