If anyone is interested in the NIT

BLIKNS

Don`t know if anyone stayed up to watch the St.Mary`s game vs. Davidson,it came on around 11:45 Eastern time, taped it.

What a game, Patty Mills vs. Curry,both played well.St. Mary`s won and will now go to San Diego State in the quarterfinals.Kentucky advanced also with a win @ Creighton.

This is a pretty strong NIT field.Seems it gets tougher and tougher.

Don`t know if anyone stayed up to watch the St.Mary`s game vs. Davidson,it came on around 11:45 Eastern time, taped it.

What a game, Patty Mills vs. Curry,both played well.St. Mary`s won and will now go to San Diego State in the quarterfinals.Kentucky advanced also with a win @ Creighton.

Good win for St. Mary's, 80-68 over Davidson- Gaels were lead story on Bay Area TV sports reports. Mills had 23 points; Curry had 26.

SF Chronicle columnist Ray Ratto mentioned the importance for St. Mary's of getting its name out there for even next pre-season, given the plight of the mid-majors. A trip to NYC would be a nice consolation prize for SMC after what happened to the Gaels on Selection Sunday.

SMC plays at San Diego State on Wed. night, with the winner heading for New York City's Madison Square Garden for the NIT Final 4. Also Kentucky plays at Notre Dame on Wed. night.

The 2 NIT games tonight are Baylor at Auburn and Penn State at Florida.

SMC beat San Diego State 67-64 on Dec. 13 at the neutral site of Anaheim. So Wed. night's game will be a tough game, especially on the road for SMC.

This is a strong NIT field.

I want the Gaels to succeed,but afraid the more success they have, the more pressure there will be on Patty Mills to leave and enter the draft.

I want the Gaels to succeed,but afraid the more success they have, the more pressure there will be on Patty Mills to leave and enter the draft.

Conventional wisdom is that Patty Mills will be leaving SMC and heading to the NBA after this season. It seems like a forgone conclusion out here.

Nothing has been announced yet re this. But the media have been talking about it.

Mills had a great assist/turnover ratio at 10:1. However, his 3 point shooting was the reverse, 1 for 10. Ouch. Curry shot about the same with no free throws taken. Curry had 5 assists and 6 tournovers. Ouch again. How tall is Mills? He doesn't look big enough. We''ll see.

Conventional wisdom is that Patty Mills will be leaving SMC and heading to the NBA after this season. It seems like a forgone conclusion out here.

Nothing has been announced yet re this. But the media have been talking about it.

I really hope Mills stays one more year. I think it could really benefit him, plus the team will be even better next year.

I really hope Mills stays one more year. I think it could really benefit him, plus the team will be even better next year.

I hope Mills stays too, but I doubt he will. There was NBA talk before his injury, and the NBA players in the Olympics praised his play last summer.

Mills was interviewed courtside by the local Comcast announcers, Greg Papa (Oakland Raiders radio and former Golden State Warriors announcer) and Dan Belluomini (former USF Coach during the glory days) after the Eastern Washington game, and they were all but saying their good byes to Mills. Mills was noncommital, but he didn't dissuade the conventional wisdom that he is headed for the NBA.

Golden State Warriors GM Chris Mullen was at the game in Moraga last night watching both Stephen Curry and Patty Mills. The game had a lot of hype out here for an NIT game.

I am cheering for my Irish and against Mike Brey until he decides to install an offensive set and practice rebounding/defensive positioning... They might be the worst defensive team I have seen in a long long time.

Notre dame will do just fine. It is up to the players to play defense. The offense is fine, they just can not make their shots. If they were making their shots you would not be complaining

But you much prefer to read posts from Metz' multiple posting names and other things far more detrimental to the board?

I don't think Iggy was bashing St. Mary's too hard. It was just a general statement about the wandering nature of the conversation in Billikens.com land now that our season is over and other teams are still playing. You also have to admit that reading Metz flame out time after time is sort of like ogling an accident scene; you probably feel guilty about but you did it anyway.

I`ll bite. Okay yes

I do bring up St. Mary`s conversation,because Randy Bennett was an assistant here,so I feel there could be interest,same with Washington.Usually lead with (OT).