Brett Thompson

Scoop

Either way, you're still a joke.

Conklin is 6'6", Brett Thompson is 6'11" how is it Conklin passed him by when they won't play the same position? That's like saying Mitchell has passed Thompson by. One poster already said it best, only very few true centers come into D1 and play well their Freshman year. You are right when you said the game was too fast for him this year. That will change in the next couple of years. Please ignore Moytoy, he has a lot of passion and defends Billiken players to the point of stupidity. SLU needs more fans like him but he sure is a pain in the ass on this board.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please ignore Moytoy, he has a lot of passion and defends Billiken players to the point of stupidity. SLU needs more fans like him but he sure is a pain in the ass on this board.

No doubt. I made the crazy argument that TL and KL were actually "good" players (not great, not all-world, but good) contrary to your very astute observation that they were not "good" players.

No doubt. I made the crazy argument that TL and KL were actually "good" players (not great, not all-world, but good) contrary to your very astute observation that they were not "good" players.

I said that we should agree to disagree about the term "good." Your come back was that they were good by anyones standard. I could have come back with an elitist dick answer like they couldn't be walk on's on my college team. Moytoy I love your passion but all you do is attack. That's why people on this board should ignore you.

I said that we should agree to disagree about the term "good." Your come back was that they were good by anyones standard. I could have come back with an elitist dick answer like they couldn't be walk on's on my college team. Moytoy I love your passion but all you do is attack. That's why people on this board should ignore you.

What you said about TL and KL was just dumb and I called you out on it.

I agree. I'm a real pit bull. I think everyone should ignore me. I won't attack on Earth Day, will that make you happy? Nothing but peace and love on 4/20.

Well, that elitist dick answer would have been wrong.

The jayhawks are the awesomest.

yesterday when the vaulted hawks were destroying the dayton flyers, i too was thinking how wonderful it must be to be a jhawks fan. gosh that must be the best feeling in the world. right there with a mi$$ouri fan or a marquette fan. lfe must be great.

Who is "us"?

Sorry, University of Kansas. Thats why that would be an elitist dick response and in no way fair to two guys that worked hard for SLU. Also it would be unfair to the die hard SLU fans on this board that want this team to be a major player

The original post was stating that SLU has better players coming into the program and that the program is about as healthy as its been in a long time. The point wasn't to bash but to praise Majerus and the school for making the commitment to be better. In the next few years I expect SLU to take its rightfully place as the top basketball program in the state. I am a big Billiken fan and do not feel the need to knock down a rising program.

Sorry, University of Kansas. Thats why that would be an elitist dick response and in no way fair to two guys that worked hard for SLU. Also it would be unfair to the die hard SLU fans on this board that want this team to be a major player

The original post was stating that SLU has better players coming into the program and that the program is about as healthy as its been in a long time. The point wasn't to bash but to praise Majerus and the school for making the commitment to be better. In the next few years I expect SLU to take its rightfully place as the top basketball program in the state. I am a big Billiken fan and do not feel the need to knock down a rising program.

You're wrong about whether TL or KL could play for Kansas. They could, they wouldn't be stars but they could play. If not, how come a team like Kansas with walk-ons better than KL or TL doesn't go undefeated? How come Dayton whom SLU beat was only down 5 into the second half during a game in which they shot horribly. There is a difference between schools like KS and SLU, but it's not as great as your overinflated opinion of them would have it to be.

You're wrong about whether TL or KL could play for Kansas. They could, they wouldn't be stars but they could play. If not, how come a team like Kansas with walk-ons better than KL or TL doesn't go undefeated? How come Dayton whom SLU beat was only down 5 into the second half during a game in which they shot horribly. There is a difference between schools like KS and SLU, but it's not as great as your overinflated opinion of them would have it to be.

I like that you're passionate skip, but all you do is attack. I think everyone on the board should ignore you.

I like that you're passionate skip, but all you do is attack. I think everyone on the board should ignore you.

she blew it

Hmm, that makes the cheap shot at KL and TL all the more curious.

I had no issue with the rest of your post.

I'm not so sure any of our frosh or incoming recruits are or will ever reach TL's and KL's contributions to SLU hoops. KM's a strong possiblity but not one frosh had the impact of TL and KL their freshman year. What will distinguish our frosh and next year's incomings will be hopefully a lot of talented players that will compete hard for playing time and make everyone better because of it. What happened to TL and KL was lack of a supporting cast thanks to Unca Soderberger. Recall their best year was their Soph season, especially TL, a lot of the credit for that goes to IV drawing a lot of attention allowing them to roam free at the perimiter. Then they get caught in the supposed RM switch their JR year leading to the charges of "they ain't that good." I don't buy that as they would have struggled under a UB system because of the supporting cast he'd assembled. I'd like to see how a Ty Lawson and Ellington would function on a team loaded with walk ons. What do you think UNC's record would be in the ACC... 2-14 ? Save for the rare exceptionally good player, players needs good players around them. Yes, you might argue the Legend was an exception, but still he played alongside was one of our best incoming freshman classes ever plus a few other decent returnees. Even with him we still got blown away by KY. Bottom line TL and KL would have been better served had RM showed up after their freshman year. It's totally unfair to knock either of these two young men who never sniffed an NCAA bid through no fault of their own.

Kwamain was our best player by the end of the year

yeah the other teams were so respectful of kwamain by season end they all face guarded and doubled him every time he got the ball and he had no chance to drive to the basket or shoot anything but 25 footers.

I'm only going to bring this up because it's a neat topic. Again I love and respect SLU basketball and want them to win. I don't think you realize the difference in talent between the two schools. It's not an over inflated opinion when guys like Connor Teahan and Brady Morningstar walk on the team. Yes both players are better than TL3 and KL. A team with TL3 and KL as walk ons happen all the time at the top level. They lose because they wouldn't even be a factor in the game. TL3 and KL aren't going to see the court with UCLA, Duke, KU and NC. SLU needs to know what it takes to be a top 25 team and your comment tells me they don't. The cool thing is HCRM does know what it takes and will educate the University.

I'm only going to bring this up because it's a neat topic. Again I love and respect SLU basketball and want them to win. I don't think you realize the difference in talent between the two schools. It's not an over inflated opinion when guys like Connor Teahan and Brady Morningstar walk on the team. Yes both players are better than TL3 and KL. A team with TL3 and KL as walk ons happen all the time at the top level. They lose because they wouldn't even be a factor in the game. TL3 and KL aren't going to see the court with UCLA, Duke, KU and NC. SLU needs to know what it takes to be a top 25 team and your comment tells me they don't. The cool thing is HCRM does know what it takes and will educate the University.

Man, thanks for educating us. But why do i feel dumber after having read that?

yeah the other teams were so respectful of kwamain by season end they all face guarded and doubled him every time he got the ball and he had no chance to drive to the basket or shoot anything but 25 footers.

Bet you the Golden Eagles wished they had Kwamain on Sunday. Passing on him was an Epic fail.

you now have proven you are clueless. walkons are better than top seven all time scorers at slu and future billiken hall of famers but they just wanted to have the experience on the jayhawk bench. right.

you dont think lisch and liddell are the equal of say a bobby frasor? wrong. thanks for your visit but take your patronizing b.s. elsewhere if you ask me.