Lazar Heyward of Marquette

Probably one of the biggest bonehead plays I have ever seen in NCAA Tournament history, save for the Webber "time out" gaffe in 1993. Couldn't have happened to a greater team than Marquette, our old buddies from C-USA. Hahahaha. The "goat" can move up from Wrigley on I-94 to Marquette University.

While Vitale and Phelps praise the "effort" of Dominic James, we should be concentrating on the mental and physical error made in one play by Heyward. Who knows, maybe Marquette ties it up, wins in OT and then shocks Memphis (another old C-USA foe) to get to the regional final.

I was rolling in my chair watching this classic Bucknerian gaffe from Muck Farquette. As much as I also could care less for Mizzou, this was hilarious. Chris Webber, you are, as Bill Rafftery would say, "off the hook!"

Probably one of the biggest bonehead plays I have ever seen in NCAA Tournament history, save for the Webber "time out" gaffe in 1993. Couldn't have happened to a greater team than Marquette, our old buddies from C-USA. Hahahaha. The "goat" can move up from Wrigley on I-94 to Marquette University.

While Vitale and Phelps praise the "effort" of Dominic James, we should be concentrating on the mental and physical error made in one play by Heyward. Who knows, maybe Marquette ties it up, wins in OT and then shocks Memphis (another old C-USA foe) to get to the regional final.

I was rolling in my chair watching this classic Bucknerian gaffe from Muck Farquette. As much as I also could care less for Mizzou, this was hilarious. Chris Webber, you are, as Bill Rafftery would say, "off the hook!"

Not Quite. Webber's was in the national championship.

Sorry, I didn't see it.

Could you explain what happened?

Sorry, I didn't see it.

Could you explain what happened?

Marquette, down two with 5 seconds remaining, on the inbound play, stepped in bounds before passing the ball. automatic turnover and instant foul. lyons made both to put the game basically out of reach with 5 seconds left.

kid had a heck of a game, huge plays down the stretch. No reason to dog him. That play wouldnt have even matttered if it wasnt for some of the plays he made earlier in the game.

Chris Webber's stats before the timeout:

Chris Webber 11-18 from the field 23 points

Does anyone remember that? No.

Heyward will go down in Marquette "lore" for his gaffe tonight. There's nothing we can do about it.

But the fact that it's a Marquette guy has to be great for us SLU people. I have a hard time talking to my aunt because she is a Marquette grad.

sop you are saying you would rather have the tigers win over marquette? it isnt that easy for me. imo the two most annoying fanbases in the entire world. it was a no win game imo. and now we are faced with picking a team to root from between the tigers 1 and 2. calipari has never been a favorite of mine either. sighhhhh

i am at least catching up on the csi miami reruns on A&E when these games run. now if horatio was coaching memphis, i could root for that team.

sop you are saying you would rather have the tigers win over marquette? it isnt that easy for me. imo the two most annoying fanbases in the entire world. it was a no win game imo. and now we are faced with picking a team to root from between the tigers 1 and 2. calipari has never been a favorite of mine either. sighhhhh

i am at least catching up on the csi miami reruns on A&E when these games run. now if horatio was coaching memphis, i could root for that team.

I'd much rather root for the Tigers than MU. Which team have we played more in our history? What school's fan base treats ours like crap when we are a much better school and have a nicer campus?

The answer would be Marquette.

There is room for one more on the bandwagon Roy. Hop aboard. You can't root for the evil Calipari can you?

There is room for one more on the bandwagon Roy. Hop aboard. You can't root for the evil Calipari can you?

I'd rather root for Memphis than Marquette.

Dwayne Wade is the only reason that school is in the Big East. Makes me physically ill to watch them play Notre Dame, UConn, Syracuse and Providence every year. Physically ill. Muck Farquette.

I'd rather root for Memphis than Marquette.

Dwayne Wade is the only reason that school is in the Big East. Makes me physically ill to watch them play Notre Dame, UConn, Syracuse and Providence every year. Physically ill. Muck Farquette.

This is hilarious and clever. Did you think of it? Comic genius.

Marquette's Wade-era Final Four run couldn't have been better timed and it paid off with a jump to the Big East. However, Marquette has performed consistently well since joining that conference, has continued to draw huge crowds to the Bradley Center, has incredible student support, and the incoming class (easily one of the best in the Big East) suggests they'll continue to justify their existence in the Big East.

I loved the rivalry SLU had with Marquette, and hated Crean and his staff with a passion. I miss playing them twice a year. However, I'd rather root for the school that is probably more similar to SLU than any other, and see them as a model of what SLU can achieve with its program instead of being jealous of their progress.

i actually would root for calipari if forced to choose between the two sets of tigers. i probably will just accept solace in the fact neither will go to the end as slick rick will win the tourney. one things for sure, i wont be watching the tiger match.

I'd much rather root for the Tigers than MU. Which team have we played more in our history? What school's fan base treats ours like crap when we are a much better school and have a nicer campus?

The answer would be Marquette.

as usual, take your pick, a poke in the eye with a stick or a rock against the back of your head. sucks either way.

Muck Farquette.

hmmm, any previously banned posters ever write like that? just saying............

hmmm, any previously banned posters ever write like that? just saying............

Ha, I'm glad someone else finally noticed. He hides his identity about as well as Clark Kent.

This is hilarious and clever. Did you think of it? Comic genius.

Marquette's Wade-era Final Four run couldn't have been better timed and it paid off with a jump to the Big East. However, Marquette has performed consistently well since joining that conference, has continued to draw huge crowds to the Bradley Center, has incredible student support, and the incoming class (easily one of the best in the Big East) suggests they'll continue to justify their existence in the Big East.

I loved the rivalry SLU had with Marquette, and hated Crean and his staff with a passion. I miss playing them twice a year. However, I'd rather root for the school that is probably more similar to SLU than any other, and see them as a model of what SLU can achieve with its program instead of being jealous of their progress.

It's one thing for Metz to troll as he does....but I would hope by now most if not all SLU fans understand that Marquette didn't just get lucky with timing and a Final Four to get into the Big East. It took a lot more work, time, relationships for a much longer period of time than that. I certainly hope SLU as a hoops program is doing due diligence for the long term, something SLU didn't do in its past.