A Request to the SLU Fans

Xavier and Dayton manage to have good RPI's playing in the same conference. There is no reason we can't do the same.

I agree, you need to beat the 200+ RPI teams on the road but it is just harder to do when you are in a conference with 3-4 of the schools having 200+ RPIs. X lost to Charlotte with 176 RPI. But X has had many years tourney success and UD has many years of dragging in the fans. These things help.

During the 90's and early 2000's we had great OOC games. Every year we had a marquee game (a UCLA, AZ, UNC, Gonzaga, Kansas, etc..) and several mid-level BCS schools (Iowa, Kansas State, Ole Miss, West Va, etc..) scheduled, but one big difference, we played in a conference ranked between 5 to 7. The conference we play in now is a RPI killer. You watch, if X sweeps in AC, one team may get into the dance, X.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, you need to beat the 200+ RPI teams on the road but it is just harder to do when you are in a conference with 3-4 of the schools having 200+ RPIs. X lost to Charlotte with 176 RPI. But X has had many years tourney success and UD has many years of dragging in the fans. These things help.

During the 90's and early 2000's we had great OOC games. Every year we had a marquee game (a UCLA, AZ, UNC, Gonzaga, Kansas, etc..) and several mid-level BCS schools (Iowa, Kansas State, Ole Miss, West Va, etc..) scheduled, but one big difference, we played in a conference ranked between 5 to 7. The conference we play in now is a RPI killer. You watch, if X sweeps in AC, one team may get into the dance, X.

I've been told in the past by posters on here that the A10 is normally a 3-4 bid conference so we should be fine. The conference as a whole just might down this year. That happens.

Also, where are you getting your RPI numbers. According to CBSsportsline's RPI, I can't find an A10 team with an RPI above 209(GW). St. Bon, Charlotte, Fordham and UMass are all under 200.

Postcard,

I recall a few days ago you and several others having a discussion on bringing in more BCS and top basketball schools in to Chaifetz. If we have an 150+ RPI because we play to many 200+ RPI conference games, do you believe a team like Boston Col is going to come back to take on the chin in the Chaifetz. They be fools to and possibly ruin any chance of them being a bubble team. We need to get some of these A10 schools to make those same commitments that we did. Even if you beat a Fordham with 300RPI your RPI goes down. At least when we played in the Scott Trade we could promise a Carolina or a Gonzaga a nice attendance of 20,000. We don't have that and don't advocate we go back to Scott Trade for any games, so plan on another year of playing buy games.

Bay Area,

Regarding leaving the Metro, I distinctly remember the UAB AD saying when we left>

"It was like marrying off your ugly daughter"

My solution is if some A10 schools don't make the commitment and the league is not willing to do anything about it, maybe we should do what the Bona supporters advocate and leave. Not to the MVC, that would be going backwards. In past years, we had very some very dynamic and think 'out of the box' ADs. Albus was a major mover and shaker in establishing the Metro. I realize the Metro was not good for SLU but no one can argue that the Metro was not a quality league. Similarly, Yow did the same with the Great Midwest. Geez, I wish that league survived. I believe the opportunities are endless. Whose to say we could not peel off the Ohio A10 schools. Maybe Memphis is tired of going 14-0 every year. I was watching them the other night and 1/2 the fans left at the 1/2 because it was a total blow-out. Just need to figure out something for the football team. Also, if we pull in Memphis, I am sure a Charlotte would follow. Attending Charlotte games and speaking with fans, they are totally frustrated on what the A10 has done to hurt recruiting and attendance. Lets see if May is up to the task. Either get the conference to upgrade some of the weaker programs or we get out.

We must not lose sight, it is all about getting in the 'Big Dance'. Being in a quality conference is the best way to achieve this. That is where the $$$ is. We cannot let SLU's investment in basketball suffer.

Postcard,

I recall a few days ago you and several others having a discussion on bringing in more BCS and top basketball schools in to Chaifetz. If we have an 150+ RPI because we play to many 200+ RPI conference games, do you believe a team like Boston Col is going to come back to take on the chin in the Chaifetz. They be fools to and possibly ruin any chance of them being a bubble team. We need to get some of these A10 schools to make those same commitments that we did. Even if you beat a Fordham with 300RPI your RPI goes down. At least when we played in the Scott Trade we could promise a Carolina or a Gonzaga a nice attendance of 20,000. We don't have that and don't advocate we go back to Scott Trade for any games, so plan on another year of playing buy games.

Bay Area,

Regarding leaving the Metro, I distinctly remember the UAB AD saying when we left>

"It was like marrying off your ugly daughter"

My solution is if some A10 schools don't make the commitment and the league is not willing to do anything about it, maybe we should do what the Bona supporters advocate and leave. Not to the MVC, that would be going backwards. In past years, we had very some very dynamic and think 'out of the box' ADs. Albus was a major mover and shaker in establishing the Metro. I realize the Metro was not good for SLU but no one can argue that the Metro was not a quality league. Similarly, Yow did the same with the Great Midwest. Geez, I wish that league survived. I believe the opportunities are endless. Whose to say we could not peel off the Ohio A10 schools. Maybe Memphis is tired of going 14-0 every year. I was watching them the other night and 1/2 the fans left at the 1/2 because it was a total blow-out. Just need to figure out something for the football team. Also, if we pull in Memphis, I am sure a Charlotte would follow. Attending Charlotte games and speaking with fans, they are totally frustrated on what the A10 has done to hurt recruiting and attendance. Lets see if May is up to the task. Either get the conference to upgrade some of the weaker programs or we get out.

We must not lose sight, it is all about getting in the 'Big Dance'. Being in a quality conference is the best way to achieve this. That is where the $$$ is. We cannot let SLU's investment in basketball suffer.

A couple of points re Tar Heel's post:

UAB wasn't in the Metro. Did that quote come from someone else?

When the Metro was formed, SLU was only in the earlier stages of the Dark Ages. SLU had been with Louisville, Memphis State (now Memphis), and Cincinnati (earlier) in the old Missouri Valley. The original Metro had those 4 schools, and Tulane and Georgia Tech. The original plan was for the Metro to be in bigger TV markets, one of the reasons those aforementioned four schools left the Missouri Valley. Florida State and Virginia Tech were added. I remember we couldn't figure out what Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg, Virginia had to do with "Metro." SLU never could win there. We watched in horror as our Billikens blew a 7 point lead with 30 seconds left and lost in regulation to Florida State. We sat right behind the basket and would have gone out there to help SLU break the press if we could have.

Agreed that the Great Midwest was a great league with high potential- Marquette, DePaul, Memphis, Cincinnati, UAB, Dayton, and SLU. I hated to see that merger with the Metro to form C-USA because the memory of SLU's days in the Metro was still fresh. And by that time the Metro included a number of far away schools, many that played football, with which SLU had little in common. But the absence of Louisville was a missing link for the Great Midwest. And C-USA ultimately proved to be a pretty good fit for SLU.

But what can be done now? Marquette, DePaul, Louisville, and Cincinnati are all gone to the Big East. Some have suggested what is really a reincarnation of the already existing Horizon League. I think, all things considered, that SLU is better off in the A-10, trying to make the best of the situation, and positioning itself for the next round of conference dominos, if it ever happens.

Charlotte is out on a limb too. I've read about Charlotte starting a football program. Wouldn't an eventual return to C-USA be a better home for Charlotte given its football situation? That might not be applicable for awhile if Charlotte starts football at the old 1-AA Level. But what about when Charlotte moves up to full D-1 in football?

Also, where are you getting your RPI numbers. According to CBSsportsline's RPI, I can't find an A10 team with an RPI above 209(GW). St. Bon, Charlotte, Fordham and UMass are all under 200.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_atl10_Men.html

st bonnie, george washington and fordham all above 200 rpi today.

that said, i am on your side in this debate.

A couple of points re Tar Heel's post:

UAB wasn't in the Metro. Did that quote come from someone else?

I used to subscribe to the Metro Media paper when we played in that league, what I can remember, no one was shedding any tears when we left. I do remember that quote because I thought it was kind of funny, my bad, it was probably another AD. As far as the quality of that Metro league, it did produce a national champion, Louisville, when we played in that league.

All I am saying are we going to be beating our heads against the wall playing in this league. If you win 21 wins in CUSA or GMW, you have had a pretty good chance to go the Dance or at the very least, NIT. I don't know about the A10 if it is ranked 10 through 12. And we have certain schools year after year bring it down to this level.

I just hope SLU will not be content with the mediocrity of this league, I feel pretty certain RM is not. We can do better.

I used to subscribe to the Metro Media paper when we played in that league, what I can remember, no one was shedding any tears when we left. I do remember that quote because I thought it was kind of funny, my bad, it was probably another AD. As far as the quality of that Metro league, it did produce a national champion, Louisville, when we played in that league.

All I am saying are we going to be beating our heads against the wall playing in this league. If you win 21 wins in CUSA or GMW, you have had a pretty good chance to go the Dance or at the very least, NIT. I don't know about the A10 if it is ranked 10 through 12. And we have certain schools year after year bring it down to this level.

I just hope SLU will not be content with the mediocrity of this league, I feel pretty certain RM is not. We can do better.

I use the term "parked," as in SLU is parked in the A-10, and positioned for the next conference shift. Time may proving the A-10 to be SLU's final destination, however. So IMO SLU needs to make the most of it. SLU was 20-13 (19-13 v. D-1) in 2007 with an RPI of 74, but was left out of the NIT. So your point re the A-10 is well taken. I do think the A-10 is the best non-football playing conference and one of the 3 best non-BCS conferences, in some seasons, the best of them.

I think you are right that no one in the Metro shed tears when SLU left, except perhaps Tulane, as those SLU-Tulane battles were often for second to last place. Tulane was the one Metro school that SLU could sometimes beat. The Metro was a powerful league back then.

tarheel, it would be interesting to know where the A-10 would be ranked in the conferences if for example we could just use the top 10 rpi teams right now in the a-10.

my point is that imo the conference is only mediocre because the bottoms pulls it down. i wouldnt be surprised if we wouldnt be at least 7th and maybe the 6th ranked conference.

as to your statement about the cusa or the gmw, i agree those were stronger conferences (were key word, cusa is not longer as it is now memphis and the rest).

tarheel, it would be interesting to know where the A-10 would be ranked in the conferences if for example we could just use the top 10 rpi teams right now in the a-10.

my point is that imo the conference is only mediocre because the bottoms pulls it down. i wouldnt be surprised if we wouldnt be at least 7th and maybe the 6th ranked conference.

as to your statement about the cusa or the gmw, i agree those were stronger conferences (were key word, cusa is not longer as it is now memphis and the rest).

Roy, I would be all for that. Dropping the membership to 10 and play everyone 2x would be a great way to enhance the league. Now, with possibility one game determining who will get that all important 1st round bye, the teams that gets Fordham 2x has a advantage. I will leave it to someone else to the math but my guess is that it would be 5 or 6 rated conference. It is exactly what Mtn West/WAC did. The Mtn West today is a very strong conference with its own network.

And I meant the CUSA that we played in, not the CUSA they have today.

BTW, I just checked out the A10 Board. WOW, those Bonnie supporters really loathe us <_< Thank the lord some X fans supported us. I don't understand why, last couple years they beat the crap out of us.

What fans? There just weren't many. There was a surprisingly nice SLU contingent. The building which is very small was maybe 2/3 full at the most. Those that were there seemed fairly enthusiastic at the start, but never really had a chance to get into it, since we built a big 1st half lead. Then later in the second half, they started clearing out. I can't say as I blame them. My brother works with a Fordham alum and his impression in talking to him as that there is not a lot of enthusiasm for sports. It is a very good school, but sports doesn't seem to be a big priority at this point.

My comment about the new building wasn't so much about attracting more fans, it was about attracting better players. It would clearly help recruiting in the same way it has helped SLU. If you get better players, you are more likely to win which in turn usually results in more fans. Also regarding a New York presence, it is nice for the other members of the league to be able to make that trip, especially the East Coast schools who have a lot of alums in NYC. Even RM mentioned that he was looking forward to having the team getting the chance to do a little sightseeing during the trip. It sure makes for a much better trip than say to a place like Northern Iowa or Indiana State. Plus, if Fordham ever decides to make a commitment, they are right in the heart of a ton of basketball talent. They can follow the St. Joe's and Temple recruiting model and get quality players who may just be a notch below what most Big East schools are recruitng. St. Joe's is making major upgrades to their facilities this year, Fordham should do the same if they have any interest in trying to be competitive.

I'd agree that NYC is a good destination. It can still be good for our recruiting to play a game there, even if the facilities are underwhelming and there's little local interest. I liked the home and home with Pacific for the same reason. Fordham would have to go a long way to catch up with St. Johns in terms of interest, not to mention the Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders, Devils, etc. I think it's like my Chicago comparision I made. Even with DePaul way down and Northwestern not setting the world on fire, Loyola, UIC and Chicago State are so far behind that catching up will be difficult.

BTW, what's your problem? You don't think Terre Haute in January is appealing? <_<

I agree that the A10 should be TEN teams. You get to play everyone twice and i think that will lead to more intense rivalries between the teams. But I think the best solution would to try and get a ten team Catholic conference. Dayton, Fordham, Xavier, St. Bona, St. Joes, SLU, LaSalle, and Duquesne are alleady in the A10. I know that means Fordham, St. Bona, and LaSalle are still in, but Fordham is the only really bad team and have been terrible for a while. I think it would be hard to get Creighton or DePaul to join the new conference, maybe Detroit-Mercy (beat us this year) or Holy Cross. I highly doubt this would ever happen. Assuming Creighton and DePaul didn't join it would be.... with kenpom rpi...

Xavier-24

Dayton-81

Duquesne-91

St. Joe's-101

LaSalle-109

SLU-139

Holy Cross-181

St. Bona-188

Detroit-Mercy-277

Fordham-321

...giving you an average rpi of 151.2, not too bad or you could add Mount Saint Mary's rpi 131. The A10's rpi is 125.5 right now so not too much worse, Fordham and DM would really bring it down. So maybe someday the Catholic Athletic Conference.

I don't disagree, but ideally it would be nice if the conference could establish some minimum guidelines among its members regarding resources, etc. I'm not sure it can be done or is done in other leagues. Considering the Bills just came from a league with a number of high profile members, it seems natural that a lot of SLU fans would want to be affiliated with programs that have a commitment. Of course SLU themselves have been far from perfect in this regard in the past, but now that they have stepped up in terms of facilities it only makes sense that they would want others to do the same. I don't know how to measure it, but my impression is that A-10 programs like XU, Rhode Island, Temple, St. Joe, Charlotte, UMass, Dayton and SLU have the resources to be competitive. Some of the other programs, I am not sure about.

It has been done in this league recently. There is are new guidelines on spending and attendance I believe. I will try to find an article regarding this.

What fans? There just weren't many. There was a surprisingly nice SLU contingent. The building which is very small was maybe 2/3 full at the most. Those that were there seemed fairly enthusiastic at the start, but never really had a chance to get into it, since we built a big 1st half lead. Then later in the second half, they started clearing out. I can't say as I blame them. My brother works with a Fordham alum and his impression in talking to him as that there is not a lot of enthusiasm for sports. It is a very good school, but sports doesn't seem to be a big priority at this point.

My comment about the new building wasn't so much about attracting more fans, it was about attracting better players. It would clearly help recruiting in the same way it has helped SLU. If you get better players, you are more likely to win which in turn usually results in more fans. Also regarding a New York presence, it is nice for the other members of the league to be able to make that trip, especially the East Coast schools who have a lot of alums in NYC. Even RM mentioned that he was looking forward to having the team getting the chance to do a little sightseeing during the trip. It sure makes for a much better trip than say to a place like Northern Iowa or Indiana State. Plus, if Fordham ever decides to make a commitment, they are right in the heart of a ton of basketball talent. They can follow the St. Joe's and Temple recruiting model and get quality players who may just be a notch below what most Big East schools are recruitng. St. Joe's is making major upgrades to their facilities this year, Fordham should do the same if they have any interest in trying to be competitive.

I wouldnt call them major. That place will still be like a high school gym.

Visit the A-10 board once in a while.

Kicking teams out is an ever present topic there. The big schools Xavier and Dayton talk about it a lot but also the teams that should be getting kicked out snipe at each other and make arguments for staying in.

As SLU fans we have every right to advocate for league retraction. It is quite obvious that the bottom of the A-10 is weak and for practical purposes 14 teams in a conference is too many. SLU regardless of how we have performed on the court in the A-10 (which has been usually above or at expectations) has a made a serious commitment to our program. We are one of the haves in the conference. There are several have nots.

I agree that the A-10 will more than likely not retract. Should we really let programs flounder in the conference? Because of tradition or the so called importance of their market? No way. Without pressure from fan bases and the rest of the conference these other programs will continue to ride the A-10 coattails saying they are a high major program when in reality they couldn't compete in the MEAC or Northeast conferences.

This is pretty much my opinion as well and those of most Xavier fans I know.

No what helps is OOC scheduling. Xavier's SOS was in the top 10 4 games ago. Afer playing Charlotte, Fordham, GW, and St Joes it has fallen to 47. Thank god Mike Bobinski and Sean Miller know how to schedule and have a commitment to doing so. I believe Majerus will get that in order now that his freshman have a year under their belts. I do agree that dropping probably LaSuck and St. Bona would be the best. I know the new A10 commish has worked on drumming up some standards and expecations from every school over the next few years and has put those in effect.

No what helps is OOC scheduling. Xavier's SOS was in the top 10 4 games ago. Afer playing Charlotte, Fordham, GW, and St Joes it has fallen to 47. Thank god Mike Bobinski and Sean Miller know how to schedule and have a commitment to doing so. I believe Majerus will get that in order now that his freshman have a year under their belts. I do agree that dropping probably LaSuck and St. Bona would be the best. I know the new A10 commish has worked on drumming up some standards and expecations from every school over the next few years and has put those in effect.

Hopefully the new commish will follow through.

we barely compete and have to work our tails off to compete in the A10. RM needs to dominate this league. X has been a perrenial power in the A10

Let's skip the bull about a new league when we have our plate full winning any road game; let us build a winning tradition, first. If next year's recruits are as good as X, Dayton, Duquesne, Rhode Island we will have a chance to move up against quality schools from major population areas

and then we better have TV for road games or we are going to be mad as hell

Visit the A-10 board once in a while.

Kicking teams out is an ever present topic there. The big schools Xavier and Dayton talk about it a lot but also the teams that should be getting kicked out snipe at each other and make arguments for staying in.

As SLU fans we have every right to advocate for league retraction. It is quite obvious that the bottom of the A-10 is weak and for practical purposes 14 teams in a conference is too many. SLU regardless of how we have performed on the court in the A-10 (which has been usually above or at expectations) has a made a serious commitment to our program. We are one of the haves in the conference. There are several have nots.

I agree that the A-10 will more than likely not retract. Should we really let programs flounder in the conference? Because of tradition or the so called importance of their market? No way. Without pressure from fan bases and the rest of the conference these other programs will continue to ride the A-10 coattails saying they are a high major program when in reality they couldn't compete in the MEAC or Northeast conferences.

Give me a break. I guess we should have advocated Memphis and Cincinnati kicking us out of the Great Midwest or some of the other conferences we've been in. The "commitment" at that time was not exactly up to snuff as you say.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's hyprocrisy. And if you weren't advocating SLU getting booted from those conferences at that time you shouldn't be just arrogantly advocating booting other schools from a conference they helped build.

Give me a break. I guess we should have advocated Memphis and Cincinnati kicking us out of the Great Midwest or some of the other conferences we've been in. The "commitment" at that time was not exactly up to snuff as you say.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's hyprocrisy. And if you weren't advocating SLU getting booted from those conferences at that time you shouldn't be just arrogantly advocating booting other schools from a conference they helped build.

Completely different situation. We formed that league. The other schools wanted us in. And when we formed CUSA one school was essentially booted, Dayton, not us. 3rd year in the GM we were a top 15 team in the country. We hardly held that conference down. We finished in the upper half of both those conferences most years. We fared much better than any of the bottom feeders in the A-10 have recently. Really since we joined the GM we have had 1 horrible year, 3 great years and several mediocre to good years along with multiple post season berths. That is a track record that the A-10 bottom feeders cannot compete with. And sorry if I was a fordham fan I would agree with their coach. These programs need to man up or get out or we need to leave for greener pastures. We've set ourselves up for success, why sacrifice that so we don't hurt the feelings of fans of programs who clearly don't give a damn. That is the bottom line.

Completely different situation. We formed that league. The other schools wanted us in. And when we formed CUSA one school was essentially booted, Dayton, not us. 3rd year in the GM we were a top 15 team in the country. We hardly held that conference down. We finished in the upper half of both those conferences most years. We fared much better than any of the bottom feeders in the A-10 have recently. Really since we joined the GM we have had 1 horrible year, 3 great years and several mediocre to good years along with multiple post season berths. That is a track record that the A-10 bottom feeders cannot compete with. And sorry if I was a fordham fan I would agree with their coach. These programs need to man up or get out or we need to leave for greener pastures. We've set ourselves up for success, why sacrifice that so we don't hurt the feelings of fans of programs who clearly don't give a damn. That is the bottom line.

We joined the conference it is our duty to try to make the best of it in a positive way. Win it a few times, develop some rivalries, etc. before we try to start booting schools. Who is to say certain other programs won't "step up" in the near future? You just don't know. As far as "great years" ....how many NCAA berths have we had since we joined this conference? I just don't get your point. We voluntarily joined this conference...invited by the schools already there. There is no utopia. If we thought we could find a better situation elsewhere we should never have joined this conference.

We joined the conference it is our duty to try to make the best of it in a positive way. Win it a few times, develop some rivalries, etc. before we try to start booting schools. Who is to say certain other programs won't "step up" in the near future? You just don't know. As far as "great years" ....how many NCAA berths have we had since we joined this conference? I just don't get your point. We voluntarily joined this conference...invited by the schools already there. There is no utopia. If we thought we could find a better situation elsewhere we should never have joined this conference.

I don't follow your logic. Why must SLU win before it can speak its mind or use its influence? So far, I don't believe has spoken at all - just some of its fans. Fan talk means nothing. Instead, I sure hope the University presidents agree to higher league standards and then enforce these standards for the good of the whole conference. If standards are agreed to and set by the conference, not by the schools which happen to get recent NCAA berths, and then some of the schools choose not to follow these standards, then I'd say the schools which choose not to follow are choosing to to be "booted." Will certain programs with recent on court success have more influence in setting these standards? Of course.

SLU has shown a commitment to the basketball program. They have a brand new on campus arena and a great coach who knows how to recruit and develop players. While they are still having growing pains now they are on the right track. This is why I believe SLU has the right to criticize any school in the league that has not chosen to do the same thing. Now the results will have to come from SLU but I believe they will because they are doing the right things now.

It has been done in this league recently. There is are new guidelines on spending and attendance I believe. I will try to find an article regarding this.

That's good to know. Setting some standards I believe is realistic. I would like to see the article if you can find it. If a XU fan can recognize the commitment that SLU has now made to basketball and the influence we can start to exert with others in the league who share that commitment, I am not sure why some of our own fans can't grasp it.

SLU has shown a commitment to the basketball program. They have a brand new on campus arena and a great coach who knows how to recruit and develop players. While they are still having growing pains now they are on the right track. This is why I believe SLU has the right to criticize any school in the league that has not chosen to do the same thing. Now the results will have to come from SLU but I believe they will because they are doing the right things now.

Yes, we have made commitments with both facilities, finances, and personnel, but we are hardly in a position to criticize anyone in this league.

1) We chose to come here. If we don't like the league, well, we are one of the newest members, maybe we should leave.

2) Let's win the conference, make the post-season, or at least start finishing in the top 5 regularly before we start claiming any entitlement.

3) Let's stop getting blown out 5 times a year in road games. Chaifetz is great, but we only play half of our games there.

4) Let's start beating those supposed "bottomfeeders" before we start running our mouths. Last time I checked, we've lost 3 straight to the "lowly" Bonnies.

As far as I'm concerned, we still pretty much have "guest" status in this conference. RM can take us to the upper tier, but he hasn't done it yet. Patience is a virtue, right?

Yes, we have made commitments with both facilities, finances, and personnel, but we are hardly in a position to criticize anyone in this league.

1) We chose to come here. If we don't like the league, well, we are one of the newest members, maybe we should leave.

2) Let's win the conference, make the post-season, or at least start finishing in the top 5 regularly before we start claiming any entitlement.

3) Let's stop getting blown out 5 times a year in road games. Chaifetz is great, but we only play half of our games there.

4) Let's start beating those supposed "bottomfeeders" before we start running our mouths. Last time I checked, we've lost 3 straight to the "lowly" Bonnies.

As far as I'm concerned, we still pretty much have "guest" status in this conference. RM can take us to the upper tier, but he hasn't done it yet. Patience is a virtue, right?

The issue is bigger than losing one game on the road to a bad team. It's not about not liking the league, it's about setting standards to make the league better for all.