OT - BS technical in KU MU game

AlumniFan

Morris for KU gets called for a technical while walking off the court looking up at the scoreboard. Why? Because the ref sideswipes him and then calls Morris on a technical, presumably for bumping him. And, this is after several crappy officiating calls. The idiot ref needs to pay attention instead of calling a technical on a player looking up at the scoreboard while he is walking off the court.

What is with the officials nowadays? They are bad everywhere!

This is unbelievable!!!! Now the refs cannot count to five on an inbounds pass. What is going on? Are these refs even watching the same game?!?!?!?!

That was truly a great game. Taylor did it again, just like against Texas. Taylor was also a pleasure to interview earlier this year. 21-4, 8-2. Just wow. Year 3 is whenn you can judge most coaches and will be a big year for the Bills next year. They will all be Majerus' player, just like Anderson has this year with the exception of Lawrence and Lyons

That was truly a great game. Taylor did it again, just like against Texas. Taylor was also a pleasure to interview earlier this year. 21-4, 8-2. Just wow. Year 3 in win you can just most coaches and will be a big year for the Bills next year. They will all be Majerus' player, just like Anderson has this year with the exception of Lawrence and Lyons

Glad you all enjoyed the game. Someday.....well probably not.

Morris for KU gets called for a technical while walking off the court looking up at the scoreboard. Why? Because the ref sideswipes him and then calls Morris on a technical, presumably for bumping him. And, this is after several crappy officiating calls. The idiot ref needs to pay attention instead of calling a technical on a player looking up at the scoreboard while he is walking off the court.

What is with the officials nowadays? They are bad everywhere!

Wow, let's do more to let the mizzou people on here gloat. :unsure:

For a program that supposedly doesn't care about SLU, your fans sure seem to check in on Billiken board a LOT. Anyway, nice win, you beat a team that UMass beat - a team the Bills beat.

I read your board alot,I like to see all the complaining you guys do about missouri,which you don't care about.

For a program that supposedly doesn't care about SLU, your fans sure seem to check in on Billiken board a LOT. Anyway, nice win, you beat a team that UMass beat - a team the Bills beat.

This thread should have never been started and it seems ridiculous to expect Mizzou fans who visit this board not to chime in. I am in a similar boat as V-Time in that I am a fan of SLU and Mizzou, but I would not have started a thread concerning the game, but when there is already a thread started you are asking for people like V-Time to talk about the Tigers. I would assume Mizzou fans that do not live in St. Louis could care less about SLU.

This thread should have never been started and it seems ridiculous to expect Mizzou fans who visit this board not to chime in. I am in a similar boat as V-Time in that I am a fan of SLU and Mizzou, but I would not have started a thread concerning the game, but when there is already a thread started you are asking for people like V-Time to talk about the Tigers. I would assume Mizzou fans that do not live in St. Louis could care less about SLU.

We all knew v-time couldn't resist.

Dont see a post from a V-TIME, but I did watch the game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And it is understandable that a lot of fans just dont care to hear about the Tigers and thats fine. I'm not sure I get the hatred, because the teams dont play each other and for the most part really arent recruiting the same players. I grew up a fan of both programs.

This thread was started by a big KU fan who was watching a KU game and who commented on a BS technical on a KU player. The post was more of a follow-up to the many other posts about the horrible officiating this year than it was to anything else. Delude yourself all you want, but the fact that MU was KU's opponent was incidental at best - the game could just as easily been KU vs. K-State which I would have watched a well.

It is sad that some of you are so obsessed with a rivalry that does not even exist that you imagine things to fit YOUR view of others!!!

That was truly a great game. Taylor did it again, just like against Texas. Taylor was also a pleasure to interview earlier this year. 21-4, 8-2. Just wow. Year 3 is whenn you can judge most coaches and will be a big year for the Bills next year. They will all be Majerus' player, just like Anderson has this year with the exception of Lawrence and Lyons

I said the same thing last week and was persecuted. Oh well.

Anyways, not to beat a dead horse but I want to get the opinion of some posters on a Mizzou related question. I'm not looking to turn this into a Mizzou thread. If you'd like to PM me that would be fine. Yesterday on the radio show that Bob Ramsey is a part of, a caller called in complaining about SLU's placement on the front page of the paper, essentially saying that they deserved a better spot than Mizzou or Illinois. Billiken Bob disagreed and said Mizzou and Illinois deserved preferential treatment because they were ranked and that when SLU improved they would get the attention they deserve. During the same segment, he also talked about how he was looking forward to the MU/KU game and how he was an MU fan and he was even placing a bet with one of the KU fans on the staff.

How does this make you feel? Do you think he is disrespecting SLU by talking about and rooting for their alledged(by some)rival? Do you think he should keep his job as voice of the Billikens for such a treasonous act?

This thread was started by a big KU fan who was watching a KU game and who commented on a BS technical on a KU player. The post was more of a follow-up to the many other posts about the horrible officiating this year than it was to anything else. Delude yourself all you want, but the fact that MU was KU's opponent was incidental at best - the game could just as easily been KU vs. K-State which I would have watched a well.

It is sad that some of you are so obsessed with a rivalry that does not even exist that you imagine things to fit YOUR view of others!!!

Why in the world did you think it necessary to post YOUR conclusion about an MU/ku call on a SLU board? Probably because you were looking for support from the MU haters on this board that you weren't going to get elsewhere when even the TV announcers(including ku shill Ron Franklin) said the kid screwed up. All you did was que up Mizzou fans.

No it was probably because this is a basketball board and he likes to discuss basketball.

I think the T was a good call as it looked like the player threw in a elbow just a bit there too.

No it was probably because this is a basketball board and he likes to discuss basketball.

I think the T was a good call as it looked like the player threw in a elbow just a bit there too.

My problem was the ref was not looking to defuse the situation. The original call may have been a foul -- i don't know. The ref knows the deal and approached the player not the other way around. A refs job is to defuse -- not escalate. Its my problem with MLB umpires too....

My problem was the ref was not looking to defuse the situation. The original call may have been a foul -- i don't know. The ref knows the deal and approached the player not the other way around. A refs job is to defuse -- not escalate. Its my problem with MLB umpires too....

i don't understand why more refs that get elbowed don't hold interventions right then and there, getting the parents involved and everything.

THIS IS A SLU BOARD WE DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT OTHER SCHOOLS. UNLESS YOU'RE A KANSAS FAN IN WHICH CASE OUR BOARD WORKS BETTER FOR YOU THAN PHOG.NET

very wise, random bills fan.