Some good game notes and Rickma giving praise to TLIII

brianstl

From Timmermann's blog. His blog is a must read for all Billiken fans.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/billiken-...richmond-recap/

Thanks for the link. I watched and cursed Tommie for most of the game for not attacking. I then started to think something was wrong with his lower back as he wasn't really closing out on the 3 point shooters. He was even playing off some guys on the perimeter as if he knew he couldn't stay with them off the dribble. Towards the end of the game he wasn't he even looking for his shot. He became more of a distributor from the free throw line as I don't think he took a shot past the halfway point of the 2nd half. Thank God for Kevin and Kwamain.

who guarded harper most of the game? could that have been liddell? couldnt really tell by the tv telecast because harper was such a non factor. imo, whomever shut harper down was as much of a hero as lisch and mitchell. harper killed us at chaifetz.

I can't think of one Fisher hit, but I remember his miss that served as an assist to Phil Hunt, who tipped it in and sent us to OT vs. Houston, where we won (senior night 2003).

-Ross Varner hit one at the buzzer to beat Washington in 2001.

-Reggie Bryant hit one at the buzzer to win at Southern Miss in the 2004-2005 season.

-Anthony Drejaj hit his famous 3 from the corner to beat Iowa in the NIT at the Family Arena.

-Then there's Vouyoukas' late tip vs. Missouri State.

Am I missing any? Should any of these not be included (i.e. was there time left after they hit)?

Not to be Johnny Raincloud but does anyone remember the Arizona game where Reggie Bryant made that shot at the buzzer, then the refs said it was a 2 and we lost.

Well, it really was a 2. And I was reminded of it when the Duquesne guy made the last second shot last week for a tie instead of a win.

Thanks for the link. I watched and cursed Tommie for most of the game for not attacking. I then started to think something was wrong with his lower back as he wasn't really closing out on the 3 point shooters. He was even playing off some guys on the perimeter as if he knew he couldn't stay with them off the dribble. Towards the end of the game he wasn't he even looking for his shot. He became more of a distributor from the free throw line as I don't think he took a shot past the halfway point of the 2nd half. Thank God for Kevin and Kwamain.

[/quote