Our Offense Next Year

moytoy12

I disagree. I agree with both paragraphs. I especially disagree about RM and TL off the court. I think TL knows RM is hard on him and respects it. Before RM got here he was showing up late for meetings etc... he tried it with RM and quickly found out it wouldn't work. TL is a better player and probably a more disciplined person due to RM, and I bet Tommie knows it. If TL wouldn't have been a good fit with RM .... how do we possibly believe Femi will help?

I do not think I would say Tommie is a better player today than he was two years ago, but I realize that is a difference of opinion and respect your opinion while not being in agreement.

As far as saying Tommie is a better person due to Majerus, I would ask what you base that on. Do you know Tommie personally and did you know him when he first came to SLU? You say he is a more disciplined person because of Majerus, based on what? That is the type of comment only someone close to Tommie would be able to make with any kind of certainty and personally knowing Tommie and his friends I am not sure any of them would make such a comment. I saw Tommie working his butt off outside of the classroom his freshman year to make sure his grades were taken care of and the development of his shot from his freshman to sophomore year shows his dedication as a player to get in the gym with Sodie and improve himself as a basketball player. Tommie and Majerus were not a good fit and I credit Tommie with sticking it out and working to improve as a player while maybe not being overly happy with the situation. I stand by my thoughts that Tommie likely would not have come to SLU had Majerus been the coach and if he had that he would not still be wearing a Billiken jersey.

I am sorry for the negativity in my post and I will end here.

That comment is making assumptions that those who post would have no personal relationships that would give them insight.

I believe once in a while there is some insight, but in general I take most of the inside info I read on here to be false.

I do not think I would say Tommie is a better player today than he was two years ago, but I realize that is a difference of opinion and respect your opinion while not being in agreement.

As far as saying Tommie is a better person due to Majerus, I would ask what you base that on. Do you know Tommie personally and did you know him when he first came to SLU? You say he is a more disciplined person because of Majerus, based on what? That is the type of comment only someone close to Tommie would be able to make with any kind of certainty and personally knowing Tommie and his friends I am not sure any of them would make such a comment. I saw Tommie working his butt off outside of the classroom his freshman year to make sure his grades were taken care of and the development of his shot from his freshman to sophomore year shows his dedication as a player to get in the gym with Sodie and improve himself as a basketball player. Tommie and Majerus were not a good fit and I credit Tommie with sticking it out and working to improve as a player while maybe not being overly happy with the situation. I stand by my thoughts that Tommie likely would not have come to SLU had Majerus been the coach and if he had that he would not still be wearing a Billiken jersey.

I am sorry for the negativity in my post and I will end here.

I anwered your question 15 minutes before you posted this .... just my opinion based upon observation. I don't claim any it to be anything but that. And you may know Tommie and you may be right, but my tendency is to take most inside info I read on here with a grain of salt.

If you've been reading this board for a while, I generally try to state something is just my opinion ... this time I failed to, my bad. If I know something to be fact, I'll say so.

Skip, don't tell me you missed the whole "bring your paystub" thread. That was a billikens.com instant classic.

Found it. And, MAN, was it worth looking for. HAHAHAHAHA I was dying the whole time I read it.

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?s...st&p=172360

"Dont back down now, I will bring you down to our seats

How about underneath the basket before the game with your paystubs punkass.

Name the place in the arena

Some are tired of your tirades though the years.

Name the place in the arena AND BRING YOUR PAYCHECK STUB...streettalking punk"

-basketballcountry 6:19PM November 15th, 2008 A.D.

MORE. This is just gold. http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?s...st&p=172878

"Hey asphalt head, we will meet under the basket at the next home game. YOU DO GO TO THE BILLIKEN GAMES DONT YOU DRIP??

Don t forget to bring your paystub and passport

HERE CHICKIE CHICKIE

Dont forget .....Myself and my witnesess will be there,I have already told them about it, and you bring yours. You should pay their way in since you are going to win some big money.

After we give our checkstubs and passports to the witnesses and before they look at them we will make our bet.

For me wasting my time with a big mouth peon like you the bet will range from 20,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars. Oh do say 50,000 dollars please please. You surely are not a dummy when you can win more, you are the LOUDMOUTH man and should win this bet easy, LMAO.

Dont forget your verification you have the money to pay off the bet.. That should not be a problem. your name and address should be on your checkstub and passport that our witnesses will take down just like they will take down my name and address. I dont like big mouth blowheart no money wannabees.

You do understand that dont you..... A bet is a bet and you not having the money does not go well.

Carbondale????LMAO.................he said carbondale,...nah at the next home game. That is real close for you right?? I will be at the game son, WONT YOU.

So next game, and bring you money. No more of your hillbilly wimp talk, time to be a man.

No more of your boy BS,so take the bet NOW, we,yes some of my billiken friends, that go to the games with us. are WAITING.

So say you take the bet on this board and be under the basket..if you dont, YOU PUSSIED OUT AND YOU ARE A WINDBAY AND DONT TALK YOUR BS again.

YOU ARE CALLED OUT.....PUT IT UP OR SHUT UP................NOW

If you need a ticket to the BILLIKEN game let me know, I will take care of it......ONCE..to take your money blowheart

Since I would never give you the respect to answer something out of your bad breath mouth, another billiken friend of mine that will be at the game told me today how much of a dumbass you are.

My friend said most people know (he said not you of course) anytime a coach comes to the AREA or SCHOOL looking at a player that say for instance KNOWS st louis u is also going after,the COACHES go through the HIGH SCHOOL coach first, and for instance say didnt a pretty good player of yours go to st louis u and didnt have such a great experience or was not treated very well from the coach there.

CASE CLOSED

SO SHUT UP YOU PEON

Dont forget to answer about our bet. Looking forward to SEEING you at the billiken game."

Kwamain will be a major scorer before it's all said and done, if not next year. He shot 90% from FT in high school, and though that hasn't been reflected yet in college, expect him to take over KL's role as the run around and get fouled guy at the end of the game for the next three years. I wouldn't be surprised if he tops KL and TL's season high scoring averages next year, given the previous presumption. These freshmen will really shine next year when they don't feel the need to defer to KL and TL. They're starting to do so now.

I think this has been a major problem with the offense so far.

I, also, think Ellis will be geting major minutes at the 3. He is supposed to be a great outside shooter. I see him getting minutes at the 3 and 4.

MORE. This is just gold. http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?s...st&p=172878

"Hey asphalt head, we will meet under the basket at the next home game. YOU DO GO TO THE BILLIKEN GAMES DONT YOU DRIP??

HERE CHICKIE CHICKIE

Dont forget .....Myself and my witnesess will be there,I have already told them about it, and you bring yours. You should pay their way in since you are going to win some big money.

After we give our checkstubs and passports to the witnesses and before they look at them we will make our bet.

For me wasting my time with a big mouth peon like you the bet will range from 20,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars. Oh do say 50,000 dollars please please. You surely are not a dummy when you can win more, you are the LOUDMOUTH man and should win this bet easy, LMAO.

Dont forget your verification you have the money to pay off the bet.. That should not be a problem. your name and address should be on your checkstub and passport that our witnesses will take down just like they will take down my name and address. I dont like big mouth blowheart no money wannabees.

You do understand that dont you..... A bet is a bet and you not having the money does not go well.

Carbondale????LMAO.................he said carbondale,...nah at the next home game. That is real close for you right?? I will be at the game son, WONT YOU.

So next game, and bring you money. No more of your hillbilly wimp talk, time to be a man.

No more of your boy BS,so take the bet NOW, we,yes some of my billiken friends, that go to the games with us. are WAITING.

So say you take the bet on this board and be under the basket..if you dont, YOU PUSSIED OUT AND YOU ARE A WINDBAY AND DONT TALK YOUR BS again.

If you need a ticket to the BILLIKEN game let me know, I will take care of it......ONCE..to take your money blowheart

Since I would never give you the respect to answer something out of your bad breath mouth, another billiken friend of mine that will be at the game told me today how much of a dumbass you are.

My friend said most people know (he said not you of course) anytime a coach comes to the AREA or SCHOOL looking at a player that say for instance KNOWS st louis u is also going after,the COACHES go through the HIGH SCHOOL coach first, and for instance say didnt a pretty good player of yours go to st louis u and didnt have such a great experience or was not treated very well from the coach there.

CASE CLOSED

SO SHUT UP YOU PEON

Dont forget to answer about our bet. Looking forward to SEEING you at the billiken game."

Country is my favorite poster.

the best country thread imo was the one where box wrote the paperback version of country's previous life to that point. that imo was the greatest post in billikens.com history.

i am still on edge waiting for the sequel.

the best country thread imo was the one where box wrote the paperback version of country's previous life to that point. that imo was the greatest post in billikens.com history.

i am still on edge waiting for the sequel.

that was some straight james joyce ######, weren't it? classic.

SShoe, I think it's a fair point about KL and TL. While they have the talent, they just aren't mixing with this Majerus offense very well (perhaps for a number of reasons). I noticed last night that our offense (as best as I could decipher what we are trying to accomplish) bogged down when TL and KL got the ball. They really disrupted the flow.

Band, good point on the Aussies. This roster next year should be loaded with talent and hopefully some guys that fit the Majerus system a little better.

pg: KM

sg/backup pg: KC, Reid, PE

sg/SF: Femi, Salecich

SF/PF: J. Smith

PF: BC, WR, Ellis

C: BT

Redshirt: Remekun

I predict we will see a faster, leaner, meaner Conklin next year and his time will be split between 3/4 instead of 4/5 next year

I predict we will see a faster, leaner, meaner Conklin next year and his time will be split between 3/4 instead of 4/5 next year

I don't want Conklin to be leaner. I want him to undergo a vigorous summer course of study under Ronnie Coleman and come into next season eating broken glass and $h!tt!ing rebar. The pretty Aussie boys can make it rain from outside while Conklin breaks jaws in the paint.

HERE CHICKIE CHICKIE

CASE CLOSED

SO SHUT UP YOU PEON

"Asphalt head"

and

"Since i would never give you the respect to answer something out of your bad breath mouth"

I can't stop laughing.

Also, I want to meet country's friend, that guy/girl brings the funk!

Country, please make your friend post on the board.

I think our frontcourt could be quite good next year - one more year with the 3 returning bigs getting better, hopefully Ellis being an upgrade over Barry and Smith providing more athleticism. Hopefully either Reid or Salecich will step in and do well at the 2 and provide some outside shooting. For me the 3 position is still a mystery. The question marks on next year's roster appear to be - backup point guard, finding one more outside shooter and who will take over at small forward.