No Kwamain Mitchell today

Guest BillikenReport

Just saw Kwamain Mitchell sitting in street clothes with the coaches during the shootaround an hour before the game.

That is gonna really hurt. IMO he makes our offense go. We need lsh and tommie to be hot today

That is gonna really hurt. IMO he makes our offense go. We need lsh and tommie to be hot today

If by hot you meant Tommie dribbling into a triple team on numerous occasions and getting stripped, he did the job today. He was terrible.

Not NEARLY as bad Lisch. UH oh, bring on the noise.

They were both not what they needed to be . . . however, I had to throw Tommie into the fire so I can see people *****. Maybe Tommie needs a new style. He should go bald and shave that crap on his face.

They were both not what they needed to be . . . however, I had to throw Tommie into the fire so I can see people *****. Maybe Tommie needs a new style. He should go bald and shave that crap on his face.

SLU has a promising and talented young point guard in Mitchell. The problem is, he is the only one on the roster, who is learning and who will have many ups and downs this season as to be expected. Mitchell will need another point guard next season, or he'll be expected to log nearly 40 minutes a night if no one else proves capable.

Kevin played better.

That sucks when 5-13 is considered playing better. Yes, he was our leading scorer but he had crucial turnovers and had terrible shot selection at the end of the game. Sans his three pointer with about 40 seconds left, he and Tommie's play at the end of the game was atrocious. Today proved what everyone has said about Tommie and Kevin these past years, and that is that neither of them is capable of playing the point at all. They were both terrible trying to run the offense and it really hurt our team.

That sucks when 5-13 is considered playing better. Yes, he was our leading scorer but he had crucial turnovers and had terrible shot selection at the end of the game. Sans his three pointer with about 40 seconds left, he and Tommie's play at the end of the game was atrocious. Today proved what everyone has said about Tommie and Kevin these past years, and that is that neither of them is capable of playing the point at all. They were both terrible trying to run the offense and it really hurt our team.

You can look at that multiple ways.

If Lisch and Liddell are not capable of playing the point, or in fact directing an offense, then they need to be able to bring other things to the table to increase their value. Some of those other parts of the game have been inconsistent, something you don't expect as much from talented veteran players. Players always need to be adding something to their game to improve. They don't have to be point guards, but they need to be adding other components to their games and playing more consistently at a higher level.

That sucks when 5-13 is considered playing better. Yes, he was our leading scorer but he had crucial turnovers and had terrible shot selection at the end of the game.

Kevin is OK, a decent player. He can be a good shooter, of course, but he's lost a step from what he had as a soph and he looks relatively out of shape on the court- soft. I really thought he would be an excellent player by the time he was a Sr, up from very good as a soph. He's now just pretty good and his overall game has regressed. Again, I think he's out of shape.

It was really nice at the end when he passed up looks at the 3 and decided Cassity was the better option.

I can see how KC was a very good Class A player - good size and smarts, for sure. But he's really up against it in a major bball conference with his relative lack of speed. I don't see how this is going to allow him ever to contribute significantly.

Kevin is OK, a decent player. He can be a good shooter, of course, but he's lost a step from what he had as a soph and he looks relatively out of shape on the court- soft. I really thought he would be an excellent player by the time he was a Sr, up from very good as a soph. He's now just pretty good and his overall game has regressed. Again, I think he's out of shape.

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more. I'm not sure why there is this culture of "protectionism" about the guy. This is Division I. If you can't take criticism get out the kitchen!!

Guest BillikenReport

Majerus mentioned after the game he thought Cassity would be able to do a good job backing up the point guard spot when he's a junior.

He also said: “Kyle is going to be a good player. Kyle Cassity is going to be a hell of a player some day. It’s not going to be this year.”

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more. I'm not sure why there is this culture of "protectionism" about the guy. This is Division I. If you can't take criticism get out the kitchen!!

I believe most people fall in the middle. Perhaps I am wrong, but it's like most things in life, there will be extremists on one side or the other, but the majority falls in the middle.

There isn't anything wrong with criticism. There also isn't anything wrong with doing so in a positive, constructive way, with the end result being doing well, and always seeking that.

It'd be incomplete to not state the many positives of Lisch's game when evaluating his performance, just as it would be incomplete to not objectively point out areas of needed improvement. Lisch certainly doesn't fall on either end of the extremes overall.

And, perhaps that is the issue, people wanted and expected an extreme in a positive way for him, the team, and their fandom.

Majerus mentioned after the game he thought Cassity would be able to do a good job backing up the point guard spot when he's a junior.

He also said: “Kyle is going to be a good player. Kyle Cassity is going to be a hell of a player some day. It’s not going to be this year.”

Did he say anything about who he might think would be good at backing up the point guard spot next year?

Guest BillikenReport

Did he say anything about who he might think would be good at backing up the point guard spot next year?

Actually, I posted something about that on my site.

Majerus mentioned he has a player coming in next year who is a 2-1, which would be a shooting guard who can play some point guard. He didn't mention the player by name, but I'm guessing he was talking about Christian Salecich.

The post-game press conference was about 20 minutes long and went in a lot of different directions, as those things tend to go.

Actually, I posted something about that on my site.

Majerus mentioned he has a player coming in next year who is a 2-1, which would be a shooting guard who can play some point guard. He didn't mention the player by name, but I'm guessing he was talking about Christian Salecich.

The post-game press conference was about 20 minutes long and went in a lot of different directions, as those things tend to go.

I am as high on the Aussie kids as anyone, but CS has never been the guy to run an offense from anything I kind find on him. It is always easy to say a kid can do it when he never really has had to do it. Rickma had a problem with Cotto running the offense and CS seems to be the same type of player except taller.

For the last time. Cassity is a point guard. Thats what he played in high school, thats what he played in AAU. Yes, he has the height to play sg and thats where he's played a lot because of Kwamain Mitchell, but he is a floor general and the point position is in good hands for the next 4 years with those 2. End of debate.

What game did you watch? This was the worst home game I have ever seen KL play. It was really nice at the end when he passed up looks at the 3 and decided Cassity was the better option.

You must not have read my previous post where I agreed not to say anything negative about ths player for the rest of the year.