OT: Gates/Agee - Hoop Dreams Update

Box and Won

There is a movie out about when Oscar Robertson(The Big O) was in high school,has anybody seen it?

I can`t remember the name off hand.

There is a movie out about when Oscar Robertson(The Big O) was in high school,has anybody seen it?

I can`t remember the name off hand.

I would love to see it if it's any good, Oscar Robertson is one of my favorite players ever. I have never seen Hoop Dreams, but it should get Netflixxxxxxxed here tomorrow. I was somewhat disappointed by Rebound, the Earl Manigault movie. And now, I pretty much have to watch Blue Chips. Dammit.

The Big O movie is called Something to cheer about (2002),looked it up on blockbuster.It `s the story of the first ever black high school team to win a state championship.

I don`t remember which year it was ,but I seem to have it in my head that Oscar AVERAGED a triple double one year!!!Unheard of.

Did anyone here watch The White Shadow?

I was in high school when it was on,and I am thinking it was on Friday night,the same night we had games,so didn`t get to watch it that much.

The Big O movie is called Something to cheer about (2002),looked it up on blockbuster.It `s the story of the first ever black high school team to win a state championship.

I don`t remember which year it was ,but I seem to have it in my head that Oscar AVERAGED a triple double one year!!!Unheard of.

Yeah, he did. He could have scored a lot more than he did but was still up around 30, I believe. Magic Johnson and then some.

I would love to see it if it's any good, Oscar Robertson is one of my favorite players ever. I have never seen Hoop Dreams, but it should get Netflixxxxxxxed here tomorrow. I was somewhat disappointed by Rebound, the Earl Manigault movie. And now, I pretty much have to watch Blue Chips. Dammit.

I'll bet basketballcountry's paystub/food stamps on this: there is no way that Don Cheadle could grab quarters off the top of a backboard.

Did anyone here watch The White Shadow?

I was in high school when it was on,and I am thinking it was on Friday night,the same night we had games,so didn`t get to watch it that much.

I used to watch the White Shadow. Now that I know its available on DVD I will get it for my son to watch when he gets a little older.