Who's going to the Volleyball tournament?

I was curious if any billikens.commers are going to be at the ladies volleyball tournament this weekend. I won't be able to make it to the friday session but i will be there all day saturday. I'm glad they decided to move it to the main gym.

MICDS is bringing a contingent of about 60 people, and I gave my tickets to one of our posters whose handle I've forgotten...he doesn't post much... The west coast calls.

OH GET OVER YOUR BULL SH** BASKETBALL FLOOR!

I'm so tired of hearing about that crap! This will not be a one time event. This volleyball team has a real shot at breaking into the top 25. Something that our precious basketball team has done in a blue moon!

The men's basketball fans are the ones paying the freight for the building. I think we earned the right to ***** about what might happen to the court.

We were always told that the volleyball team would be playing on the main court so why be surprised. They can put in the necessary anchors a couple of ways -1. if the floor comes up in sections they can design the breaks to be such that the section with the anchors can be removed and a sold piece replaces it. 2 they can inset the anchor holes and then plug them and nobody would even know they were there. I would not worry about this issue. Good luck to the team this weekend.

We were always told that the volleyball team would be playing on the main court so why be surprised. They can put in the necessary anchors a couple of ways -1. if the floor comes up in sections they can design the breaks to be such that the section with the anchors can be removed and a sold piece replaces it. 2 they can inset the anchor holes and then plug them and nobody would even know they were there. I would not worry about this issue. Good luck to the team this weekend.

-i don't remember it that way cheese.

-i remember being told the vball team would play in the practice gym with bleachers

-i would prefer, if that has not been noticed already, the bball floor to be unadulterated

-but i certainly wish for success for all billiken sports and athletes

OH GET OVER YOUR BULL SH** BASKETBALL FLOOR!

I'm so tired of hearing about that crap! This will not be a one time event. This volleyball team has a real shot at breaking into the top 25. Something that our precious basketball team has done in a blue moon!

-the marque events in the arena will take place on the bull**** bball floor

-did i miss all of the previous references to the bull**** bball floor that are making you so tired of hearing about it? as i really don't remember any

This topic has been discussed since the first brick of the arena was put into place.

i guess my memory is worse than i thought

damn, and all along i thought it was a basketball arena with a basketball floor

so what vball player or coach are you doing or is someone a relative (which does not necessarily rule out the former depending on where you are from)?

I'm sure they already had it done to the floor. Who knows they may not even have the basketball hardwood out they may have SportCourt.

when i was on the bull**** bball court at (insert expletive) bball seat selection there were no accomodations in the bull**** bball court at that time for vball

We were always told that the volleyball team would be playing on the main court so why be surprised.

That is incorrect. We have been told all along that the volleyball team would be playing on the practice gym only. Not that I have a problem with them playing on the main floor. I'm sure there are several programs bigger than ours whose teams share facilities..

I dont see what the big deal is...obviously the athletic department isnt worried about it. They obviously have the capabilities to put a volleyball net on the main floor, I doubt that they never considered putting volleyball there. Dont worry about the precious basketball floor Im sure the ball will still bounce come basketball season.

Also I paid for seasons tickets as well so you can count me among those "paying the freight"

as long as it doesnt interfere with the men's basketball team maximizing their use of chaifetz, i think any and all student activities/sports should use that court as much as possible.

no way a 4 inch in diameter steel plug in the court is going to matter. let em play.

I dont see what the big deal is...obviously the athletic department isnt worried about it. They obviously have the capabilities to put a volleyball net on the main floor, I doubt that they never considered putting volleyball there. Dont worry about the precious basketball floor Im sure the ball will still bounce come basketball season.

Also I paid for seasons tickets as well so you can count me among those "paying the freight"

I don't really have a problem with it as long as we don't end up with volleyball court lines on the floor. I did have a problem with the enough of the bull**** line. People who are paying for the new building should have a right to ***** about if they want to.

I just read the thread, which has gotten pretty big. The probable reason for using the main court is that this is a big time invitational tournament in round robin format, with 3 sessions. I have the all sports ticket which is a great bargain, if you want to see some women's hoops, both soccers, volleyball...135/yr extra and...10, count'em extra BC points.

SLU

William & Mary (Not the saints)

Illinois

Stanford