First game at New Arena

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If The bills could play anybody they wanted to open the new Arena. Who would you want it to be? I'm not sure if i would want a sure win, a spirited game against a local rival or a Duke/NC type. I guess a win over Mizzou would be my choice.

Iwould think that you would want a game that you know you will win. The 1st game will sell out the arena no matter what, give the people a win. So yeah, I guess Mizzou would have been a good choice. :P

If The bills could play anybody they wanted to open the new Arena. Who would you want it to be? I'm not sure if i would want a sure win, a spirited game against a local rival or a Duke/NC type. I guess a win over Mizzou would be my choice.

A win over a local rival would be nice. I take any of Missouri, SIU-c, or Mo. State.

Down at Mo State, we have Arkansas opening up our new arena in November. They also were the first visting team in Hammons student center when it opened up and we were D-2 at the time.

So whats the word on our next game together, is it this year or next year.

Down at Mo State, we have Arkansas opening up our new arena in November. They also were the first visting team in Hammons student center when it opened up and we were D-2 at the time.

So whats the word on our next game together, is it this year or next year.

According to the M.S.U. schedule printed in the Post-Dispatch the Bills and M.S.U. will not be playing this season.

That's true, they will be the first exhibition. Is Phil Hunt still involved with the team over there?

Yes, coach Hunt is the lead assistant. He used last season's finish in the top half of the conference (a first for the program), to bring in a very nice recruiting class. Notable recruits include:

6'6 forward Elliott Black

and

6'3 combo guard Rob Mumphard

Adding Marquette HS guard Chad Haley was also a last minute steal.

Yes, coach Hunt is the lead assistant. He used last season's finish in the top half of the conference (a first for the program), to bring in a very nice recruiting class. Notable recruits include:

6'6 forward Elliott Black

and

6'3 combo guard Rob Mumphard

Adding Marquette HS guard Chad Haley was also a last minute steal.

Phil's a great guy. I loved seeing him get more playing time his junior year and then get a scholarship his senior year. He was part of some big-time plays, too (who could forget the tip-in vs. Houston in that last-minute senior night comeback?). I wish him all the best at H-S, and he seems to be doing a great job there.

I guess you missed the bad joke.

I got the joke.

Sincerely,

Junior High

Landing Chad Haley is a HUGE 'get' for H-S. I'm impressed.

If Elliot Black can guard people in that conference, then he's much improved.

I got the joke.

Sincerely,

Junior High

Landing Chad Haley is a HUGE 'get' for H-S. I'm impressed.

If Elliot Black can guard people in that conference, then he's much improved.

I think Haley's gonna play a lot, possibly even start from day one. I wouldnt put too much into his performance against SLU, because Lisch, Liddell, Eckerle, and John are supposed to be better than him because they're D1, but I expect him to be successful against the NAIA and D2 competition.

A couple other scheduling tidbits as well:

1) It looks like the BC game will be on a Saturday night in December. Undoubtedly to give our young guys more time to get their feet wet.

2) As speculated, the series with Missouri State is off a year and will resume next year at home ... which is good and bad because we will now have two home games with SIU-C and Missouri State one year and then both games will be away the next year and so on. I liked it better when we had one on the road and one at home every year.

3) They are trying to set-up a series with Nebraska. Georgetown as well, but for the future.

4) The home schedule will be rather soft this year (Savannah State, MD Baltimore County, Nicholls State, etc.) in an effort to get the guys off to a good start. They would like to at least make the NIT and get some post-season experience to build from.

I am hearing Nicholls State for the opening game for the new arena. Certainly not an exciting choice, but a game we should win.

Should be a good game. They only lost to NC by 10 last year and it was a closer game than that. They are young and have a 6'5'' Freshman swingman who could give TL fits. I would not be surprised to see them in the tourney this year.

I don't get the whole "off year" for the Missouri State series. We should be playing them every year.

we are definitely back to the slu "cia" methods of what information is available to us the fans again. sighhh..