FWIW: Paducah outlet reporting Harrellson to SLU

moytoy12

Amen to that. All these same BS stories have a 50% chance of being right so why not just throw it out there.

Sounds like the guy that provided the audio yesterday talked to him again today and JH plans to announce his decision tomorrow.

Here's another "I just heard he committed to SLU."

Again, it's probably b.s., but from the thread below it appears JH has made his decision, but will wait to announce it. Is it leaking out that he committed to SLU...? One can only hope.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid...888&style=2

FWIW, the guy that posted this most recent "i heard he committed to SLU" has 4300+ posts so he doesn't appear to be some thread flamer.

here is the link from catspause.com

I don't believe the report myself, but just passing along info.

Just out of curiosity, what Paducah outlet is reporting it? I just checked their NBC affiliate and the Paducah Sun, and no mention. Was it just on the radio or something?

Just out of curiosity, what Paducah outlet is reporting it? I just checked their NBC affiliate and the Paducah Sun, and no mention. Was it just on the radio or something?

Channel 6...WSPD or something like that I think. I checked the webpage and there was nothing on it.

Here's another "I just heard he committed to SLU."

Again, it's probably b.s., but from the thread below it appears JH has made his decision, but will wait to announce it. Is it leaking out that he committed to SLU...? One can only hope.

If these reports are true, we can give Mrs. Harrellson a lot of the thanks. She is Josh's number 1 fan and really gets in to the game. I've thought all along this was our edge over Kentucky.

here is the link from catspause.com

I don't believe the report myself, but just passing along info.

It should be obvious after reading through the UK threads that nothing is done yet. We will all know tomorrow and likely nobody will know besides maybe josh until tomorrow.

From Kentucky.com (http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/389879.html):

Harrellson still weighing options

Junior college prospect Josh Harrellson is feeling "quite confused and torn" about his college choice.

Harrellson, a 6-foot-9 power player for Southwestern Illinois College, visited St. Louis this past weekend. He also has visited Kentucky.

"When I went to Kentucky, I loved it," he said on Monday. "I was ready to commit.

"When I went to St. Louis, I loved it a lot."

So Harrellson said he would "do research" on the two programs this week before making a decision. He will look at such factors as the coaches, playing time and what players the programs might try to recruit next year.

"It will come down to the coaches," he said before adding, "distance might play a key factor."

St. Louis is about a 30-minute drive from his home. UK is about five hours away. Harrellson cited "family problems" that might cause him to stay closer to home.

Tradition and status clearly weigh heavily in Kentucky's favor.

"I would love to be able to tell my kids that I played for Kentucky," Harrellson said. "That would be great."

I have to give him credit for being so contientious about his decision; he sounds pretty genuinely torn about it.

According to Bernie M, Josh is still undecided and Majerus is giving him his space to decide. Sounds like this is the complete opposite approach that Billy G and UK are using.

so what you are saying is that there is a dueling banjos convention outside the Harrellson household!

Posted Image

I think that majerus is doing whats right in this situation. I think if Billy G keeps nagging at JH he's going to say screw you and pick SLU

When does the Spring signing period end? Have no info, but have to assume both Billie G and RM have back-up plans for Josh. Neither wants to wait until the end and then lose their back-up. Like everything, this decision will not only affect which school Josh goes to but also these back-ups as well as the other schools these back-ups are holding up.

Come to a place where the students can spell Josh

Sean Carson Chambliss (Kentucky) wrote

at 2:37pm

Lets hope you make the right decision man! they already love you hear in lexington.

They certainly won't "love" him if he doesn't go there. In fact look at some of the comments on the board. I hope Josh is reading them. Some of them are already starting to turn on him. Questioning how good he is, one guy says he'll only play a couple minutes/game, others were saying he would be easily recruited over and another guy says JH is no better than one of their walk-ons. Many of them say JH is not a good athlete.