Early-Season Tournament for SLU?

Pistol

Has anyone heard if SLU will be in one of those early-season tournaments this year? I thought I remember hearing something a while back, but couldn't find proof online anywhere. I did some homework on the big ones, and this is what I found so far for 2008 lineups:

Puerto Rico Tip-Off

Missouri

Xavier

Virginia Tech

USC

4 others I can't find, possibly to be announced

Las Vegas Invitational

Kentucky

Iowa

West Virginia

Kansas State

SEMO

Oakland

Longwood

Delaware State

Maui Invitational

Chaminade

UNC

Indiana

Texas

Notre Dame

Oregon

St. Joe's

Alabama

Paradise Jam

Wisconsin

UConn

LaSalle

Valpo

Miami

Southern Miss

Iona

San Diego

NIT Season Tip-Off*

Oklahoma

Purdue

Arizona

Boston College

*These 4 are "regional hosts," with the three other teams in each region TBD.

I can't find anything on the 2008 lineup for the Great Alaska Shootout- doesn't look like it's out yet. Could SLU possibly be in the GAS? Are there other big early-season tourneys that I've forgotten?

Not listed on the Old Spice Classic at Disney World, there's one team still TBD in addition to the following...

Gonzaga

Maryland

Tennessee

Michigan State

OK State

Siena

Wichita State

The last one is Memphis. There's a nice exclamation point for that lineup. Nice field- arguably the strongest of all of them, maybe a slight notch down from the Maui Invitational this year.

Anyway, I guess it's not looking good for SLU as far as season-starting trips go. I'm not sure if we're eligible to do another tour of Europe or Canada- what's the rule on that now? I'm pretty sure we can do it this year if the opportunity presents itself.

Any idea who is going to be in the CBE Classic next year? That wouldn't be a bad early season tournament for us next year. Just a short drive across the state to the new Sprint Center.

Last years bracket

http://www.gazellegroup.com/guardians/cbebracket07.pdf

2006's bracket

http://www.gazellegroup.com/guardians/bracket06.pdf

I recall someone posting he was trying to get us into a tourney or a tour of Canada, which would allow him to practice w/ the team way ahead of 10/15. Any truth to that? I'd rather see us do that than enter a regular season thing.

I recall someone posting he was trying to get us into a tourney or a tour of Canada, which would allow him to practice w/ the team way ahead of 10/15. Any truth to that? I'd rather see us do that than enter a regular season thing.

That would be hard to do with only 4 players. Summer tours can only use existing players not players coming in.

That would be hard to do with only 4 players. Summer tours can only use existing players not players coming in.

They do them after school starts so everyone can play and practice....plus I believe you get 10 extra days of practice here before you go....

alot of teams try to do them the first week of October....