Future Bill's in Riverwar!!

JLS

RC is a pitbull with range. KC needs to hit that weight room. BT is a monster. FJ glides.

Agree on RC - pray he qualifies. He can be an outstanding A10 guard.

Kyle is small, thin, and will not be able to create his own shot.

Thompson is big and muscular. He'll do well, in time.

John does glide. He'll also be solid in time.

RC was awesome.

All the other SLU recruits were kind of Disappointing....... I would be pumped if I was an SIU fan though.

RC was awesome.

All the other SLU recruits were kind of Disappointing....... I would be pumped if I was an SIU fan though.

I think this is the worst kind of game possible to get a feeling for what Kyle Cassity might bring to the table.

I think this is the worst kind of game possible to get a feeling for what Kyle Cassity might bring to the table.

Yes, I should have added a sentence to my terse description. He was recruited to be a shooter, and this type of game is based on speed, muscle and NOT shooting. His recruitment proved he can be a good player.

Several years ago my son played for a WV all-star team that beat an Ohio all-star team that had 6 to 8 DI players. WV had only 2 DI players but won both games because Ohio never got their bigs involved. These games are typically run and gun and guard oriented. The coaches get the kids a couple of days prior to the game and put in some basic plays. You certainly can't make much of a judgement on who will do what at the next level with this kind of set-up. Enjoy the action but don't make the mistake of concluding much from these type of games.

kassity is not a one on one street player. but in a real game scenario, he is the player i most believe will "get it" and be extremely effective. that may not translate into ppg but watching rickma utilize his roster this past season i will be surprised if it doesnt translate into mpg. if he liked eckerle he is going to love cassity.

kassity is not a one on one street player. but in a real game scenario, he is the player i most believe will "get it" and be extremely effective. that may not translate into ppg but watching rickma utilize his roster this past season i will be surprised if it doesnt translate into mpg. if he liked eckerle he is going to love cassity.

I agree. Cassity didn't look out of place out there. He looked like he had the skills to play, but it was anything but a team game.

I agree completely with you Brian. Cassity is a team oriented player, playing in a game last night, where no one wantd to pass the ball. That said Cotto showed amazing range and confidence with his shot, I also liked the way BT moved and carried himself on the floor. Again, there was no attempt to get the ball inside to him.

From Nate's article published in Scout>

"The Illinois all-stars led 97-96 with 1 minute, 24 seconds remaining"

"In the second game, the I-70 Showdown, the St. Louis boys all-stars defeated the Kansas City all-stars 102-96".

Wow! Seems like you guys witnessed intense defensive battles <_<

These games are meaningless on how they will do on discipline well coordinated basketball team that RM plans to put on the floor. So I would not worry on how KC performed.