SLU at Charlotte TV- For Out of Towners

For the out of towners, the SLU at Charlotte game is listed as being on Comcast Sports Network West (CSNW), DirecTV Channel 656.

The game starts at 7:00 Eastern, 6:00 Central, 4:00 Pacific on Saturday.

As much as the TV deal has been criticized, in reality, a significantly greater number of SLU games have been available somewhere up there since the A-10-CSTV deal was made, especially this year.

For the out of towners, the SLU at Charlotte game is listed as being on Comcast Sports Network West (CSNW), DirecTV Channel 656.

The game starts at 7:00 Eastern, 6:00 Central, 4:00 Pacific on Saturday.

As much as the TV deal has been criticized, in reality, a significantly greater number of SLU games have been available somewhere up there since the A-10-CSTV deal was made, especially this year.

I am in St. Louis and have Direct TV so I will see it, but overall, the SLU TV package is inadequate, hurts fan interest and recruiting. MU kills us with their coverage.

I am in St. Louis and have Direct TV so I will see it, but overall, the SLU TV package is inadequate, hurts fan interest and recruiting. MU kills us with their coverage.

I can see that having the games on Charter perhaps might have helped visibility in the STL Metro Area that had Charter, but that was it. Everyone else that didn't have Charter, including places in Downstate Illinois outside the Metro East and out state Missouri, were virtually shut out. For instance, my Mom in Quincy, IL is a Billiken fan, but has rarely gotten to see the Billikens at all for years, and that is still the case for her because she does not have DirecTV.

Now with the CSTV Regional deal, some of those games are on Channel 11 in the St. Louis market.

Now where the work is needed is getting more non-conference SLU games on TV.

What would be even better is if the SLU games could somehow return to Fox Sports Midwest, which would be the best for all concerned, STL cable subscribers, Midwest cable subscribers, and DirecTV subscribers. Xavier has that grandfathered in with Fox Sports Ohio and Fox Sports Cincinnati.

I can see that having the games on Charter perhaps might have helped visibility in the STL Metro Area that had Charter, but that was it. Everyone else that didn't have Charter, including places in Downstate Illinois outside the Metro East and out state Missouri, were virtually shut out. For instance, my Mom in Quincy, IL is a Billiken fan, but has rarely gotten to see the Billikens at all for years, and that is still the case for her because she does not have DirecTV.

Now with the CSTV Regional deal, some of those games are on Channel 11 in the St. Louis market.

What would be even better is if the SLU games could somehow return to Fox Sports Midwest, which would be the best for all concerned, STL cable subscribers, Midwest cable subscribers, and DirecTV subscribers. Xavier has that grandfathered in with Fox Sports Ohio and Fox Sports Cincinnati.

bay i had never thought of this because i am (disgruntled) a charter subscriber. the real villain should be charter. why dont they have CSTV on their channels? why wouldnt they negotiate with CSTV to continue the games on ccin?

personally i an anxiously awaiting AT&T debuting U-verse TV in my neighborhood so i can dump charter on all fronts.

There's nothing for us with Time Warner- CSTV is useless here. I can't get a dish because of apartment rules, so there's no other option. I only get to see the games when they're on the ESPN networks.

The CSTV Regional games are syndicated. Deals are being made to get those games on TV in the various markets. For instance, the SLU v. Charlotte game is supposed to be on the Time Warner cable outlet in the Carolinas and is on Channel 11 in St. Louis.

If SLU hoops can get elevated to the level that many nationally expect, then hopefully a Fox Sports Midwest will see fit to bid for the SLU games.

Looking ahead, the SLU at Duquesne game on Mar. 8 is to be televised on Fox Sports Net Pittsburgh, DirecTV Channel 628.

bay i had never thought of this because i am (disgruntled) a charter subscriber. the real villain should be charter. why dont they have CSTV on their channels? why wouldnt they negotiate with CSTV to continue the games on ccin?

personally i an anxiously awaiting AT&T debuting U-verse TV in my neighborhood so i can dump charter on all fronts.

Agreed re Charter. If Time Warner can carry the Charlotte games on its cable channel, then why can't Charter carry the SLU games on its cable channel? Either that, or get a deal worked with another station that is on Charter. Something like that was evidently worked out this season with Channel 11 for some of the games.

At one time in Quincy, IL, Quincy had both Channel 5 and Channel 11 from St. Louis on its cable system at the times when those stations carried the SLU games. So the SLU fans in Quincy (and there are some and some alumni) got to see many SLU games, especially in the Spoonball days. Then the Quincy cable system dropped first Channel 5 and then Channel 11, which has outraged Cardinal baseball fans. Couple that with the radio games being moved off KMOX, and those in places like Quincy, who do not have DirecTV or are not computer savvy enough to hear the internet streams, are completely shut out.

I still think the ultimate solution for all is to get the SLU games back on Fox Sports Midwest.

Caveat: When I say to get the games back on Fox Sports Midwest, I would want that through the CSTV deal. What I don't want to see happen is the SLU games get put somewhere and then be blacked out in other parts of the country.

Believe me, it is a real downer when you sit down to watch a game, and it is blacked out for some reason. Last year's SLU at Texas A&M game was blacked out out here, not that that one proved to be worth watching.

Believe it or not, there are folks out here that have actually started following the Billikens. There is something about the combination of Coach Majerus, the Billiken nickname, and the undersized but hustling team that intrigues some people. I've actually had a guy ask me if I could get him a SLU T-Shirt. People all the time ask me how the Billikens are doing.

People tell me they've see SLU play on TV, in California of all places.

Yeah, I have been able to see more games than ever the past two years. For selfish reasons, I hate home games. SLU is the only school in the league who doesn't stream video of it's games.

when thinking of charter remember they dropped cbs as a high definition station because they wouldnt pony the extra money cbs asked for to show high def cbs. last year we missed a lot of the best sports events on high definition due to that.

This is a little off topic but what station is going to be carrying the A-10 tournament? I remember listening to the games online because they were during the work week. I know the GW game was on tv but i dont remember which station carried it.

This is a little off topic but what station is going to be carrying the A-10 tournament? I remember listening to the games online because they were during the work week. I know the GW game was on tv but i dont remember which station carried it.

The A-10 AC Wednesday is not on TV. Thursday will be on several regional sports stations. The first three games (not the late game) will be on Sportsnet New York which is on DirecTV (SNY). Both Friday games will be on multiple regional sports channels but again for DirecTV people on SNY. The final will be ESPN flagship. I will be in AC for the Billiken games personally.

when thinking of charter remember they dropped cbs as a high definition station because they wouldnt pony the extra money cbs asked for to show high def cbs. last year we missed a lot of the best sports events on high definition due to that.

They also don't carry the NFL channel for the same reason.