OT: Larry Hughes, Marshall Faulk, Nelly, D. Miles open sports bar on the Landing

Box and Won

With Miles and Hughes involved it is sure to be overpriced and will leave you disappointed.

i am a huge fan of hughes and miles, but that is one hillarious line brian! :lol:

i am a huge fan of hughes and miles, but that is one hillarious line brian! :lol:

I am a big Larry fan, too. I think playing out of posistion and injuries have really taken a toll on what he could have been in the NBA.

With Miles I am not as big of a fan. I think is says a lot about how he is viewed now when his team decides not to activate him when he is healthy. He has a ton of talent, but his head has never in the right place.

I am a big Larry fan, too. I think playing out of posistion and injuries have really taken a toll on what he could have been in the NBA.

With Miles I am not as big of a fan. I think is says a lot about how he is viewed now when his team decides not to activate him when he is healthy. He has a ton of talent, but his head has never in the right place.

no argument there. some people are just born knuckleheads. and failing in college wasnt going to change that. but man did he ever have some mad athletic talent. unbelieveable.

Do you think one year at St. John's would have been good for Miles? Would he even have been eligible? I'm just curious to get people's thoughts on this because so many guys who jumped straight to the league could have benefited from a year or two at the NCAA level, but what about a guy who went #3 overall and might not have been academically eligible anyway?

Do you think one year at St. John's would have been good for Miles? Would he even have been eligible? I'm just curious to get people's thoughts on this because so many guys who jumped straight to the league could have benefited from a year or two at the NCAA level, but what about a guy who went #3 overall and might not have been academically eligible anyway?

There is no way Miles should have ever walked away from that kind of many. I will never fault him for that.

There is no way Miles should have ever walked away from that kind of many. I will never fault him for that.

A guy with a net worth of around 45 mil is considered a failure..........yeah I think he made the right choice.

I one time saw Darius Miles wearing a diamond encrusted HOODIE... did you know those existed?

This is one of Darius Miles' cars.... not even joking.

Posted Image

i have long been a proponent that if a kid isnt true college academic material he/she has no business being in college just to play sports. imo, darius miles is a perfect example of that. for him to go through a sham year of college doesnt prepare him for anything. but it does take about $3,000,000 out of his career earnings that he will never get back and risks injury that might limit his earnings even more.

colleges shouldnt be the minor leagues for the nfl and nba. and the fact the colleges allow themselves to be used as such has long astonished me. fans dont watch college sports for the individual athletes first and foremost. if they wanted to see the best athletes they would watch the pro version even more intently. yet you hear all the time people proclaim they hate the nba but love the college game. why? because they likely think there is still some sort of "purity" or at least more so that the college game possesses that the pro game sold out long ago. and i truly believe the closer the college game can come to actually achieving that subconscience belief the more the fans will love it.

i have long been a proponent that if a kid isnt true college academic material he/she has no business being in college just to play sports. imo, darius miles is a perfect example of that. for him to go through a sham year of college doesnt prepare him for anything. but it does take about $3,000,000 out of his career earnings that he will never get back and risks injury that might limit his earnings even more.

colleges shouldnt be the minor leagues for the nfl and nba. and the fact the colleges allow themselves to be used as such has long astonished me. fans dont watch college sports for the individual athletes first and foremost. if they wanted to see the best athletes they would watch the pro version even more intently. yet you hear all the time people proclaim they hate the nba but love the college game. why? because they likely think there is still some sort of "purity" or at least more so that the college game possesses that the pro game sold out long ago. and i truly believe the closer the college game can come to actually achieving that subconscience belief the more the fans will love it.

I agree with you guys- he didn't have any business going to college. I just wonder how it would have affected his game. He's had stretches where he's played very well but has never been more than a contributing role player at best. That's disappointing for a #3 pick. Disappointing for the fans, anyway- I don't think he goes home to cry all over his piles of cash.