Video of Ruben Cotto

davidnark

thanks david. a couple of things i want to point out so when you watch the video you will see. the two steals by cotto near the beginning ot the two quarters were the back breakers in the game and that up and under finish of the second one was spectacular stuff.

also pay attention to the no look pass cotto makes in the lane with about 43 seconds to go in the game. (the camera shows the scoreboard right after he made that pass) that pass was awesome. but he surprised his own teamate and hit him in the face with it.

last, you might want to pay attention to #32 on the west team. that is danny lisch, kevin's brother.

plus, #42 on the west team is justin clayborne, a 6'5" sophomore that i think has a lot of potential. he doesnt have a particularly standout performance in this game, but keep in mind he is only a sophomore, he is 6'5" and he plays the point most of this video. i think he has a lot of potential to turn into a player. obviously raw yet. but someone i hope the billikens are following.

Those who suggest that he is lazy on D might be on to something. At least in this video, he definitely looked like he will need to pick up his D if he wants to play for RM.

He does gamble a lot, and this gambling only pays off against lower competition.

He surely will not be able to get away with that next year, no matter who he plays for.

Is there any update on his recruiting?

He does gamble a lot, and this gambling only pays off against lower competition.

He surely will not be able to get away with that next year, no matter who he plays for.

Is there any update on his recruiting?

we should wait till he qualifies?

Word is that Danny Lisch is going to Fontbonne (D-III). I think an announcment is supposed to be out soon.

i have heard the same.

i think danny has a lot of potential and thought maybe he might have went to a juco first just to see if he might get better. however the fact he has a very good academic record that doesnt make a lot of sense either.

i have heard the same.

i think danny has a lot of potential and thought maybe he might have went to a juco first just to see if he might get better. however the fact he has a very good academic record that doesnt make a lot of sense either.

Rusty hasn't had to pay a cent for any of his kids to go to college. He should buck up and send Danny to SLU as a walkon. C'mon Roy, you got some pull with the family. Time to start whispering in his ear...

Then neither does going to Fontbonne :unsure:

while fontbonne is not wash u academically, it definitely doesnt sink to the remedial atmosphere of the typical Juco either.

Rusty hasn't had to pay a cent for any of his kids to go to college. He should buck up and send Danny to SLU as a walkon. C'mon Roy, you got some pull with the family. Time to start whispering in his ear...

i have not talked to the Lisch family about daniel's plans, but if you notice, they have all ended up at a school that maximized their chances to play and significantly immediately while providing a decent college education as well. considering what we have returning and what is coming, daniel isnt going to play immediately at slu.

i have not talked to the Lisch family about daniel's plans, but if you notice, they have all ended up at a school that maximized their chances to play and significantly immediately while providing a decent college education as well. considering what we have returning and what is coming, daniel isnt going to play immediately at slu.

Was Wash U an option for him? If I were going to play D-III, had a good academic background, and wanted to stay relatively local, I would get a world class education in addition.

Was Wash U an option for him? If I were going to play D-III, had a good academic background, and wanted to stay relatively local, I would get a world class education in addition.

i know from personal experience (my daughter wants to attend wash u for engineering) that wash u gives absolutely zero favors for athletes in selecting their students. while being d-3 means they cant give athletic scholarships, one would think they might use athletics as a sort of "tie breaker". the coaches there will tell you that is absolutely not the case. you have to get in on purely academic merits and then talk to the athletic dept. considering it takes about a 31 to even get considered for admission to wash u let alone financial assistance, wash u is not an easy get for even very good students. only the best of the best get to go to wash u.

i will say though, those standards have been an excellent class room and ACT motivator for my daughter's college quest thus far. :unsure:

Absolutely...we should all be so lucky. But that doesn't help our walk-on situation...

what we have to find are some 6'8" paul eckerle's that are more interested in med school etc than playing basketball at say evansville. my guess is that isnt an easy find.