I closed the Burke thread

SluSignGuy

I didn't read the whole thing until just now. I think it is better to be closed than to have debates regarding faith and religion on here.

Apologies if you disagree.

I am although still curious about the $650,000 figure.

I didn't read the whole thing until just now. I think it is better to be closed than to have debates regarding faith and religion on here.

Apologies if you disagree.

I am although still curious about the $650,000 figure.

can I say that I thiunk Majerus is jjust doing this tp get put of his contract

can I say that I thiunk Majerus is jjust doing this tp get put of his contract

I doubt that. If Majerus wants to leave, I don't think he would pull a stunt like this just to get out.

As far as the Burke thing, Moy I didn't have a chance to respond before the thread was closed. No hard feelings as far as I'm concerned. I completely disagree with you, but such is life.

I doubt that. If Majerus wants to leave, I don't think he would pull a stunt like this just to get out.

As far as the Burke thing, Moy I didn't have a chance to respond before the thread was closed. No hard feelings as far as I'm concerned. I completely disagree with you, but such is life.

Same here Nash, no hard feelings at all.

thanks rickma for splintering the billikens.com community once again. :rolleyes:

seriously, while i think rickma should be able to believe what he wants personally, and i think slu nor the catholic church/burke has no business telling him what to personally believe, but i think to not think he is going to be viewed as a psuedo spokesman for the university is just naive.

that might not be fair, but at this point in time, maybe nobody in the st louis area is more of a national figure than rickma. he should have seen this firestorm coming before he said a word. he would have been much better off rambling into one of his "back in the day of al mcguire" stories that had nothing to do with the question than the very powerful statement he made when asked the questions.

that all said, how much longer does the catholic church put up with both burk and the eastside bishop, braxton in their respective diocese areas? my gosh, can they alienate and divide their members any more?

p.s. bonwich, i had to look up "apostate". can you dumb things down for me a little here forward. thanks in advance.

btw, i am still a card carrying billiken club member that has my scrolls from sunday hanging up at my office and my home sports bar.

I did get this info from someone closely involved with SLU athletics

Would seem awfully well-thought out to me, to the point that he would have to have asked the reporter to ask him those questions. But I wasn't there, so who knows.

I did get this info from someone closely involved with SLU athletics

I am not doubting you heard it. I just don't believe it to be true. Majerus would had to plan on Cliton being over an hour late and on O'Connell asking him those questions for that to be the case. If he wanted to get himself fired he would have stated it on his radio show.

Would seem awfully well-thought out to me, to the point that he would have to have asked the reporter to ask him those questions. But I wasn't there, so who knows.

Then demand that same reporter to go to the Archbishop and tell him what he said. Brilliant.

Perhaps the person that NH heard this from is speaking in a more general sense, i.e., Majerus is going to do some things to stir the pot that could get him out of here quicker.

I tend to disagree with this. Majerus obviously says what is on his mind and if wants to get out of this job he will come out and say it not stir the pot so he might get fired.

Not to be an ass, but I doubting you/your source. That's completely ridiculous

thats up to you. I was just passing what I heard along. I sincerely hope Majerus is the billikens coach for the next 6 or 7 years