PTI

Taj79

We made it on Pardon The Interruption on ESPN tonight. A total 90 seconds of banter. Of note, Ryan said he spoke to Majerus earlier in the year when SLU was at BC and he quoted Majerus as saying he inherited someone else's team and "his two best players don't like the way he coaches."

We made it on Pardon The Interruption on ESPN tonight. A total 90 seconds of banter. Of note, Ryan said he spoke to Majerus earlier in the year when SLU was at BC and he quoted Majerus as saying he inherited someone else's team and "his two best players don't like the way he coaches."

Nice attitude Rick. Anyone who wants to blame anyone but Majerus for last night's game is nuts.

Please explain to me how this is ALL RICK'S FAULT?

He's the leader of the team and he is running around telling people that these aren't his players. Guess what Rick you took the job and they are your players. The players aren't playing for him and with his negative attitude towards them who can blame them?

He's the leader of the team and he is running around telling people that these aren't his players. Guess what Rick you took the job and they are your players. The players aren't playing for him and with his negative attitude towards them who can blame them?

So are you saying the players are tanking the season to make Majerus look bad?

We knew when we hired RM we would be getting lots of pub, unfortunately the jokes on us today.

Not only were we on PTI, but also the show before it with the 4 sportswriters, and the 5:00 Sportscenter where they are getting their jollies over us-they keep coming back to short game clips every ten minutes or so, as we looked like a bunch of grade schoolers, joking about our complete and total ineptitude.

Meanwhile, for those of you not on the local scene, we were a major topic of conversation on the Foxhole (Noon-2) and the Roll Home (2-6) both on 1380 AM. Even Rick's "goin out to eat buddy"-Bernie M.-was joining in the negative views of RM's work so far. Pretty much the same theme from all commentators-Rick needs time, BUT no one thought it would be anywhere close to this bad. He seems to have destroyed TL & KL, 2 good players who are not even close to where they were previously. All in all a bad day for the Rickster with both shows filled with local media-3 on the Foxhole and 4 on the Roll Home, and all negative. Part of the theme was they could understand getting blown out at Kent State (every team has a bad game) and maybe even 2 bad games what with the BC debacle, but to follow those two up with this all-time modern era low score effort is just inexcusable.

One positive for me. I really believe we will defeat Dayton tomorrow night-I think too many of these kids have too much pride to lay another egg, this one in front of the home crowd.

So are you saying the players are tanking the season to make Majerus look bad?

No I don't believe the players are tanking I just don't think they have the attitude or commitment they need to compete at this level. It doesn't take much to drag a team like this down.

We knew when we hired RM we would be getting lots of pub, unfortunately the jokes on us today.

Not only were we on PTI, but also the show before it with the 4 sportswriters, and the 5:00 Sportscenter where they are getting their jollies over us-they keep coming back to short game clips every ten minutes or so, as we looked like a bunch of grade schoolers, joking about our complete and total ineptitude.

Meanwhile, for those of you not on the local scene, we were a major topic of conversation on the Foxhole (Noon-2) and the Roll Home (2-6) both on 1380 AM. Even Rick's "goin out to eat buddy"-Bernie M.-was joining in the negative views of RM's work so far. Pretty much the same theme from all commentators-Rick needs time, BUT no one thought it would be anywhere close to this bad. He seems to have destroyed TL & KL, 2 good players who are not even close to where they were previously. All in all a bad day for the Rickster with both shows filled with local media-3 on the Foxhole and 4 on the Roll Home, and all negative. Part of the theme was they could understand getting blown out at Kent State (every team has a bad game) and maybe even 2 bad games what with the BC debacle, but to follow those two up with this all-time modern era low score effort is just inexcusable.

One positive for me. I really believe we will defeat Dayton tomorrow night-I think too many of these kids have too much pride to lay another egg, this one in front of the home crowd.

On Slaten's show they compared RM to Mike Kennan. Little early for that.

No I don't believe the players are tanking I just don't think they have the attitude or commitment they need to compete at this level. It doesn't take much to drag a team like this down.

Soooo the players don't have the attitude or commitment to compete at this level, but this drubbing was Ricks fault? Makes sense...

Soooo the players don't have the attitude or commitment to compete at this level, but this drubbing was Ricks fault? Makes sense...

Did you miss the part about them getting the attitude from Majerus' negative attitude or did you just ignore that part?

Did you miss the part about them getting the attitude from Majerus' negative attitude or did you just ignore that part?

What part did you say they get that from Rick? Him having a "negative attitude", your words not mine, make them not play for him? How does that work? Have they never been criticized before? I am sure they have, because these guys are far from perfect. Sounds like a weak bunch to me. Maybe Harris Stowe has an opening for Tommie and pals. I am still confused how 15% shooting in Rick's fault as well. That seemed to be the biggest problem. Not making shots.

As far as I am concerned, they have a $30,000/year job with a pretty solid expense account. Grow up, grow a pair, and act like adults. If this is the worst boss they ever have, I would say theyll be pretty lucky. If they don't like it, go elsewhere.

What part did you say they get that from Rick? Him having a "negative attitude", your words not mine, make them not play for him? How does that work? Have they never been criticized before? I am sure they have, because these guys are far from perfect. Sounds like a weak bunch to me. Maybe Harris Stowe has an opening for Tommie and pals. I am still confused how 15% shooting in Rick's fault as well. That seemed to be the biggest problem. Not making shots.

As far as I am concerned, they have a $30,000/year job with a pretty solid expense account. Grow up, grow a pair, and act like adults. If this is the worst boss they ever have, I would say theyll be pretty lucky. If they don't like it, go elsewhere.

Interesting how you want to hold the student athletes responsilbe not the coach making a million dollars a year who is complaining about his players. Not really interesting, pathetic actually.

jmm, i dont think anyone is saying rickma cant criticize his players or discipline them. no coach can coach without some degree of negative feedback along with positive. but does it have to be in the news every time we open a paper, website turn on a tv or radio? cant he keep it amongst the team?

what galls me is the public attacks. now they are all step children. go read jeff gordon's column today. i am far from a fan of gordon's, but he is right on imo.

here's the link:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...18?OpenDocument

and what has amazed me most is rickma's apparent distaste to even try to coach up the squad he inherited and knew he was getting when he took the job.

Maybe BIG RICK needs to quit making excuses about everything. I am not a huge notre dame fan but you never heard Charlie Weis once this year make an excuse about his team being horrible, he put all the blame on his shoulders. Big RICK needs to quit making excuses, yesterday was his fault and this is the worst hire ever, he is past his prime, he needs to go back to WISCONSIN andeat seem more cheese

Interesting how you want to hold the student athletes responsilbe not the coach making a million dollars a year who is complaining about his players. Not really interesting, pathetic actually.

So because Majerus is making a million a year, he is supposed to wipe these guys asses for them? What if he made 25,000 a year? Would he not be held as liable?

I am not holding Majerus blameless. But on the issue of Players v. Majerus, I will side with the guy who has won something before, not the players who have won 0 before.

The players are the ones who need to make baskets. Majerus can coach until hes purple in the face, but if they dont master the art of putting ball through rim...

Blaming Majerus for all that ails this team is absolutely ridiculous. To think this team would be any better record wise under any other coach this side of Phil Jackson is foolish.

The beautiful thing about all of this is no matter if you lose by 100, 1, 30, or score only 20 points, it still counts as just 1 loss.

jmm, i dont think anyone is saying rickma cant criticize his players or discipline them. no coach can coach without some degree of negative feedback along with positive. but does it have to be in the news every time we open a paper, website turn on a tv or radio? cant he keep it amongst the team?

what galls me is the public attacks. now they are all step children. go read jeff gordon's column today. i am far from a fan of gordon's, but he is right on imo.

here's the link:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...18?OpenDocument

and what has amazed me most is rickma's apparent distaste to even try to coach up the squad he inherited and knew he was getting when he took the job.

That is a very good article and exactly what I am talking about. That type of stuff from a head coach is absolutely poison to a team. For him to make those kind of comments after his team has just set a record for lack of scoring against a bad GW team is beyond belief.

GW had our number last year, too; we managed to win at home but this team won lost won lost for most of last season; this is a very shallow squad with

about 5 1/2 players ready to go and they don't have a jumper or ball hawk on the team. They are not deceptive players. They run right at the basket.

Rick may be teaching them lots of new things but the coaches in the A10 have seen these players for 3 years-all they had to do is study tapes.

We have to shoot 50%; if we get muscled we tend to shoot off balance and rush our shots. bad games happen and good teams come back. We certainly

are not in a losing streak. So let's expect a heavily contested game tomorrow

So Gordon has always been considered an that had it out for the Bills on this board, but now all of a sudden he's right on.

From last years game @ GW

With barely more than five minutes elapsed in the second half, Saint Louis was shooting 4-for-22 (18 percent) and had committed 17 turnovers. The Billikens finished 13-for-40 (33 percent), with many of the baskets scored in garbage time. They turned the ball over 20 times.

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) - Saint Louis could not solve a smothering Texas A&M defense in a 69-33 loss to the 12th-ranked Aggies in the championship game of the Shelby Metcalf Classic. A&M led throughout the contest and held the Billikens to their lowest point total in 55 years. After opening the season on a shooting tear, SLU hit just 20.8 percent from the field, including 14.3 percent in the first half. Sophomore Tommie Liddell led the Bills in scoring with 12 points, while Ian Vouyoukas snagged a game-high 13 rebounds

Against Mo State at home last year 31.5%

The Hawks overwhelmed the Billikens from the opening tap with aggressive, physical defense, and senior guard Chet Stachitas' trey at the halftime buzzer for a 33-14 lead put an exclamation point on SJU's domination. The Bills shot only 24 percent from the floor, went 0-of-5 from the arc and only 2-of-6 from the free throw line. The opening 20 minutes was a replay of the Bills' nightmarish 54-39 loss to St. Joe's during the regular season at Savvis Center when the Hawks held the Billikens to regular-season lows in points. field goal percentage and three-point percentage.

Against La Salle 2006

Vouyoukas led the Bills with 13 points, while Drejaj contributed 11 and Liddell posted a double-double with 11 points and 10 boards. The Bills shot only 34.5 percent from the field, 28.6 percent from the arc and 50 percent from the free throw line. Drejaj had a game-high three steals.

Against St. Joe's Reg season 2006

Saint Louis shot only 28.6 percent from the field, 9.5 percent (2-21) from the arc and 65 percent from the free throw line. The Bills were out-rebounded 32-21. It was SLU's lowest point total since scoring 38 against Marquette during the 1999-2000 season.

Bills scored 44 pts against Dayton in 2006

Must be RM's fault, couldn't have much to do with the players, not a team with Lisch and Liddell. This was the worst but it's not like it's all alone.

Too many posters here without a freaking clue.

So Gordon has always been considered an that had it out for the Bills on this board, but now all of a sudden he's right on.

With barely more than five minutes elapsed in the second half, Saint Louis was shooting 4-for-22 (18 percent) and had committed 17 turnovers. The Billikens finished 13-for-40 (33 percent), with many of the baskets scored in garbage time. They turned the ball over 20 times.

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) - Saint Louis could not solve a smothering Texas A&M defense in a 69-33 loss to the 12th-ranked Aggies in the championship game of the Shelby Metcalf Classic. A&M led throughout the contest and held the Billikens to their lowest point total in 55 years. After opening the season on a shooting tear, SLU hit just 20.8 percent from the field, including 14.3 percent in the first half. Sophomore Tommie Liddell led the Bills in scoring with 12 points, while Ian Vouyoukas snagged a game-high 13 rebounds

The Hawks overwhelmed the Billikens from the opening tap with aggressive, physical defense, and senior guard Chet Stachitas' trey at the halftime buzzer for a 33-14 lead put an exclamation point on SJU's domination. The Bills shot only 24 percent from the floor, went 0-of-5 from the arc and only 2-of-6 from the free throw line. The opening 20 minutes was a replay of the Bills' nightmarish 54-39 loss to St. Joe's during the regular season at Savvis Center when the Hawks held the Billikens to regular-season lows in points. field goal percentage and three-point percentage.

Against La Salle 2006

Vouyoukas led the Bills with 13 points, while Drejaj contributed 11 and Liddell posted a double-double with 11 points and 10 boards. The Bills shot only 34.5 percent from the field, 28.6 percent from the arc and 50 percent from the free throw line. Drejaj had a game-high three steals.

Saint Louis shot only 28.6 percent from the field, 9.5 percent (2-21) from the arc and 65 percent from the free throw line. The Bills were out-rebounded 32-21. It was SLU's lowest point total since scoring 38 against Marquette during the 1999-2000 season.

Must be RM's fault, couldn't have much to do with the players, not a team with Lisch and Liddell. This was the worst but it's not like it's all alone.

Are you freaking serious? SLU just set a NCAA record for lack of points in a game since the shot clock and you dig up this crap? THEY SCORED 20 POINTS!!! AGAINST A TERRIBLE TEAM!!! You sir are the one without a clue.

Against La Salle 2006

THAT'S 5 UGLY GAMES OVER 2 SEASONS, ONE OF WHICH WAS AGAINST A HIGHLY RANKED TEAM ON THEIR COURT...THAT A&M TEAM WOULD HAVE DESTROYED EVERY TEAM ON THIS YEAR'S SCHEDULE, INCLUDING PITT

ANOTHER OF THE 5 WE WON....ASTERISK OR NOT

WE HAVE HAD FIVE DISGUSTING GAMES IN HALF A SEASON AND OUR COACH REFUSES TO TAKE ANY BLAME IN THE MATTER....THAT BLOWS!

WE HAVE HAD FIVE DISGUSTING GAMES IN HALF A SEASON AND OUR COACH REFUSES TO TAKE ANY BLAME IN THE MATTER....THAT BLOWS!

Your sir clearly don't listen to Majerus. He said he pushed the guys too hard. He said it was his fault the guys were tired. He said he was going to try and fix it.

All you guys want to give the athletes a pass. These kids need to grow a pair and suck it up. I don't give a crap if they have their feelings hurt. This is what trying to change the culture is all about. Its horse crap that people say he is "too mean" to the players. Cry me a freaking river they are going to school for free, a position that almost all people would love to me in. If these kids can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

THAT'S 5 UGLY GAMES OVER 2 SEASONS, ONE OF WHICH WAS AGAINST A HIGHLY RANKED TEAM ON THEIR COURT...THAT A&M TEAM WOULD HAVE DESTROYED EVERY TEAM ON THIS YEAR'S SCHEDULE, INCLUDING PITT

ANOTHER OF THE 5 WE WON....ASTERISK OR NOT

Oh great, who let the retard out of his cage? Calm down Bilo.

Are you freaking serious? SLU just set a NCAA record for lack of points in a game since the shot clock and you dig up this crap? THEY SCORED 20 POINTS!!! AGAINST A TERRIBLE TEAM!!! You sir are the one without a clue.

I'm just curious but completely serious, are you slow?

I said this one was the worst, but it's not like really bad shooting games and low scoring games have been unheard of with these guys. I never gave RM a free pass. He needs to have a better feel for when to push and when to ease up. But this type of game as not been rare wih SLU with these players and a different coach, so no free pass to the players either.