PTI

Taj79

jmm, i dont think anyone is saying rickma cant criticize his players or discipline them. no coach can coach without some degree of negative feedback along with positive. but does it have to be in the news every time we open a paper, website turn on a tv or radio? cant he keep it amongst the team?

what galls me is the public attacks. now they are all step children. go read jeff gordon's column today. i am far from a fan of gordon's, but he is right on imo.

here's the link:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...18?OpenDocument

and what has amazed me most is rickma's apparent distaste to even try to coach up the squad he inherited and knew he was getting when he took the job.

-well, at least roy has turned the corner on one item and i expect that we will now see a different attitude from him on at least one subject as he says gordon is right on and since gordon is right on in roy's opinion and says this in the article - "If Majerus wants to bring in eight new players next season -– and it certainly sounds like he does -- that is his prerogative. If he wants to take some kids off scholarship or encourage them to transfer, that is his right."

-so we have roy now agreeing it it ok to go to the kids and say it maybe best for you to move on as you don't fit the system or whatever reason

-glad we got to the bottom of that one

-well, at least roy has turned the corner on one item and i expect that we will now see a different attitude from him on at least one subject as he says gordon is right on and since gordon is right on in roy's opinion and says this in the article - "If Majerus wants to bring in eight new players next season -– and it certainly sounds like he does -- that is his prerogative. If he wants to take some kids off scholarship or encourage them to transfer, that is his right."

-so we have roy now agreeing it it ok to go to the kids and say it maybe best for you to move on as you don't fit the system or whatever reason

I can't believe that the kids that are getting run off....and I believe they know they are, didn't leave at the semester.

I was wondering if anyone who was at the game had any comments. I listened on radio only. My general impression was that GW was quicker, taller, and more athletic. After the game Rick said his players tried hard and played hard. Therefore comments here about player effort seem faulty. Rick also stated the team lacked depth and a bench. I think Rick does not play the bench because they lack talent. We know Rick wants to win, so if these players showed anything they would be in the game. My impression, bottom line, is Rick is criticizing the past recruiting more than anything else. This concurs with what the consensus on the board is. I thought the IUPUI game win was the result of great coaching. This is a value judgment because Rick made adjustments in that game I did not understand. I think we have to judge Rick on his recruiting so for and on his getting the most he can out of this team. This year we have only 3 players and Luke Meyer never seems to play the 3, his position. You know we lack depth when you see TL3 playing center and Luke never at the 3.

I'm just curious but completely serious, are you slow?

I said this one was the worst, but it's not like really bad shooting games and low scoring games have been unheard of with these guys. I never gave RM a free pass. He needs to have a better feel for when to push and when to ease up. But this type of game as not been rare wih SLU with these players and a different coach, so no free pass to the players either.

Your calling me slow? This isn't just bad shooting and low scoring. This is unheard of. This is something that has never happened before not just at SLU but in any Division 1 game since the shot clock went in. Most of the examples you brought up are ridiculous they were against much tougher competition and the result was not nearly as bad as this one. SLU even won some of those games!! Just admit it was a ridiculous post and we can move on. It's ok.

you are wrong cowboy. i said all along he could coach the kids. go back and read the tommie being late strings. i said then that majerus has to be able to enforce rules, etc. i am about his public spacing and ripping of the team. that is wrong. no way he should have called them step children, or the time he said they were not winners or the multitude of nasty things he has said about the players.

you are wrong cowboy. i said all along he could coach the kids. go back and read the tommie being late strings. i said then that majerus has to be able to enforce rules, etc. i am about his public spacing and ripping of the team. that is wrong. no way he should have called them step children, or the time he said they were not winners or the multitude of nasty things he has said about the players.

-gordon said in his article it is ok for RM to take kids scholarships or go them with there maybe a better place for them

-you said his article was right on, those were the words you used, i think, right on

-so where did this misunderstanding occur?

Skip, I agree with where you come from that it is the players who must make the shots. It still doesn't make me real comfortable.

I also look at who has more of a clue on how to win college games - and RM has the edge over the players on this - with any style of play. I look at who has come closer to reaching their full potential - and in my book - it certainly is not RM and staff. Not even close.

When the coaching staff turns a two week downtime/practice block into the historical worst performance of any team in the modern shot clock era on offense, either this coaching staff is filled with geniuses, or they don't have a frickin' clue on how to assess this team. Seeing every single offensive possession during the course of our dinner at Applebee's last night really makes me wonder whether we have any asst. coaches with a sack, or whether they are all buffing and burnishing the shine on RM's beautific head.

Mr. Chaifetz is probably wondering if there will be any repeat performances like this next year in his new building.

Your calling me slow? This isn't just bad shooting and low scoring. This is unheard of. This is something that has never happened before not just at SLU but in any Division 1 game since the shot clock went in. Most of the examples you brought up are ridiculous they were against much tougher competition and the result was not nearly as bad as this one. SLU even won some of those games!! Just admit it was a ridiculous post and we can move on. It's ok.

I was wondering if you were slow because you seem to have a comprehension problem. If I reread my post I said it was the worst ... that's obvious. It's also a fact that poor shooting and a tentative offense has been a problem in the past, in fact many, many posters on this board were up in arms with UB over it the last 2 years. It was a major reason why UB had to go according to many. We have a new coach and the poor shooting and tentative offense is now the new coaches fault. I can assure you if we had a 3rd coach it would then be the third coaches fault because with these players it would happen again. Would it be 20 pts, maybe, maybe not but it would be abysmal shooting and indecisive players.

Rick M isn't free of blame for that game, but the players certainly aren't either and you have basically placed 100% of the blame on the coach and given the players a free pass .... which brought me to the obvious question ... are you slow?