Suggestion - Autographed Basketball

The Don

There have been some games where the players stayed after and signed for kids. Or have someone wait outside the West Pine Gym prior to practice with a ball and sharpie. I'd get a nice ball maybe whatever the official ball is that will cost and one of those plastic cases, definitely sign it with a sharpie black. You could probably get both online.

The only thing i can think of is to go to womens basketball games sometimes mens players show up there and you can ask them to sign the ball

Call the men's bball office. Ask them to arrange it maybe? Or, find out when practice is, get there 30-45 minutes early, and camp outside of West Pine. An "Autograph Basketball" with a white panel will run about 25 bucks.

Our 8 year old is a huge fan, and has asked for an autographed Billiken basketball.

Are there any suggestions on how I might make this happen for our little tike?

Thanks...

The Don

It is sometimes involves some talking, but you can get this done.

Bring a ball to the next home game (get there early). Security may give you a little trouble, but if you are polite and explain the situation, usually they give up and let you in.

Go down to the entrance where players run in and out. They usually are out early for one set of warm ups, go in, come out for another, and then go in, then come out for game time. You want to catch them on the first set.

I would try to grab one of the older players, like Bryce, Luke, Dwayne, etc. Explain to them the situation, give them the ball (and a sharpie for them to sign it with). Ask them to take it back to the locker room for the other players to sign. They will likely bring it out or give it to someone to bring out to you during the next set of warm ups.

You can also try to do this after the game, but Scottrade security sometimes tries to clear you out.

I have done this a couple of times. As my father will attest to, I have a ball signed by every team since 1995 sitting in my room in St. Louis. :D

Our 8 year old is a huge fan, and has asked for an autographed Billiken basketball.

Are there any suggestions on how I might make this happen for our little tike?

Thanks...

The Don

Call Rachel Diener at the b-ball office and arrange for her to do it. This is a very normal request. Plus, you get to see Rachel.

Call Rachel Diener at the b-ball office and arrange for her to do it. This is a very normal request. Plus, you get to see Rachel.

Amen to that. I'd like to try to get Rachel to meet me at Eat-Rite® to cordially go over the details of this ball signing. Then I would take her to Blockbusta Video® to rent Love and Basketball. We would then take in the movie on a 4" portable DVD by the sandbox in Benton Park. I would then sleep over at her place with the ball, not because my place is a dump, or because I want to get with her or anything, but just because I would want to make sure to remind her first thing in the morning to take the ball with her to work that day.

OP - If you run into problems getting the ball signed, I'd be glad to try my approach for you.

well if you cant get all the signatures by christmas you could always go Sandlot style. get another ball forge the signatures so that you have something for him to open on christmas morning and then do the ole switcharoo when you retrieve the priceless ball from the Beast !

LOL. Nice. "Babey Ruthy??? It looks pretty crappy, man."

Especially now that Betsy Whateverhernameis is no longer assistant coach for the volleyball team.

OH NO!!! i was unaware of her departure. i believe her last name was brookbank or spankbank or something like that...

P.S. hot chicks named betsy are hot. this public service announcement brought to you by your good friends at tubby's grout warehouse and emporium®.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Rachel Diener was very helpful. My wife took a blue and white basketball down, and almost every Billiken + Rickma signed the ball!

Our eight year old will be ecstatic on Christmas morning!

Thanks again,

The Don