Official Game Thread: SLU v. Kent State

moytoy12

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can any team get into a rythm when the players are constantly being changed out.

It cannot be a fatigue factor, no one is in long enough to get tired!

The commentators had made mention of some very questionable calls. But that doesn't account for the poor performance.

Every team in the country is going to have a poor night. Hopefully, this is ours for the season. This is even worse than our performances against St. Joes two years ago. But keep the faith, RM will use this game to get us turned around somehow.

I hope we dont make the ESPN ticker as I have a few friends coming in town this weekend for a wedding and was planning on bringing them to the game Saturday. I might have to get them really drunk beforehand so they dont remember ever being there! What a joke.

I would think or at least hope our talent was comparable to a Kent State, Detroit, Furman, etc. I know we lack depth but we do have two of the better players in the 6th best conference in the country. I would say we could use that excuse against teams in power conferences.

6th? really.

ACC, BIG east, BIG ten, big 12, PAC 10, SEC, MVC, WCC, CAA

if 6th means 10th, i agree.

Yep.

What are all the knuckleheads that said we would win 24, 25, games saying now?

Well, I predicted 26 and 9 as a final record in the prediction contest, so I guess that makes me a major "knucklehead". Fortunately, while the bills were still 3 and 1, I modified my expectations downward in my "tempered expectations" thread, where I stated my belief that winning will be a secondary goal for the season- the primary goal being Majerus installing his system to his satisfaction. If Majerus had only this season to operate with and maximizing wins were a priority, I would like to believe that ya 26 and 9 would have been achievable. I do feel Majerus is doing the right thing- if by not prioritizing winning now that makes the team better down the road I am all for it, even if that means suffering a painful, ugly loss like tonight. Majerus's first season at Ball State was .500- the next season they went 29 and 3.

I realize that tonight's loss is very disturbing, but is name calling really neccesary? I, along with some others, were inaccurate in our predictions. It isn't the first time I've been wrong and it certainly won't be the last. I hope you didn't believe us to be some gurus or something. Sorry to dissapoint you...