BM on Liddell / Majerus

pakapablo

Bernie's column is an opinion piece, is it not? Found this statement from an editor in an unnamed paper. Think about it.

"Our reporters write news stoires. Those of us on the editorial board reflect on them and write opinins, which I regard as jumping off points for public debate. And, hopefully, someone in the public ... will open the public debate, which is exactly what happened in this case."

The writer also said, "Generally, when I hear about someone railing about some allegedly no good aspect of the newspaper or its staff, I'm pretty happy. It's the sound of job security. And that goes double for complaining letters to the editor.

"... so long as this bit of paper and ink you're reading is relevant, people will be talking about it. It's when people stop complaining that I'll be worried."

Bernie, Gordo, Kornheiser, Wilbon, Albon, Mariotti and all the others are only different from us in that they get paid to opine and their opinion has a delivery method much larger than ours. However, if the star of any team does not start or is benched or whatever, that is news. The reasons and consequences are pure speculation. Stranger things i have seen happen.

Bernie's column is an opinion piece, is it not? Found this statement from an editor in an unnamed paper. Think about it.

"Our reporters write news stoires. Those of us on the editorial board reflect on them and write opinins, which I regard as jumping off points for public debate. And, hopefully, someone in the public ... will open the public debate, which is exactly what happened in this case."

The writer also said, "Generally, when I hear about someone railing about some allegedly no good aspect of the newspaper or its staff, I'm pretty happy. It's the sound of job security. And that goes double for complaining letters to the editor.

"... so long as this bit of paper and ink you're reading is relevant, people will be talking about it. It's when people stop complaining that I'll be worried."

Bernie, Gordo, Kornheiser, Wilbon, Albon, Mariotti and all the others are only different from us in that they get paid to opine and their opinion has a delivery method much larger than ours. However, if the star of any team does not start or is benched or whatever, that is news. The reasons and consequences are pure speculation. Stranger things i have seen happen.

It may be an opinion but one that is based on facts. Now that would make the opinion not nearly as harmless as you might think. I agree though that I think TL will stay when it is all said and done. His not playing until the second half last game was not about his defense or practicing but his not being able to tell time. He did this once with Brad also so this may not have been a rebellion but just a dumb thing a kid did.

Just wanted throw this out there since it hasn't been mentioned, but remember that Tommie's benching by Brad last year was after the Bennett (correct me if it was a different player) situation. Remember, Bennett was late to something on the road, and Brad threatened to leave without him. Then I think Danny Brown and others stood up for Bennett and said that Brad wouldn't do that if it were Tommie, Kevin, etc. Then the next game Tommie was "late" and punished. There was some speculation that Tommie and Brad arranged it. It seemed awfully convenient.

Now, I wasn't there obviously last year, and all I know is what I read on this board. However I think Brad's benching may be different than Rick's.

Just wanted throw this out there since it hasn't been mentioned, but remember that Tommie's benching by Brad last year was after the Bennett (correct me if it was a different player) situation. Remember, Bennett was late to something on the road, and Brad threatened to leave without him. Then I think Danny Brown and others stood up for Bennett and said that Brad wouldn't do that if it were Tommie, Kevin, etc. Then the next game Tommie was "late" and punished. There was some speculation that Tommie and Brad arranged it. It seemed awfully convenient.

Now, I wasn't there obviously last year, and all I know is what I read on this board. However I think Brad's benching may be different than Rick's.

Never heard anything about that being a planned situation... interesting...

i tend to disagree with your above observation of tommie's defense saturday night. since we at fans had no idea during the game why tommie wasnt playing, my assumption was it was more attacks on his defense by the coaches. so when he finally went into the game (at which time i gave a standing ovation because i too was not happy about losing to an inferior team) i really watched him on defense. if by "shutting down his man" you mean he kept them from scoring, you are pretty much correct. i think tommie got scored on once. but my understanding of majerus man to man is denial defense. meaning if your man is one pass from the ball you dont sag and you deny that pass from being made. that did not happen. tommie continued to sag continued to allow his man to get the ball. more than anyone else on the team except bryce. (i give bryce the pass because it wouldnt surprise me that bryce for now when we play inferior opponents is being told to protect the paint and not worry about his man with the ball. that is what i would do with bryce when our opponents dont have a worthy inside guy).

i agree it was a p!ssed off tommie in the game. but that aggression still isnt the type of defense that lisch, meyer, polk and eckerle are playing.

I agree Tommie needs to work on his defense, Eckerle was getting killed out there, thats the reason Tommie got in the game, other than that he wouldnt have played..

Unfortunetly I was unable to attend the game but I heard TLIII really stepped up his game on both ends of the court. Is Tommie going to get the start in Springfield? Hopefully Tommie has been practicing hard and is responding to coach

Unfortunetly I was unable to attend the game but I heard TLIII really stepped up his game on both ends of the court. Is Tommie going to get the start in Springfield? Hopefully Tommie has been practicing hard and is responding to coach

folks imo the liddell thing is not about effort or a coach/player conflict. this is about tommie not picking up on the difference between what soderberg taught and what majerus teaches. no one has ever said tommie is not putting out an effort or is fighting with majerus. tommie plays hard and do not see an attitude from tommie by watching him on the bench or in huddles.

folks imo the liddell thing is not about effort or a coach/player conflict. this is about tommie not picking up on the difference between what soderberg taught and what majerus teaches. no one has ever said tommie is not putting out an effort or is fighting with majerus. tommie plays hard and do not see an attitude from tommie by watching him on the bench or in huddles.

Where did I say Tommie had an attitude problem? When i say responding to coach i mean picking up his system. I know Tommie gives max effort each game. Sorry if it came off that way. You have to admit though, something isnt clicking with Tommie and coach and I fully believe it will and when it does look out.

I agree Tommie needs to work on his defense, Eckerle was getting killed out there, thats the reason Tommie got in the game, other than that he wouldnt have played..

Eckerle is going to get killed out there most games so Tommie is going to see the floor whether Majerus likes it or not. I understand RM is trying to make his imprint on the program but this singling out of Tommie appears to be excessive. Jeezus what would RM recommend if Tommie skipped a class -- expulsion?