Hi, I'm Box and Won...

Box and Won

You may recognize me as the only guy in section 105 who was actually standing and cheering as our team was trying to win tonight's game, down by only two points in the closing seconds of the game.

I'm not asking for people to stand the entire game or anything, but cheer and make some noise for Christ's sake. The crowd tonight, and just about every other night, was a complete embarassment. I have no idea why the people in the good seats pay good money for their tickets, only to show up at the games and make no noise at all.

It's no wonder why we have no home court advantage whatsoever.

Actually, I normally sit in 119, but tonight I went with a friend who had seats in 105. We were in row F, on the aisle.

I think I saw you, but the rest of our section was totally dead. I thought that standing up would prompt the people behind me to stand so that at the very least they could see the game, but they remained seated.

I am so disappointed in our fans right now.

I'm on the aisle also ...but the far aisle ... if you are in front of me ... that is why I couldn't hear you ... and you were up so I didn't see you looking at the court. I am known in that section for getting loud. There have been games where I have berated the fans around me. It is always that way in 105. It really pisses me off.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Ever since Tonka threatened the nacho chip shower, I have doubled my vocal efforts at the game. Unfortunately, I had to behave myself tonight given the company I was with (I was not in my usual seats), but normally I yell and scream enough to draw stares. Just look for me in the last row of section 114. I'm the one jumping up and down and my wife is the one hiding under her coat in embarrassment.

On another note, is it just me, or are we getting really bad breaks on the officiating? I know, I know, we missed free throws and putbacks and left some people unguarded, but for God's sake, can't we catch a break with the zebras!!!!!?????!!!!!!

i stood for most of the end of the game. but in the same sense, dont expect me to stand the whole damn game ala the blue crew. now i am screaming and yelling and jumping up and down accordingly the whole game. but just standing the whole game doesnt prove a damn thing to me.

if they arent going to call the hack on sloan at the end, then they sure as hell shouldnt have called the last 2 cheapies they gave holland. one way or the other. whitehead is a jerk that has never ever given the billikens a break imo. at one point after ian got an over the back call, brad had to be close to getting a t. and of course you could see the snideness (is that a word?) on the face of whitehead as he "conversed with brad.

the little guy that called the one out of bounds on izik late in the second half was bad as well. he was missing calls and looking for help all night. the one call he is the big man call on was wrong as izik was no where close to that. the depaul players were laughing about it.

Couldnt agree with you more...if you are not standing and cheering with a tie game and two minutes left then you should not have come in the first place. To top it off, what did the people who started leaving when we were down four with a minute left have to do that was so important?? Is Drejaj gonna have to do a handstand or something to get people to make some noise?? It frustrates me that even with the crowd tonight we could have been loud and raccous enough near the end to make a difference but we didnt. I say "we" loosely, since everyone around me was going nuts and trying to get the blue hairs into it... If the crowd is anything like this for the next 3 games, might as well give the other teams the nod.

I have been saying for years that the crowds are ptitful, and this was just as bad as anyone. I'm not saying that everyone has to stand the whole game, but when people are sitting on their hands like they were tonight, that's awful.

With the way Louisville fans travel, if the SLU "fans" are anything like they were tonight, the game will feel like it is being played in Freedom Hall, not the Savvis Center.

BlueCrewPres, is there some way that the Athletic Dept. could let some of you guys go out on the court during a timeout, possibly with a microphone, and do something to get the fans out of their seats.

If the Band happens to go on another stadium run like we did tonight, I will take that oppurtunity to let fans know that they should be on their feet.

Hey, I'm in 119 also. I was standing several times over the last 5 minutes - stamping feet also, etc. I agree, the crowd did not seem into it even as much as several recent home games when it seemed like there was a lot more noise.

I had an intermural game after the Bills game tonight and I half expected the CUSA refs to show up for training. They were bad tonight and have been bad all year. I hate to start calling out the refs but we can't even get home refs at our own place. I suppose it's just another trial us faithful fans will have to endure.

The only solution I see is when the new Arena is built. Get plenty of students, get them good seats...the newness will carry somewhat a while, ...smaller size will create more noise....and hopefully winning will bring in more folks....I just don't see any change until then. I do notice that in other arenas, even the blue hairs get up and cheer sometimes...but it all starts with the students, and student section...