COMPLETE LACK OF FAN SUPPORT

Blue Crew and Band aside, there is a COMPLETE lack of fan support for this team. This was VERY evident tonight. The majority of fans - no spectators, they dont deserve to be called fans - sat on their ASSES the WHOLE GAME, especially the LAST 2 MINUTES. In a close game like this one, where your team needs you, it was very disapointing. The loss was dispointing, but seeing tonights lack of fan support hurt even more.

I agree ... I am in 105 near the floor ... I was up screaming for everyone to get up ... nobody moved ... I don't know if they understand the crowd can cause a turnover ... or get the adrenaline flowing for our guys and give them that extra half second for a steal ... We can make a difference ... I challenge every Billiken.com poster to stand and yell when the situation calls for it. MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I agree the fans have to be more vocal but the truth is the team had just given up a 21 point lead and a 12 point half time lead. Their defense was porous so they really did quiet the fans by their play. You can go to any arena in the country and if the visiting team is handing it to the home team - things get mighty quiet so lets me objective about this issue.

Please keep up the good work Blue Crew! We sit in 111 and were the only ones standing also. I'm not really sure how to get these sedate "fans" to get into it. I also saw many people leaving with seconds to go and a tight score that I couldn't understand. I know it will be better in the new stadium - better atmosphere and more students - but I wish there was a way to fix it now.

I am like all you folks, cheer for good plays and back the home team, let the refs know when they blew a call, etc. I get into the game. My darling wife no longer enjoys going with me to such events because she was raised to believe one should not BRING ATTENTION TO THEMSELVES !! She is embarrased by my behavior described above! Even if hundreds of others are cheering she feels like people are looking at us and think I am a nut. Since I have not been able to excplain to her satisfaction all that you are saying, I go to most basketball games with others. She misses not being together, so we have lots of other activities to make up for our hoops problem. I am looking forward to Saturday to treat her to a special Valentine's Day and root for a Bills win quietly from CA. All I can figure is that many more folks there at Savis are with people like my wonderful wife.

We're not going to see the type of hardcore fan support you and I crave until Meyer and Polk bring their considerable high school fanbase with them to the games in the coming year. As it stands, most fans of Borgia, Vashon, East St. Louis, etc. could care less about Billiken basketball and they are the most fanatical basketball fans in town.

>Blue Crew and Band aside, there is a COMPLETE lack of fan

>support for this team. This was VERY evident tonight. The

>majority of fans - no spectators, they dont deserve to be

>called fans - sat on their ASSES the WHOLE GAME, especially

>the LAST 2 MINUTES. In a close game like this one, where

>your team needs you, it was very disapointing. The loss was

>dispointing, but seeing tonights lack of fan support hurt

>even more.

Just because you're standing up doesn't make you a better fan. I was just a few rows behind you guys and we heard no chants, no cheers, nothing from you guys until, the last 2 minutes when you finally started waving pom poms and those foam noodles. The only chants of "defense" during the game came from the cheerleaders.

Next time Duke or Michigan State are on TV sit down and take some notes on how student sections are supposed to act. Painting your face, wearing blue and standing up don't create a hostile environment.