SLU-Detroit Game Review

thetorch

thetorch where did you play college ball, probably no where. This is a new coach with a new system, everybody's saying how good of a coach Majerus is, I dont see it anybody can run around and set screens you dont have to have talent to do that. Majuerus doesn't want any fancy stuff just plain basketball. Tommie played well his first two years now all of a sudden he's not, its not Tommie it's the coach. I'd rather have Sodie.

0 NCAA posteason appearances in 6 years, yeah I wish we had soderberg :lol:

thetorch where did you play college ball, probably no where. This is a new coach with a new system, everybody's saying how good of a coach Majerus is, I dont see it anybody can run around and set screens you dont have to have talent to do that. Majuerus doesn't want any fancy stuff just plain basketball. Tommie played well his first two years now all of a sudden he's not, its not Tommie it's the coach. I'd rather have Sodie.

:lol:

Growing pains, Tommie, growing pains. It's quite possible that in Majerus' system Tommie won't produce as much. I wish his rebounding numbers were higher, and his shooting percentage is a little low, but he's just figuring out his place in the offense (to my eye). Obviously you're going to know more than any of us what's going on w/ Tommie III, but I think the keys to Tommie's game, on offense and defense, are intensity and awareness, respectively. Tommie will always be able to get points when things break down, due to his athleticism and ability to make tough, contested shots. But, WHEN (not if) Majerus' offense clicks for him, he'll be getting a lot more easy buckets due to wide open backdoor cuts, pick and pops, drive and dishes, etc. There is a lot of standing around now, but that's not the offense, that's them learning the offense.

Like I said, you know Tommie III the best, but it's still very early in the season.

Tommie played well his first two years now all of a sudden he's not, its not Tommie it's the coach. I'd rather have Sodie.

It depends on your point of view. If you believe that a Hall of Fame coach has earned the right to be a totalitarian (I don't but a lot of people do) then any player who isn't instantly comfortable with that coach's system will be found lacking. I know it has to be tough seeing Tommie having to "relearn" how to play after so much success but I think it will eventually work itself out. It's just a temporary inconvenience.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After a hard nights work that really made me laugh. Now I'm kind of sad if it serious.

I can't believe this is Tommie's dad. If it is he probably shouldn't post here anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After a hard nights work that really made me laugh. Now I'm kind of sad if it serious.

I can't believe this is Tommie's dad. If it is he probably shouldn't post here anymore.

Why shouldn't he post here? He's entitled to his opinion just like everyone else. He certainly has more inside info than anyone else on here.

If I were him, I'd have a tough time reading this board. The fact that he does and is willing to post his own comments is good. More power to him.

Why shouldn't he post here? He's entitled to his opinion just like everyone else. He certainly has more inside info than anyone else on here.

If I were him, I'd have a tough time reading this board. The fact that he does and is willing to post his own comments is good. More power to him.

If I were him I wouldn't read this board. I sure as hell wouldn't make posts blasting the coach. This is a public forum. Anyone can read this. Media members read this board. Members of the athletic dept read this board. At the very least making comments like that could be pretty embarrassing for Tommie.

That damn Majerus, he raised the basket to 12 feet high and shortened the length of the court to 84 feet.

Every member of that team should be waking up everyday, clapping their hands, and thanking Biondi that Majerus is on board. I'll side with the Hall of Fame coach that wins 3 outta every 4 games, 10 times outta 10

That damn Majerus, he raised the basket to 12 feet high and shortened the length of the court to 84 feet.

Every member of that team should be waking up everyday, clapping their hands, and thanking Biondi that Majerus is on board. I'll side with the Hall of Fame coach that wins 3 outta every 4 games, 10 times outta 10

I said after the first game I could see a potential in Tommie III to emulate Monroe Douglas-who in most people's opinion had more talent

than Roland Gray-they ended in a virtual tie for points for career; Roland kept getting better and MD either dominated his man or was shut down in alternating games-depending on the talent and coaching we faced.

In any event MD had a great shake and bake move and could sky for his size for sweet jumpers-he played one on one basketball. Sound

familiar?

Tommie had a great soph year;but every coach in our league has seen it and RM has to get him to be better this year and next or Lou Fuze is going to have another car salesman from SLU.

Grawer de emphasized MD and relied on the taller RG for his offense and the team succeeded; as we were all MD fans it was difficult for the fans to watch too.

If Tommie and his family work as hard as RM wants he can be in the NBA; Majerus knows how to get him there,