Game Day!

Finally, it's hear. Game Day. It's been a LONG 9 months. I listened to the bands version of "Saints" twice on my way into work this morning in preparation for this evenings festivities. Looks like Tom has a pretty good game day article.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...89?OpenDocument

Finally, it's hear. Game Day. It's been a LONG 9 months. I listened to the bands version of "Saints" twice on my way into work this morning in preparation for this evenings festivities. Looks like Tom has a pretty good game day article.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...89?OpenDocument

Getting excited for 5+ hours of basketball tonight... Been a long time. Does anyone know, is the men's ticket good for the women's game as well? It doesn't say. I don't mind paying again for the women's game, but I'm heading over right after work and wanted to know what the deal was.

From TT's article:

"One of Majerus' mantras is that "starting is for high school," meaning that being in the starting lineup is not that big a deal. He said his probable starting lineup for the exhibition would not include junior guard Tommie Liddell, a preseason Atlantic 10 second-team selection."

Makes me feel better. I'm hoping to see big things from Bryce tonight, hurt or not. If you can't dominate an exhibition game, you can't contribute consistently.

From TT's article:

"One of Majerus' mantras is that "starting is for high school," meaning that being in the starting lineup is not that big a deal. He said his probable starting lineup for the exhibition would not include junior guard Tommie Liddell, a preseason Atlantic 10 second-team selection."

Makes me feel better. I'm hoping to see big things from Bryce tonight, hurt or not. If you can't dominate an exhibition game, you can't contribute consistently.

Bryce should at least get a good matchup with Sky Frazier. Hes nothing special but at least he will playing against someone taller then 6'5 like some exibition games we play

Bryce should at least get a good matchup with Sky Frazier. Hes nothing special but at least he will playing against someone taller then 6'5 like some exibition games we play

Sky is pretty good and started for someone pretty good Missouri State teams. He even can step out and shoot the 3. His problem was never talent. It was other issues.

Wow. My 41st season of Billiken basketball. I'll sit down with my kid tonight (who's not even 16 yet and is in her 8th season, I think) and see the Shoes getting rowdy down to my left and soon hear Skip yell something amusing at the refs up and to my right and see AlumniFan in his perch up near the top row of the lower deck.

And next year, I think almost all of us -- and everyone on the board -- will be within yelling distance of each other. Is this cool, or what?

Wow. My 41st season of Billiken basketball. I'll sit down with my kid tonight (who's not even 16 yet and is in her 8th season, I think) and see the Shoes getting rowdy down to my left and soon hear Skip yell something amusing at the refs up and to my right and see AlumniFan in his perch up near the top row of the lower deck.

And next year, I think almost all of us -- and everyone on the board -- will be within yelling distance of each other. Is this cool, or what?

Wow, Bonwich. Wow. Hat's off.

Seriously. It doesn't seem like we've had any students post here recently.

i know crymdg and slu nick have recent posts. both are still students. but you are correct, the apathy is sad.

i would hope for balance purposes when we get to chaifetz they continue to place myself and skip diagonally opposite with the shoes in one of the other corner's. that way the refs can learn at both ends of the court what they are missing.

one would actually think slu would pay us to sit as such.

I'll be on my best behavior; my mother will be accompanying me this evening.

Otherwise, I will be sure to make the most of my last hurrah in good ol' section 120.

I have never been this excited for a Billiken exhibition opener. It will be a great to see big Rick on the sidelines because I certainly had my doubts he would actually make it to the season. I am really hoping AM plays. I think he could be a real contributor this year.

Nice handle. I too hope to see AM play and get some solid minutes. In honor of Kevin (the Honey Badger) Lisch, I resuscitate this gem (beware, visceral cobra decapitation contained w/in):

Gotta love Kevin backpedaling to get back on D at 1:04.

I would love to hear this music when Kevin is announced each game. Or any time the Bills force a shot clock violation. LOLOLOL

Nice handle. I too hope to see AM play and get some solid minutes. In honor of Kevin (the Honey Badger) Lisch, I resuscitate this gem (beware, visceral cobra decapitation contained w/in):

Gotta love Kevin backpedaling to get back on D at 1:04.

I would love to hear this music when Kevin is announced each game. Or any time the Bills force a shot clock violation. LOLOLOL

LOL!!!!! I love that clip! Thanks Jimbo! Man, I can't wait to start playing music with and for everyone tonight! I'm pumped! :lol::DB)

Quick question... Why in the world are we still playing UMSL??? We should be playing against another D-1 program. That will be a true test of what we are able to do...

This is an exhibition game; it doesn't count. The NCAA prohibits exhibition games between D1 teams. We actually had a "scrimmage" last week against Memphis. We used to play teams like Athletes in Action (former college players touring D1 programs for exhibition games), but the NCAA outlawed them too.

So we get UMSL

This is an exhibition game; it doesn't count. The NCAA prohibits exhibition games between D1 teams. We actually had a "scrimmage" last week against Memphis. We used to play teams like Athletes in Action (former college players touring D1 programs for exhibition games), but the NCAA outlawed them too.

So we get UMSL

Okay, thats the difference. We can scrimmage anyone but an exhibition game has to be against a non D1 school.. That makes sense. Ole Miss played MTSU this past Sunday and I was wondering how they could do that... That makes sense.... When did they change the rules on this?????

Okay, thats the difference. We can scrimmage anyone but an exhibition game has to be against a non D1 school.. That makes sense. Ole Miss played MTSU this past Sunday and I was wondering how they could do that... That makes sense.... When did they change the rules on this?????

2003 was the last year we could play Athlete's in Action or EA All-Star types of teams. I don't think teams have ever been able to play another D1 team in an "exhibition"

2003 was the last year we could play Athlete's in Action or EA All-Star types of teams. I don't think teams have ever been able to play another D1 team in an "exhibition"

even the closed door scrimmage, where I believe they aren't suppossed to even announce a score counts as one of your 2 exhibitions which is why we only have 1 this year.

I'm excited about the game tonight also, hopefully we get up big early so I can just sit there quietly and behave myself. It's hard to get on refs when you are up 15 or more and the game is all but over.

It would be nice to have a loud fan or group in each area of the new arena, with it being so much smaller though, I think it will be easier to be heard.