ESPN talks Saint Louis

jobekwslu

Listed on insiders 10 games to watch...

8. Saint Louis at Saint Joe's, Feb. 28, ESPN/ESPN2

All eyes will be on the sidelines as two of the country's best bald coaches, Rick Majerus and Phil Martelli, square off. Seriously, both teams should be part of an Atlantic 10 resurgence this season and this game should have serious NCAA Tournament implications.

Also one of the five upset watches...

Watch for Baylor and St. Louis to notch early-season upsets

Saint Louis over Southern Illinois, Dec. 15, ESPNU

The Salukis never play well in St. Louis. They have won the Missouri Valley regular-season title five of the past six years but have won Arch Madness -- the conference tournament -- in the STL only once during those years. In addition, new St. Louis coach Rick Majerus will have a game plan that breaks down the immense pressure of SIU and expose their youth without Jamal Tatum.

I can't wait!!!

Listed on insiders 10 games to watch...

8. Saint Louis at Saint Joe's, Feb. 28, ESPN/ESPN2

All eyes will be on the sidelines as two of the country's best bald coaches, Rick Majerus and Phil Martelli, square off. Seriously, both teams should be part of an Atlantic 10 resurgence this season and this game should have serious NCAA Tournament implications.

Also one of the five upset watches...

Watch for Baylor and St. Louis to notch early-season upsets

Saint Louis over Southern Illinois, Dec. 15, ESPNU

The Salukis never play well in St. Louis. They have won the Missouri Valley regular-season title five of the past six years but have won Arch Madness -- the conference tournament -- in the STL only once during those years. In addition, new St. Louis coach Rick Majerus will have a game plan that breaks down the immense pressure of SIU and expose their youth without Jamal Tatum.

I can't wait!!!

Thanks for the info and welcome aboard jobekwslu.

SIU has been the best team around here over the past few years... End of story. If we beat them in Carbondale then I think you can call it an upset, but beating them at home is not as hard to fathom. They have a great team and I'm really looking forward to that game... should be fun.

I think SIU is ranked in the pre-season. We are not. Anytime you can beat a team ranked higher than you, it is considered an upset.

If the game was to be played tomorrow who do you think Vegas would pick as the favorite, remembering that home-court is typically worth 4-5 points?

Although dumb sportscasters will all the time call it an upset when the lower ranked team wins, it seems weird toi me to call something an upset when that team is actually favored to win. A perfect example of this was Illinois recent win over Wisconsin. they were favored by 3.

If the game was to be played tomorrow who do you think Vegas would pick as the favorite, remembering that home-court is typically worth 4-5 points?

Although dumb sportscasters will all the time call it an upset when the lower ranked team wins, it seems weird toi me to call something an upset when that team is actually favored to win. A perfect example of this was Illinois recent win over Wisconsin. they were favored by 3.

From what I can recall, SLU has been dominant against just about everyone at home as of late, and SIU will be no different. If anything, I'll be able to chase Kevin all over the court with a gymnastics pad in anticipation of the inevitable attempted bodyslam from whoever SIU's Mr. Missing Link 2007 happens to be. If Kevin comes out of the game w/out a broken arm, we'll win by 10 like we should have last year, at their house.