Athletic Department discussion

4 tics at $400 = $1600

80% tax deduction = $1,280

30% tax bracket = $384

that is significant.

Also, I doubt many can afford $1,600 in SLU donations if they don't own a house/condo and aren't already itemizing...

Based on what he just said

Alumni = 20 points

Annual Giving = $400 x 17 = $6,800 = 136 points

Average of 3 season tics for 17 years = 153 points

17 years of BC memebership = 34 points

At a minimum, Roy has 343 points accumulated to date...which obviously ignores anything else he has done.

It would cost a "newbie" over $17k to move ahead of him.

In the Post Dispatch article he said he was in the low hundreds. Considering that many of those are "big-time" donors and will have no problem taking Gold seats I'd say he is just fine.

i am in the top 25% as of last year. my number was under 300.

however last year the priority rankings included everyone, not just billiken club members. that total number of season tix holders compared to billiken club members is likely pretty significant and i recognize that those of us at 300 or better are likely all billiken club members. so from a % viewpoint of total billiken club members, not sure where i will end up.

keep in mind though that a lot of those ahead of me are indeed the bigger boosters that are indeed giving 4 and 5 figure donations. they likely will opt for gold or blue seats since they are giving at that level now.

i think at worst, i will at least be able to maintain my corner low seats at best i will be center court in the red within the best couple of rows for red.

A newbie wont need $17k to move ahead of him, all he has to do is pony up the money for one of the seats being vacated in the gold by someone deciding that is not what they want to contribute on an annual basis for those seats, but four hundred per seat for the family of four in the Red section is just fine.

Fine. If Mark Wright wants to be fair, I want him and the AD to cross reference all dead people with the Bureau of Vital Statistics and Social Security. Also, I want all the corporate ticket accounts removed and them told to go the back of the line. SLU has never done this and never will. Don't tell me SLU record keeping is accurate and above board.

I am just letting people know what I think is coming. I think we are headed for alot of pissed off long time season ticket holders and long time donors. I am not worried about myself or the people I care about we should all end up being in pretty good shape. Not as good as seats as the Scott, but decent enough seats none the less. The people I think will be pissed off are those that were expecting to improve their seats based on what they were told over the years. Unless you are willing to donate big time bucks for each seat, prepare to have a less than comparable seat at the new building.

There is a group of a about hundred people that have had season tickets going back to the late seventies and beyond. Hell some of them are on the books for having tickets all the way back to the fifties. Many have started making making the necessary donations to mantain their ticket ranking over recent years. This group has similar if not in many cases more points than Roy. I know many of them from when I was a little kid and we were the only people in the old Arena or Keil Auditorium. They will not be bucking up for the gold seats. They will all be using there priorty points to buy the best tickets in less pricey sections.

and deservedly so. but even if 200 of the less than 300 account holders ahead of me priority wise opt for red seats and average 4 seats each, that is only 800 seats and would leave a ton of blue and gold seats open.

first that wont be the case. a lot of those 200-300 accounts indeed will select gold and blue seats. second if for some really misjudged reason they all do select red, i would bet that the slu folks would move the line between gold and red closer to the floor. surely slu is not going to give those center court seats to single game purchasers ahead of boosters.

that would be a firestorm.

Season tickets to businesses and people that have never gave a rat's a$$ about the program before they ever change the chart. They have a soon to be hot product with RM moving into a new building and believe they can sell these pricey donation season tickets to people that haven't been on board before. They are probably right.

Off topic, but it would be good if a few of the more vocal fans could get seats down low and close together.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

hey if they are paying the "arena fee" to the billiken club, i have no problem with it.

what i would have a problem with is single game tickets. those are the people that should sit on the ends at the top definitely not center court in front of boosters.

Given the elongated seating arrangement of the ScottTrade Center, it will be easy to maintain your relative distance from the court in the new arena but not your relative row placement. Heck, I sit now in the first row of the top tier center court and my distance from the court is actually closer than some in the bottom bowl. Nobody at SLU is going to cross reference death certificates so be reasonable. What they will do is send a letter to the name on the season tix list/Club ranking for tax purposes. What will happen is you can still buy your seats based on the false ranking but will not be able to take the tax donation on your taxes since the person on the list will either be dead or get all the credit for the deduction if buying in a group. Nark's idea of rebating back my tax savings from the tix that are not mine to those in your group actually works and is probably what I will do with my brother. This is your decision one way or the other. I also am in the top 1/3 of the rankings and I believe I will be able to get decent Red or Gold seats - the only thing holding me out of the Gold is the odd # of tix I buy since they will not likely be interested in putting me in any even # row in the Gold.

And it is a shame. That is the first thing that goes at most of these new venues. The passionate fans, the few that we have willing to risk getting berated by the people behind them, get pushed further to the back as coporate interest get the seats close to the action. The students are the best hope for vocal fans near the court in the new building.

I also think nark's idea makes good sense. That way the entire donation gets credited to a single account and thus maximizes the "ranking" benefit for the whole group. But, yes, some has to get kicked back by the account owner to the individuals, 'cause he's the one who gets the tax deduction.