ok..trying this again

SLUNATE

Curious as to why?

I don't think there is a minimum...but the goal is to have a bunch of 20-25k capacity stadiums. Sure wish STL had a team, but it takes big corporate dollars of someone willing to lose some cash...and nobody wants to buck up n STL...more importantly...it takes a stadium. Dallas is getting a new one, so don't get used to that field...Lamar Hunt owns 3 teams...and another owner has multiple teams I believe.

I know STL could draw 10-15k for summer games...more than a lot of teams. Not anywhere on the horizon...need a soccer buff with big dollars in STL.

btw....big week for SLU soccer...Louisville in driver seat with only two conf games left, both at home...if they win both, SLU cannot finish ahead of Louisville in conf...Marquette also in good position(play at Louisville this week, SLU needs both teams to lose) and Cinci has several games left...but those 3 need some losses...Louisville MUST lose one of those two gmes this week. They got dominated at home by UAB but tied 0-0 last week. Louisville in driver seat, but if they lose one, SLU wins their remaining conf games, and Marquette loses one...SLU is right there. Best scenario seems to hope for Marquette to beat Louisville on road, then have Marquette lose their next one. And ...I am confident Cinci will lose one more in conf...but with their win over SLU...they need to lose two more.

Glad I probably confused everyone with that...

The only important thing is to finish in the Top 2, and get a bye. Otherwise you have to win 3 in a row to win the tournament, which is not likely. If we finish in the top 2 and win the tournament, we have a decent shot at a 4 seed in the NCAAs which would be home games til the Final Four. I know I am getting way ahead of ourselves. A win in Bloomington would be awfully nice.

Is because I wonder if that kind of a stadium, with college football/mls tenant structure could grow to revenue neutral status? between M & W college soccer, college football, MLS and the occasional 'Friday Night Lights' HS football double header....could it be a sell? Not to mention the possibility of renting it out as a track facility for regional and national meets (given our midwestern locale)

just a college football nut thinking out loud

capacity...not sure, because capacity is more than actual seating availability. 6000? 7000? tops. I believe the highest ever reg season crowd is under 6k...but you can stuff in more...and it is easily conceivable to expand seating. As I have said before, they have a nice facility right now, a good team, ...a shame they don't get more students at games. I just don't see why they can't have a student section, etc...

SLU is still 5th in rankings this week. Interesting to note, that it is WHEN you beat an opponent...Clemson, UVA, Furman, all highly ranked squads, are unranked now...and those wins would not mean as much as they did before. And rightfully so, SLU is still held with the high ranking.

IU is hot lately, though down for their standards. Win would look nice, and be a positive...nicer to win conference.

SLU has a lot of work to do to get a 4 seed in NCAA...Memphis is very beatable, and it is a home game....UAB has a TON of ties, and is still better than their results, a tough road game.