Plan B: Fran Fraschilla!!??

What a turd of a plan B. This guy was not a big winner at St. Johns and he sure wasn't at New Mexico (3 NITs, no NCAAs). Add to that he's a gold digger and was basically fired at St. John's for flirting with the opening at Arizona State along with abusing his players and his coaching staff.

Personally I hate retreads, I would rather have Gillick than some "Nasty manipulative little man." whose been a career assistant and is much disliked by his peers and former assistants and players.

Here is an article on him from Redmen.com, St.John's fan website that basically highlights who he is.

http://redmen.com/article31.html

Fraschilla would be a disaater. If RM isn't interested I'd go for a Lusk or Q. Martin. Even though neither has been a head coach I'm for building with an assistant with local ties than an East Coast reject.

I would rather have a coach that I can like or actually believe is doing what is best for the program and not himself. Adrian Wojekowski (now on ESPN.com) wrote that article above. I just don't like FF, I want a coach I want to win and succeed at this university.

I'd rather have an up and comer or a hot asst than some retread. Neither Gillen or especially Fraschilla do anything for me. I don't neccesarily feel we have to make a big splash. We need the right guy. I see the merits of RM, but I also see the negatives. I would be perfectly happy if we hired C. Martin and elated if we hired him and brought in Bonner as an Asst. I think with those 2 we would certainly have a very good shot with every local kid. I don't buy this theory that if RM just wiggles his nose he will have recruits lined up at the door to come here and play.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

He wouldn't necessarily be my first choice but I've been impressed enough with him through his ESPN work to give him a chance. If he wanted the job I truly think he would dive into it and give it his all...he's already got a great gig at ESPN that he would be giving up. And he's not a phony Vitale type of "feel good" commentator. I heard him say he had his doubts about Gillespie at succeeding at UK because Gillespie is very thin-skinned when it comes to crticism.

"Fraschilla exposed himself inside the Alumni Hall locker room to his team on two occasions last season to illustrate, well, the coach's opinion that his players were missing a couple of things he apparently possessed."

The ESPN job is shuck, whenever there is a camera someone is acting. You can't judge someone by watching them on TV, his body of work speaks enough about him.

i pray our new coach will be rick majerus. imo he is the only choice that wont cost us far in excess of a million dollars to be able to walk in and continue were we left off and move forward.

gillen, franchilla, lavin, they are not the answer imo.

an asst would be hiring the next ex-billikens head coach. no assistant has a chance to make this work assuming nothing else changes.

imo, the best plan "b" is a low major head coach that has been coaching for awhile and is overdue for a shot at the bigtime. but even that will be likely doomed unless the infrastructure gets the needed lifts.

i.e. it is majerus or we start over. we shall soon see what kind of a "plan" was in place when the bomb was dropped last week.

I wouldn't mind a guy at a low mid major whose been successful. Beilein was at Richmond then got WVU. If there's another one of him out there, great. Why isn't anyone mentioning OSU's Groce. Young, obviously a hell of a recruiter, with a winning coach, and knows the A-10. He could be a mini Bill the Kid.

groce recruiting to ohio state when one of the greatest aau teams in history wanted to stay together adn stay relatively close to home is a great accomplischment?

groce as majerus top assistant being groomed to take over in a few years would make sense. groce to be the head coach is deciding who our next ex head coach is going to be in 2012.