State of the Tigerboard

That is hilarious stuff. The problem with the tigerboard is the SPUMAC fans. Does he honestly not expect pettiness, whininess and childishness from them? He needs to wake up. The whole deleting of posts and rewriting is too good as well. I posted there a few times this season and my posts were gone immediately. I may flame but I do tie some logic into my flames.

Look, the post was not really about Mizzou. The post was about a Billikens.com poster's appreciation for the quality of the community we have here in light of what's going on in other corners of cyberspace. I'm sorry if your miserable eyes can't see that, causing you to accuse SLU fans of obsession that isn't there. Truly, it's the few Mizzou fans who post here constantly in an attempt to usurp the board that are obsessed.

If Missouri fans' team were playing better (at least up to its potential) and didn't have the dark storm clouds of scandal hovering over their heads, they wouldn't be hanging out on the fan board of a non-rival in-state team trying to live vicariously on that team's moderate (but somewhat unexpected) success and still trying to assert their imagined superiority.

Ok Thicks, I'll respond. I'm not claiming superiority. I am convinced that if MU and SLU played this season, SLU would win, perhaps even handily--probably even at Hearnes. Your coach can obviously coach circles around our "coach," and I use that term loosely. I am a big admirer of coach Soderberg, and have said so in the past. If the rather measely sum I give each year to the tiger scholar ship fund along with my purchase of season football tickets was enough to cause Mike Alden to be concerned with what I thought, I would tell him it's time to cut ties with Quin Snyder and try to get the program back on the right path. And I would tell him that Soderberg would be a guy I would at least talk to about replacing Snyder. Unfortunately, my few dollars does not give me that type of influence.

I'm also not living vicariously through your team. Frankly, it is that much more difficult facing that my team stinks when SMLU is playing well when I live in St. Louis, given the local media's habit of playing the two off of each other and of fawning over SMLU for any success it might have.

I have no interest in usurping this board. I'm simply reading posts about college basketball, and occassionaly responding when the subject is the team I happen to follow more closely than any other, which is Mizzou. Why you all find that so threatening, I have no idea. This is essentially a public forum, subject only to whatever restrictions the moderator places on participation here. Given the prevailing attitudes on this forum, perhaps you should simply start a private email chain so that you can discuss Mizzou or whatever you want without any interruptions from "outsiders." Given the current format, I will continue to post when the topic is MU if I feel fit to do so. If that bothers you, I suggest you just ignore me.

How much better IS SLU playing? If record's all that matters, then yes- they have outplayed mizzou by a great margin. But they also had 4 gimme wins. I know, I know, the belmont loss. Cry me a river. Fact of the matter is, both teams fall into the category of "mediocre" this year, even if one team is much more exciting to watch.

When the Tigers self destruct its my second favorite thing in College Hoops. Mutgr is one of the few Tiger fans willing to accept the crushing, depressing, reality facing Q and the boys and even continue posting on Nick's Wacky Nazi Censorship Board. I welcome sharing the pain with him. Love the sinner hate the sin!

I never said SLU was underachieving, but are they overachieving? or even achieving at all? What are they now, 90th in rpi? Where would they be without 4 games against people in the bottom 270 or so in rpi? Neither of the teams are particularly good. I will admit that SLU is far more exciting to watch, and much less distressing with their play.