Biondi might have just brought shame

To himself, SLU, and all of the Athletic department. If it is true that he was pressured by boosters this is the most corrupt bull s*** ive ever heard of.IMO

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

>To himself, SLU, and all of the Athletic department. If it

>is true that he was pressured by boosters this is the most

>corrupt bull s*** ive ever heard of.IMO

>

It's called big time college sports. Welcome, it's been waiting for the Bills.

Abe, Agreed. If you want to watch some pee wee sports action Billiken Fan05, go find a pick up game at your nearest park. Giving in to boosters is what every big time program has to deal with you wimp!!!! This is good for the program. Now SLU needs to make the right decision and hire a coach that can bring in big time talent and take over the sad a@@ A-10.

Wait and see.....

The patronizing of the media via CIA routine is bad, very bad. It only further alienates the local media and their respect and support for the program.

Coaching decisions being made or heavily influenced by big-time boosters is the reality of today's major college sports. It happens at Nortre Dame, Boston College, North Carolina, UCLA, and every other major program in the country. It is a sign that folks with big money care about the program and are willing to put their money up to show it.

"Coaching decisions being made or heavily influenced by big-time boosters is the reality of today's major college sports. It happens at Nortre Dame, Boston College, North Carolina, UCLA, and every other major program in the country. It is a sign that folks with big money care about the program and are willing to put their money up to show it."

Very true David, but it doesn't mean they are right or particularly smart........

The difference is that SLU does not have even 1% of the "boosters" of places like ND, UNC and UCLA. I have been around this program for more than 30 years and I have never ever seen any big time big dollar boosters who want to throw around big money on the program. That is a myth that was created to justify the firing of Brad today.

There are a few but nothing like the big schools and I was in the meetings on the arena where we said we were trying to identify any possible potential donors. If you have this big bunch of big bucks boosters then you don't need a meeting to try to identify who they might be! This big bucks booster conspiracy is a myth.

I just think it's funny Biondi is in New York City during this whole fiasco. It was last week that I heard he would be in New York this week, but I had heard nothing of the firing...cop out, just like when he fired the students' two favorites Frs. Doody and Barry during summer vacation. Always "strategic" timing.

------------------------------------------------------------

*Official Billikens.com sponsor of Mike Beczkala

Fr. Doody was a friend of mine and I have had many lunches with him and spent hours talking to him about everything and anything. I considered him a good friend when I was on campus years ago. I am disappointed I did not stay in touch with him. All that being said, Fr. Doody was a maverick priest and when I used that exact term with him, he agreed with me. He would often tell you what you wanted to hear and as a college student that was often nice. As a Catholic, the last thing the Roman Catholic church needs is maverick priests or priests who are disobedient. Was his disobedience horrible - absolutely not. But, he knew he was and would admit it to me. I still liked him as a friend and respected the endearing way he was with students. But, I also knew that one day he knew that some of his actions while not severe in any sense may be called out, and eventually they were. I wish him well in whatever he is doing as he is a wonderful person.

This may sound stupid - but for my four years, I really appreciated that a Catholic priest would go out of his way to try to run me over in his golf cart. I don't like the idea that God is an uptight, unplayful stiff, and Fr. Doody personified everything that wasn't that. What's the point if you're not going to shake things up a bit???

If you don't fit under Biondi's thumb, you don't fit. I hope Levick sticks it to him one way or another. Good leaders know when to lead and when to follow. I think he's taken the reigns out of more capable hands this time, and it's def. not the first time.

Glad to hear Fr. Doody is doing well. I may reach out to him

Jimbo, I agree with your thoughts but at the same time there has to be a certain amount of obedience when it comes to certain things. I am not going to rehash something and share some specific circumstances, but the message from priests has to be consistent on certain things.

Most certainly, no need to bring up old stuff... and the University does have to present a united front. Regardless, as long as Fr. Doody's happy, which I'm sure he is, and changing lives, which I'm also sure of, all is well.

I would like to see a competitive program, but the programs you mention are at another level. According to info for 2006 available at midmajority.com/info/schools-budget here are athletic dept. expenses:

ND $55,468,396 (no split out)

BC $51,766,104 (no split out)

North Carolina $53,353,892 (another source, over $5MM on bb)

UCLA $52,049,868 (same source, over $5mm on bb)

Just for fun:

Temple $25,819,092

Richmond $21,279,880 They both made the top 100 in this category

St. Joe $10,980,582

Xavier $10,874,364

And, drum roll, please: SLU $10,241,995

Brad was a little too optimistic when telling people this can be a consistent top 25 program: the budget says it all.

And while $30mm has been raised, there is still $12mm more to raise for the arena.......after THREE YEARS of solicitation. Doesn't sound like there are "big time boosters" willing to fill the gap.